"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches." Proverbs 22:1
As some of you know Annslee is named after both of her grandmothers (my mom's middle name was Ann and my mother-in-law's middle name is Lee) so it has special meaning for us. Well, now it is time to name her baby sister and we are all out of family names and ideas. We have been thinking of names lately but haven't decided on one yet. We thought of Melinda (my middle name) but I wasn't really thrilled with that so I looked for variations on that and came up with Lindsay and Malia. My hubby brought Courtney to the table one night (not literally, just the name) and Makenna has always kind of been in the running (actually MaKenzie was). Addison is just a name we both heard and liked. As to Ashlyn, well it is kind of a variation of Ashley. When I was little I wanted my name to be Ashley. I remember asking my mother repeatedly (I'm sure she loved that) why she didn't name me Ashley. Well, I am named after both my grandmothers and neither of them were named Ashley, so the answer was simple enough.
So I thought it would be fun to let our readers have a say, however I won't promise you that we will go with the winner from this poll. Vote below and if none of them really strike you then give your own suggestions in the comment field!
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






17 comments:
hahaha - you KNOW my vote!!!!!!! :-)
What about Marla? Part Mark, part Laura.
What a cute blog you have! I love how you put the poll on there. I have just added you guys to my bloglines so that I can follow your journey. I voted for Addison.
I like Makenna. I may be partial though as it sounds slightly like Mikayla. Good luck! I know the right name will come to you! :) Love ya guys!
I worked with a great girl named courtney but it was spelled Kourtneii. By the way, we voted for Addison. :)
I voted for Lindsay, but I really like Addison too--especially since Grey's Anatomy is my favorite show and I like that character. Actually, I am talking myself into changing my vote for Addison--I can just see little Addie running around : ) By the way, I hope I get to see Annslee again before she turns 15--we miss y'all!!
Oh, I like Karen's suggesting of Marla! If that were in the running that is what I would vote for but since it isn't I voted for Malia.
Becky
BTW - I plan on posting Olivia's first haircut pics sometime this evening. :-)
I voted for Addison. I also like Malia. The poll is a fun idea! :)
Hey guys,
I am voting for Malia of the two listed there. Michelle is the more practical in the bunch, she says she would wait till she knew what the childs name was first... That is how we decided on JiaLi's name and that turned out Great!!! I like the look of Malia it is similar to JiaLi :-)
I like a lot of the names on your list. In fact, Mark and I have a couple similar variations on our top 2 girls names: Ashley and Madison. We have plenty of time and might change our minds but I didn't want you to be shocked if we chose one of them. It doesn't bother me at all having a Madision and Addision or Ashley and Ashlynn in the family and hopefully it doesn't bother you either. Congrats to your upcoming addition to the Ware household. I'm sure Annsley will love being a big sister.
How about Emmalie?
Neat! I like the poll thing on your blog. I voted for Addison, because I thought it sounded good when you say, "And these are my daughters, Annslee and Addison." Since I liked how you created the name Annslee, my first thought, however, was whether you could make a name out of the grandfather's middle names. Good luck deciding!
Awesome!
I really like Maleah and Addison... it was hard to choose one, but I went with Addison - for the same reason Andrea did - I think Annslee and Addison sound nice together!
Hey i voted but i always tell my friends they should name their daughter Eden! lol (i like Juliet too - and voted for Maleah) I like your blog! it's too cute!
I vote for Maile (pronounced My-Lee). It's a hawaiian flower and I have a wonderful, dear friend with this name. Just a variation on your M names. I think it goes well with Annslee. :) Oh well, it's a suggestion. Thanks for including us all~
A CHI(China)friend who is waiting...:)
What about Linlee...remember when you were wishing/wondering about a twin referral w/Annslee? I voted for Ashlyn, but you know me with kid's names all beginning with the same letter!!
love, Graycen's mommy
This is why I voted for Malia . . . Lindsay, Courtney & Makenna; overused right now, Ashlyn; sounds like a southern bell, Addison; the only one I know is an adultress on a nighttime soap. Since Annslee sounds very Asian I think you should go with an Asian sounding name to match. Malia sounds Asian and I think you should consider another families suggestion of Maile. Annslee and Maile sound very cute together!
Post a Comment