Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 25, 2006

Little Sister/Mei Mei/Em Gai Nho

When we ask Annslee about a baby sister she always shakes her head yes. Of course, she has no idea what it means but it is really cute. So we wait for her little sister or Mei Mei (Mandarin) or Em Gai Nho (Vietnamese). We can't wait for them to meet. What a special moment that will be! I am sure the fighting will come quickly enough too.


Two Girls, One Moon

A baby sister,
What is that?
Is it like,
A family cat?
She’s not a cat,
She’s just like you,
She laughs and cries,
And giggles, too.
So where’s she at,
This other me?
Is she here?
I want to see.
You came from far,
And so does she.
Just like you,
We’ll cross the sea.
How far is far,
I want to know.
Come on Mommy,
Let’s go, let’s go!
Just like you,
She’s far away,
We’ll have to wait,
‘til travel day.
She’s so far,
For her it’s light,
But for you,
For you, it’s night.
Come on darling,
Step outside,
What do you see,
Up in the sky?
I see the stars,
I see the moon.
What kind of moon?
A mommy moon.
The moon you see,
She sees at night.
When for you,
For you it’s light.
Tell the moon,
How you love her,
Tell the moon,
How you miss her.
Tell the moon
She’s your baby sister.
Tell the moon
We’ll come and get her.
From you to her,
She’ll hear you soon,
Across the world,
Two girls, one moon.
And so one day,
As time has passed,
We sit outside,
Upon the grass.
It is dark,
But it is light,
Our friend the moon,
Lights up the night.
Holding hands,
And side by side,
One moon, two girls,
My sister and I.

-Tom McCrossin

2 comments:

Mamatini said...

Congratulations on starting up the process for your second, and for a little sister for Annslee! We are thrilled for you and will be happily following your progress.

Anonymous said...

What a cute poem! May I have a copy of it? (We talked about agencies recently.)

 
Site Meter