Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

And the award goes too

ME... Yeah, I was given two bloggy awards last week and I am finally getting around to acknowledging them.



The first one was the blogging with a purpose one. This was given to me by Michelle at Life With Us. Her blog is amazing ~ filled with words of love and gorgeous pictures of her beautiful daughters. She wrote "This amazing woman's love for her daughter leaps of the page and into my life every day and I am so thankful. Lala takes more pictures than I do, and that's no easy feat. Her pictures capture her daughters beautiful spirit. Her blog has the most joyful energy and I am thankful to be a part of that each day. I look forward to being there to see you become a mother again to Malia." What sweet words since my only real purpose with this blog is to show off my beautiful girl : ) It started out as a way to keep our family and friends updated on our family but it has become much more than that. I think one of the greatest things it has done is allowed me to make some great new friends. I have had waiting families tell me that seeing "the dream come true through Annslee" helps them with the wait ~ that makes it worthwhile.


I had to really think about who to give this award to because I love so many of the ones I read. I decided to "go outside the box" and give it to some of the adult adoptees I read. I think they provide a lot of insight into what Annslee may go through later and how they deal with it. They have very interesting articles and perspectives and I always find something useful.


Here are the ones I read :



This award was started by Eric Novak and you can go here to check it out!


The other award I received was from Steffie whose blog a lot of us really love!! She shares her life with her tribe and what fun having a teen and two toddlers can be. She LOVES her family and it shows!



Xandra from Heart of Service created this award to honor those Blogs that are "must reads".
In her own words: "So here's to all the blogs that you've discovered that you can't possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog."
I am going to have to just direct you to my blogroll for this one. If you are on there and your blog is in bold on my bloglines, I am coming to check it out. I do love reading my travelmates' blogs in particular and a few others are certain favs (you know who you are) I also enjoy any blogs my fellow Lovebugs (my DTC group for Annslee) have. If you are not on there leave a comment with your blog so I can check you out!!
One that isn't on my blogroll because I can't get it loaded is Colleen so I will give her a shout out here : ) I do love reading about Linlee. We were in the same DTC group waaaay back and have become closer while discussing the speech issues our girls have.
One last thing, she told me NOT to say anything but I have to give Connie a huge thank you for my blog redesign. I love it!!!!

14 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Congratulations on both awards! You do an amazing job at the blog...as I truly enjoy reading it daily!

Great Job!

insanemommy said...

You are so deserving! I love your new designs. Connie did an excellent job!!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say something a day or so ago...I love the new header on your site! Congrats on the awards, I know I check in daily to see what Miss A is upto:)

Tracy

KrisJ said...

YEAH! You are so deserving! I have to say that though I dont know you I feel like I know you and Anslee through the beautiful pics and descriptions you use. Yours is always the first I click on in the morning because I know there will be a new post to read. While we are both waiting for Malia's I enjoy seeing my future outcome and how totally worth it is to go through all this stress! I also appreciate your sweet coments you leave on my blog! Keep up the good work!!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura: We need to talk soon... been too long. Thanks for posting the blog links about adult adoptees. I had not seen those before and I am interested in it for obvious reasons. Hugs and kisses to Annslee.

Debbie

mommy24treasures said...

you know I love coming and getting my Annslee fix.;) Her smiles is one of the ones that has captured my heart and made you a regular read for me. :) I loved making your blog design, I had had it in my head a while, just needed time to figure it all out. I didn't have a kit that had everything together and had to pull from several kits . It is one of my favs so far too:) So bright and cheerful if I do say so myself...;)
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Laura, you know I read your blog daily. Annslee's spirit is captivating and you do such a wonderful job of showing that with pictures and stories. You are very deserving of these awards! (And hey, thanks for mentioning my name; I'm honored!)

Colleen

Sherry said...

Speech... Speech... LOL! You deserve every award that comes your way b/c just the fact that you can be sick to the point of strep & still post... now thats just nuts! BUT I LOVE YA FOR IT! LOL! Can't wait to check back & see what you write about next! :)

Nikki said...

Congratulations!
You know I am a HUGE fan of you and your blog. (and I can't get enough of Annslee!)

Dannye said...

congrats on both awards, well deserved!! and loving the new look!!

Michelle said...

I don't know how you do it but you find the best blogs:) I checked out the ones you listed at the beginning--great to read! Thanks for sharing:)

Steffie B. said...

Oh....thank you for your sweet comment about me and my Things! lol

Can't go very long w/o coming here that's for sure! ;)

Becky said...

Congrats! I know this Lovebug loves checking in with you and Miss Annslee!

Mia said...

Congratulations on receiving the awards Laura! Thank you for giving one to me as well. I truly appreciate you reading my blog. I am hoping to get back to blog reading myself very soon.

Have a lovely evening!

 
Site Meter