Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Festivities

She had a great time coloring eggs for Easter. I thought she was going to break a few taking them in and out but luckily she didn't. We even got to use all the colors and not just purple! I was just glad we found a use for the coffee cups that came with our dinnerware..they are WAY too small for coffee.






She stayed occupied while Daddy grilled our dinner. She took her work very seriously. The first photo in this collage cracks me up!



The Easter Bunny came!! She came out of the bedroom and got her first glance of all her goodies. She kept telling us that the "big" bunny was not coming but the "little" one was..the one she petted at Honeysuckle Farms ; ) He seemed a little safer I guess.


Annslee's basket was a Backyardigans jackpot! She already had a Pablo so Uniqua and Tyrone (her favorite) were brought. We made a basket for Malia too but Annslee has already claimed the pig as hers. We are thinking Malia will be born in the Year of the Pig but she may be a dog. If she is, her big sister will be very jealous as she already says she is sharing being a dog with daddy. (for the record she was born in the Year of the Monkey)




We then got dressed and headed to church. She would not pose for a photo in her dress so this is the best I could do. We got there a little early so daddy read her a book called "Being Bossy" hmmm...



The cousins came over for lunch and while we waited for it to be ready we did an egg hunt in our very small front yard. As you can see from this photo she does not like dirt being on her eggs. She found this one in the flower pot and was not putting it in her basket until I got the dirt off!

It is so much fun when all the kids are together ...and so loud too ; )

She likes to find eggs but then she "re-hides" them. I found her over by the neighbor's swing and she had dumped her eggs out on the ground beside her


We had a great holiday and we are so blessed to have our sweet girl in our lives. Next year we will have two little blessings.

Oh, and my friend Tracy is in Vietnam and met her son today. Go take a look..he is beautiful!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got the cutest 'Year of the Pig' children's book at our shower this weekend.

redmaryjanes said...

Look at all of those Easter Goodies! It looks like the bunny was very good to them. I love all of the beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like the perfect Easter!

Steffie B. said...

I love all the pictures! What a fun day!

Michelle said...

Edward missed Backyardigans today because of school and then a playdate at our home with friends and he let it be known at dinner that he missed the show and he was not happy. I shared that Annslee received a Backyardigan filled basket from the Easter bunny--boy was he jealous. This year was so much fun--loved seeing your Easter pictures!

Jennifer said...

What a colorful Easter you had (and not just purple!). I love the picture of the dirty egg ... priceless expression! Hope your Easter was magical!

Shelly and Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter holiday! And is purple Annslee favorite color? (that's Francesca's favorite color)

Happy Easter!
Shelly

Denna said...

I love the pictures. Looks like you guys had a great Easter.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just put 2 and 2 together and realized you are the same Laura I see commenting on Tracy's site. Yeah, I'm a quick one;) Annslee is so adorable and sounds like such a character. My favorite pic is the one of her pulling that dirt-covered egg out of the planter and looking at it like "yuck!" That's hysterical!
I'm adding you to my blogroll, hope that's cool.

3 Peanuts said...

I love all the Easter goodies! Annslee looks so pretty in her dress!

Kim
(3peanuts)

Heidi said...

Hi, Laura. Sorry I've been out of touch lately. I seem to have lost your phone numbers. I had a few weeks of hopefulness back when our dossier got approved but now I'm back into depression. I'd love to touch base. Email me and let's chat.

Btw, your daughter is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful in her Easter dress! And I'm so happy the "little" bunny brought her so many goodies! :)

 
Site Meter