Here is a pic of her on that first day home getting her first taste of mashed potatoes : )

In stark contrast last Thanksgiving we are waiting for our notice to travel. We were blessed to go to Tracy's house for dinner but were sad that our son wasn't with us. When we got home we had an email from our agency person in Vietnam with pictures actually taken that day. When I opened the email I remember being almost physically ill and so scared for our son. What I saw was him being fed and looking so sick and sad. I felt so guilty that we had just left a huge meal and so angry that he wasn't home. Later, when we got our approval I noticed it was actually signed a week before Thanksgiving and that made me so upset. I am still trying to work through all the emotions I have about Coby's first 11 months and I find it so hard to even look at pictures from Vietnam sometimes but I know it is all a part of who he is and we LOVE who he is : )
Here is the picture we saw and I assure you this is NOT what he will look like this Thanksgiving as he is loved on and nurtured with much more than food.

I do think this is the nanny who was bathing him when we met him and she had the sweetest smile. I take comfort in the way she is holding his little chin.
We are so blessed and thankful to have our two beautiful children. I hope you all have a lot to be thankful for this year as well!






10 comments:
It's amazing how much she has changed in 4yrs! I can't believe where the time has gone either... Truly Thanksgiving has a very strong meaning to all of us!!
Janice
What TRULY precious pictures. Amazing what a family's love and nurturing can do for a little on....
My 4 month old is the size NOW that my daughter was at 16 months when she came home from China.
Haapy Thanksgiving to your BLESSED family!
Picture of Coby brought tears to my eyes. Amazing what almost a year of love and having a family can do. Cute picture of Annslee!
I can't believe how small our girls once were? Where did these 4 years go?
And oh my, that little Coby... he is SO different looking - BIG change in a year!!! Love is a powerful thing!
I feel your breaking heart as you look at that picture of your baby boy! Praise God he is home NOW!!
Thanksgiving certainly is a special time for your family! I can't wait to see your 2 healthy & happy babies this year!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sara
Wow, what a difference love makes, looking at Coby now, you would not know that was the same little boy!
I can't believe that 4 years has gone by since we got our beautiful little girls, Annslee was so little and look at her now, she is such a big girl:).
I am so happy that you will all be together for Thanksgiving this year! You have so much to be thankful for. I can't believe how big he's gotten in a year!!
They have both changed SO much! I got teary seeing Coby in that picture. They overcome so much. I am shocked that Aiden doesn't have any scars with all of the bites and marks he had all over his body. What a great Thanksgiving this will be!
That picture of Coby breaks my heart too. So happy this Thanksgiving will be a thousand times better for your little guy.
You have so much to be thankful for this year. Enjoy!
Post a Comment