Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 13, 2006

Waiting

For anyone who has gone through an international adoption you know how much waiting in involved. Throughout the process you are constantly in a state of waiting..or so it seems. You first wait for answers on different agencies and programs so that you can make an informed decision about the route you need to take. Then you wait for various government agencies, doctors, employers, etc.. to sign off on everything so that your paperwork can be completed. After all that is done you wait for a social worker to let you know your home study is complete and you are approved to be a mommy and daddy. Finally you have everything together and you wait to be fingerprinted then wait on your I-171H (notice of favorable determination) from the Dept. of Homeland Security. With all of this in hand you get it county, then state certified and ship it off to the Consulate to have them sign and attach seals. Of course at this point the real waiting begins as your paperwork is translated and then sent to the country you are adopting from. Now you get to wait by the phone for that all important call informing you that you have a child.
Currently we are waiting for our I-171H. I remember vividly waiting for it the last time. I literally stalked the mailbox and finally assumed something had to be wrong because it was taking so long and thought I may never get it and therefore never get my daughter. It finally came on January 6, 2005. Five days later our daughter was found on the steps of the orphanage and her wait was just beginning.



The SWI (orphanage) in Qichun , Hubei

Annslee on her "finding spot" when we were visiting (11/16/05). I still get emotional when I see this photo and it is amazing to think that she had only known us for two days at this time.

4 comments:

Jo said...

What cute picture of your little one. I have figured out that adopting does turn you into a telephone and mailbox STALKER!!!!!

Mamatini said...

Oh, the waiting is hard, but I hope your little Annslee is helping to keep your mind off it a bit this time around!

Rachel said...

What a cute picture of your daughter! She is beautiful! I hope your I-171H comes in record time! Good luck and take care!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

I love the picture of Annslee on the steps! That's great!

 
Site Meter