One of the things I love is how caring she is for and about everthing. Recently we've had these two rabbits in the yard and she named them "Cottontail" and "Sister Cottontail" Well, they are more like mommy and daddy as we found the babies. She looks for them each evening and they let her get really close. The other day we saw a tree that had snapped in the winds we had lately. She kept rubbing the tree and saying "oh, poor little tree" She was so sad about it. Oh, and poor Daddy had to go chasing a neighbor's dog two nights in a row b/c Annslee was so upset about him not finding his way home. I know I have many other examples but these are a few I wanted to remember.
She wanted to hold the bearded dragon at the pet store the other day and LOVED it. I loved watching her talk sweetly to it (just wish she'd had on a darker shirt so the little thing would show up better LOL)

Lately when she says "I love you" she has added "soooo, sooo MUCH!!" Her ideal world is the four of us in one room. She will say she misses any of us when we are gone for even the shortest amount of time.
This is how they were in the car the other day but a lot of the time I look back and they are holding hands or Annslee is making faces or singing to make him laugh. I love the way they adore each other. One day last week she announced "When I get bigger I marry Coby" I told her you can't marry your brother and she calmly informed me "You already marry Daddy and Coby is the only other boy in our house!!"

Twice this week she has mentioned her "China Mommies" Last night as we were cuddling she said "Mommy, I miss both my China mommies..the one I was in belly and the one babysit me (her foster mom)" I don't know exactly what has sparked the sudden talk but I welcome it because I think it is so important to talk about. She asked me if I knew their names and I told her that I did know her foster mom's name but not her first mom(tummy mommy) I asked her if she wanted to "name" her and at first she said "how about Kai Lan" but then laughed and said "No, I like the name Annslee" So I guess her first mom's name is Annslee for now. Wow, hope we are ready for all of this!
Here is a favorite pic from our trip to China in Nov. '05 as she is sitting on the steps of the SWI. This is her finding place where at one time she was left alone and likely afraid and someday we will have to attempt to explain the reasons why.

Sorry, I know this was a rambling post...just needed to get it all down before I forget : )






17 comments:
Great post. I am sure you will handle all these difficult questions just fine!
Very sweet post! Your daughter sounds very intuitive...and you will find just the right answers/explanations since it sounds like you've already given her a good base. Oh and I love the marrying Coby quote…too cute!
Jennifer
That picture at the bottom is just precious! I know what you mean about the hand holding in the car-isn't it the sweetest?
Just ramble girl. We love to listen. - And I love the fact that you have a picture of her with a HUGE smile in her finding spot. :)
I love hearing what a tender sweetheart Annslee is.
I can't imagine Linlee asking about her China mommy yet, but that's because we're working at a different developmental age. Some day it will happen. You blaze the trail for me!
As you know, Kieren has been asking a lot of questions about China. It's so scary to answer! Just be honest and you'll do fine. You're such a great mom!!!
Cullen and Kieren are always snuggling and holding hands or Cull is carrying Kieren around. It's just so amazing to watch! I'm glad Annslee and Coby are the same way. BTW, Cullen is at camp this week. Kieren asks for him constantly. Tonight she was almost in tears. Saturday can't come fast enough!
Oh what a sweet darling little lady she is! Francesca is the same way (while our Annabelle is like a bull dog - yes I said bull dog lol!) Oh I do so love those sweet/caring/and understanding ways about our girls! To me that is what makes them truly special!
Bearded dragons are my very favorite reptile! I think they're so beautiful and did you know they're really smart? I had one once and it was almost like having a little tiny dog! A dog that eats crickets.
The last photo is precious. Your tender hearted girl is such a lttle darling.
Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!
You weren't rambling... you were recording. And processing. Annslee is such a sweet girl. I know that my first few conversations with the Tongginator about her early life were the most difficult for me emotionally. It never gets easier, I guess, but somehow I get slightly better at it each time.
Ahhh... the fears of the future conversations. You will do just fine, I'm certain. Annslee is such a gem -- and just as beautiful in person as she is on the blog. We still plan to be at the fountains Tuesday! Hope you guys can come too.
Aww...she seems to have such a HUGE heart!
Wonderful post about Annslee. Yes, those heavy conversations to come are daunting aren't they? Jia just asked why we got to meet Willa's birth family and not hers. That spurred a big discussion. I have the same views, I hope by being open that she'll feel comfortable talking with us about her feelings. Good luck!
I love all of your post! They are so adorable together! I know what you mean about her being so sensitive. Liana comes home from daycare upset because of things her friends do or say that aren't nice. I still haven't figured out how to help her deal with it so that it helps her.
I agree with you...I wouldn't want our sweet babies to be any other way.
Liana and I have had quite a few talks about her Chinese birth mother and her foster mother. It seems like they come about more when her friends or teacher at daycare is having a baby. And it was strange one day when she said she missed her Chinese family. I still feel that when we give them a firm foundation in where they are from and what happened and how much they were and are loved...it will give them a strong sense of self confidence and equips them to handle how others react. Rambling...sorry!
This post is beautiful, sweet & honest to goodness, brought me to tears! Because I too have a very tenderhearted girl myself, despite the sassy & tough exterior, I am also momma to one sensitive girl.
And for the record, you are handling those tough questions & comments just beautifully!!! Thanks for sharing your experiences with it...it really helps!! You are a great mom!
ohhhh Anslee does have the most beautiful heart, I LOVE hearing the way she expresses her sweet unique compassion.
She still has the same precious smile since the day you met her. I love her heart for her friends and her family. Lottie always says things like, "If Bubba and Sissy were here we would be the most perfect family ever".
Isn't it wonderful?
Great post. Keep rambling because I really do enjoy reading it...:)
Vanessa J.
Post a Comment