We had a pretty rough start to the holiday. I woke up to her breathing rather hard on the monitor so I went up to check. Her face was covered in blood and her sheets were too. She had a pretty nasty nosebleed out of both nostrils and so she got cleaned up then came to bed with us. Needless to say, I didn't sleep after that as I lay there watching her. This was at 5 am and she awoke around 8 and all seemed fine. That was until I tried to remove the tshirt she had slept in because it was covered in dried blood. I need to tell you it was purple..so she was having none of it. She kept crying "purple, purple" over and over until her nose started bleeding again. We then decided a trip to the pediatrician was in order (I know..first time parents) and so the shirt had to come off. Of course the only solution was another purple shirt. We tried to tell her she had to wear green but she obviously thought she'd rather just be pinched all day!
I did get her a green hat so I guess she is somewhat in the spirit of the day
5 comments:
What did the pediatrician say about the nose bleed? Our air here is very dry right now due the cold, maybe that is a factor.
That sounds so scary!! Jia used to get lots of nosebleeds until we put a humidifier in her room. I hope you have a simple solution like that.
I was wondering what the nosebleeds were from also. Hopefully it's an easy fix like Jane suggested! I would have been freaking out also, glad the bleeding stopped!
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Your daughter is darling. I hope she feels better very soon. She looks perfect in purple. ;-)
Nosebleeds can be scary--don't even say that about being first time parents--you want her to be o.k.!!! Purple is a perfect color--I know I've seen some leprechauns in purple:)
Post a Comment