Malia has many orgin sources and meanings. Depending on where you look it is Hebrew, Native American or Hawaiian. Most sources say it means "peaceful and calm" ...hmmmm...we can only hope. In Hawaii it has been described as the sunrise or sunset..the most beautiful times of the day. One baby name book said it means "wished for child" ..I think I will go with that one! According to the Social Security website for the year 2005 Malia ranked 424 in popularity.
Annslee is named after both her grandmothers (Ann and Lee) but the traditional spelling of Ansley is an Old English name and means "meadow" or some say it means "grace & shelter from the storm" for Ann & Lee. Believe me, she was a wished for child too..regardless of what the name means. As far as popularity goes, according to the Social Security website for the year 2005 Annslee was not in the top 1,000.
I forgot to post this on our Family Day. As usual she ate all our fortune cookies because she loves them. Her fortune said "The world will soon be ready to receive your talents" I hope the world is really ready for that!!! Mine said "Remember three months from this date. Good things are in store for you." Wonder if that could be a referral from Vietnam?? Either that, or hubby better step it up for Valentine's Day : )






7 comments:
Wow! That's a very specific fortune you had. I can't wait to see what happens in 3 months!
Your children have beautiful names. Did you get the pictures of Lucy?? I emailed you.
I think I fall more and more in lov with your little one every new pic you post! Thanks for sharing the names and the meanings-they are both perfect names.
hmm...maybe a referal on valentine's day? wouldn't that be awesome?
You just think she can't verbalize
very much...but, it's obvious she
can read. She is very intensely
reading the message in her fortune
cookie! What a difference a year
makes! She is really cute, and we
can't wait to see her! Love you all.
Just look at the concentration on that little face! Too cute!
That is one determined little girl to get into her fortune cookie! Too Cute! I love both names for the girls....perfect for both! Is this a good time to tell you the second child is usually more of a handful than the first? :)
I am with Kelly--a Valentine's Day referral would be awesome!
Linda
YA know the more I look at this site the more awesome I see it is. I am going to put you to work when you visit :-)
Post a Comment