Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

We have our LID!!

I just got off the phone with our agency and we have a Log In Date of April 16th for our dossier in Vietnam! It doesn't mean anything really....like it did with China... as far as a referral timeline. However, it does mean our dossier has gone through all the steps of approval by the US, our agency and the DIA in Vietnam and they are all stamped approved! Now our dossier has been sent to the officials in Dong Thap Province. This is a province in the Mekong Delta and interestingly enough it is famous for their red headed cranes which are very rare and Annslee's province in China is famous for the yellow crane. Our agency works with two provinces and they feel this is the best option for us at this time considering we are requesting an infant girl. If a child becomes available in HCMC (the other province they work in) then it will be moved. So now we are officially waiting for our referral. Our agency is not giving us any timeline at this point so we have no idea when it will happen. For now, I am just happy to be logged in and officially finished with any paperwork I need to provide.


Because I can't do a post without a picture..here is Malia's big sister taking her dog for a walk.

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being LID! I can't wait to follow your trip to Malia. Annslee, I hope you are a nicer big sister than Amelia has been, if not Malia needs to watch out...haha

Tracy

Rhonda said...

Congrats on getting your LID!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on LID! I'm excited for you guys! :D

saucygoat said...

Congratulations! Totally excited for you. Every step closer is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your LID. I visit your blog often and enjoy watching Annslee, she and Ellen are so much alike.

Barb (Ellen's Grandma)

Dianna said...

Congratulations on the big step!

Stacie said...

yay..we are excited for you.

Kelly said...

Cool about the LID! any type of movement is good when it come to this process, IMO.
Thanks for the pic of Annslee walking her "dog"- I needed a cute pic to smile about today.

Johnny said...

Awww, on the picture.

Of course, she'll love and hug and dote on her younger sister, (cough-cough) right?

Becky said...

Congrats on your LID!!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to follow your journey!

Kat and Colin said...

Congratulations! We hope things go smoothly and quickly.

Best regards,

Kat, Colin, Sophia and Keenan

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that is great news! Doesn't it feel good to have all that paperwork out of your hands and on your way to a referral "officially" ? :-)

Emmie said...

Congrats on your LID!!

Polar Bear said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to follow your journey!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting. Dong Thap is right next door to Vinh Long, where Sera is from! The delta area is very beautiful...I can't wait until it's your turn to experience it!!

kitchu said...

Congratulations, that is such great news... nothing like those stamps of approval. Malia is ADORABLE. Gotta love those shades!

Jo said...

Great news!!! I have a dog here that would like a cute little girl to push her around in a stroller.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Congrats on your LID, that;s fantastic news..hope it goes faster than China is moving at the moment!

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations!!! This is wonderful news!

Sherry said...

Im really excited for you! I hope soon Annslee is pushing her sister (instead of the stuffed dog) in the pictures:)

Cant wait to hear how your timeline plays out & you can call Kobi "beautiful" whenever you want... LOL! Thanks for the compliment:)

Patty said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations on completing your paperwork. I am looking forward seeing your newest daughter Amelia, as well as the continued updates of Annslee.
Take care,
Patty

Kelly said...

That is great that you got a LID!! Congratulations. As always, Annslee is too funny and adorable! I can't wait for you to get a referral.

Sheryl said...

Congrats! It seems that a VN LID is a MUCH bigger accomplishment than China. Can't wait to see you post your referral for Malia.
Blessings,
Graycen's mama

Briana's Mom said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you!

Karianne said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Adoption is wonderful!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Wohoo! A LID! Congrats! And I love the line: And because I can't post without a picture...

Love the sunglasses!

A said...

Congratulations!!! What a huge milestone.

redmaryjanes said...

I did a special post for you!

Rydley said...

Woo hoo! One step closer! It's about time!

That pic is adorable too.

Colleen said...

Congrats!! What wonderful news. And that picture is sooooo cute!!

Mamatini said...

Heee! Congratulations on the LID!

(And okay, I get it already about the posting w/o a picture!! :D )

Dannye said...

congrats!! and I so love the picture of Annslee "walking" the dog!!

Much Ado said...

Oh, congratulations, so, so pleased for you, what a BIG landmark!!! :)

3 Peanuts said...

Oh, I am so happy for you. Congratulations. I hope it goes quickly. Is there any estimation of time? I don't know how Vietnam works. Hopefully, it is quixker than CHina. Kate has been home only 3 weeks and I want to do this again:)
Kim

Shelly and Family said...

Congrats on the LID! I hope the wait isn't as long as the current wait is with our adoption (rumors have it that it can take up to 36 months...yikes!)

Jennifer said...

Congrats on getting another step closer to Malia! I'm so excited for you! Here's hoping we both hold our Malia's very, very soon!!!

Steffie B. said...

Hip hip hooray!!!!!

Jennifer G. said...

Yay! How exciting for you -- and all of us!

 
Site Meter