Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Surgery Day

We were up bright and early this morning and heading to the surgery center. We got there at 6:30 am but of course she didn't go into surgery until almost 8:00~ oh well. We made good use of our time in the waiting room playing Old Maid and taking pictures : )

Here she is holding her lovey cat and the silk blanket her daddy had as a baby that she has cuddled with for the last 4 years (believe me, it shows too)

DSCN0470

I am glad I brought the camera as it entertained her ~ here is a picture she took of me with her cat and blanket

DSCN0476

Of course she needed to take one of just the cat

DSCN0472

We were finally called back and once the movie started she relaxed while I talked to the nurse

DSCN0482

The ENT doctor came in and he told her they were having a balloon blowing contest and he was going to win! She said "no way~ girls rule!" I just had to note that for my sensory girl this gown was horrible (so scratchy) and the bracelet kept scratching her too. She complained about it the whole time *well, until the drugs kicked in*

DSCN0486

She did NOT enjoy the taste of the val*ium cocktail they gave her

DSCN0480

It did do its job though and she was very relaxed! I wish I had it all on video as she was so funny.
DSCN0489

She was still with it enough to be very upset when they wheeled her down the hall away from me. She kept crying "come with me Mommy" ~broke my heart! She was in surgery about an hour then they let me go back. When I got back there she was already hysterically screaming. They had me sit in a recliner and they put her in my lap. She was pulling at her IV and her head bandage, hitting and biting me as I tried to stop her and screaming "OFF NOW!!!" over and over. It was awful!

She calmed down a little when we got in the car and I put a movie on. I went to the pharmacy to get her medicine and this is what I saw in the back seat...that little tear on her cheek : (

DSCN0491

By the time I got her to her bed, put on a movie, got her some food and drink and kissed her a few times she was acting and looking much better : )

DSCN0493

Yep, my sweet girl is back!

DSCN0496

She had a preauricular pit and now that has been taken care of and we go get the stitches out next week. He also cleaned out her ear wax while she was under and suggested putting warm vinegar in her ears. Just thought I'd share in case your child has that Asian wax that is impossible to get out!

Oh, her number one concern right now (other than her ear itching so she wants the bandage off) is that she can't put her earring on right now b/c the bandage covers her entire ear. Thank you all so much for your prayers as they were definitely felt!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad her surgery went well!

Hugs,
AZ MOM
AKA Hubei families moderator
AKA Marla :)

Colleen said...

Oh, poor baby! And what a brave mommy. I tend to fall apart at anything medical. Glad she is home and comfortable now.

Jill said...

Bless her little heart! That tear really got to me......so sad!
Glad to hear she is home and ecovering well!

Thanks for the vinager tip. Lucy has the wax pretty bad. Did they mention why tht works or how much?

Mamatini said...

I must have missed the lead up to all of this, but I am glad to hear it went well and she is doing better. That picture of her with the tear on her face made me so sad.

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Oh Laura... a big hug to you and Annslee. I am so glad to see her smiling in the last picture! I hope recovery is quick and painless!

Patricia said...

OMG...I had no idea this was going on!! I'm getting all caught up right now...soooooo glad the surgery went well!! She is such a trooper!!

Kiara was VERY concerned about Annslee when she saw these photos & kept asking me, "Momma, is she home now? Is she sleeping in the hospital so they can make sure she's ok? Is she back to "noimal"?

So...please tell your Hubei Honey that my Hubei Honey is worried about her & hope she feels better soon!!!
HUGS!!

Courtney said...

Hope she continues to heal. I love that she was upset that she couldn't put her earrings in!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I am so glad she is home and in her own bed. My Elisabeth had an allergic reaction after coming out of anesthesia once...it was very scary so I feel for you my friend. Praying for a quick recovery and lots of snuggle time;)

Anonymous said...

Glad she's recovering and in good spirits. Bless her little heart! The warm vinegar thing...good to know. Does it break it up? Lily has that same type ear wax.

Kelli said...

Poor girl. She was so brave (and so was mommy)! Glad she is feeling better! Thanks for the vinegar tip- I need to try that!

Lindy said...

It isn't very often that we see Annslee without a smile on her face. Hope she continues to do well.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, my poor sweetie! I know how that feels - sensory issues make surgery and even doctor visits NOT. FUN. Glad her smiles are back and the healing has begun.

Lisa said...

Oh, what a brave girl & Mama too!

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery!!

my3 kids said...

So happy that the surgery went well and is over with now. Sweet pictures of your sweet girl. Tell her she will be wearing her earrings in no time:)

GGAdventures said...

The poor thing! Glad she's home and doing well. Carli had a bad reaction her last time coming out of anesthesia. It's so scary and you feel so helpless.
Glad to see the smile on her face in the last pic.
Happy healing!!

Nicki said...

I had no idea she had a preauricular pit! Did they want to operate to prevent future infection? So glad she came through just fine - sounds like it was rough on Mama!!! She'll be wearing her earring again in no time!

Anonymous said...

I am glad she got through it all ok! I had to laugh about her being more upset about the earring than anything else. It sounds like my EB - fashion before anything else.

Rydley said...

What a tough time at the hospital! Glad she is at home and doing well!

Sam said...

So glad everything is okay! Poor sweetie! And poor you! It breaks your heart when they are scared or hurt!!!

Mary C. :) said...

Why did she have surgery??

 
Site Meter