Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I feel old!

I can't believe my baby sister is celebrating the Big 3-0 today! If she is 30 then that makes me.... well, a lot older than that. I remember when my mom announced she was pregnant with her and I was so embarrassed. I was in the 5th grade and all my friend's parents were finished having babies. Of course I thought my mom was way to old to still be having babies...she was 34 at the time. Then I turn around and bring my first baby home at 39. I am sure if my mom were still with us she would point that out to me as she scooped up her grand daughter. Just as the moment Dana was born I "claimed" her as my own and was so happy my ancient mom was still having babies : )


Annslee is showing Aunt Dana how a pirate says "AARRG"

17 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Love that aarrgghh! Happy 3-0 to your baby sis.

Briana's Mom said...

Your daughter is so cute!

My younger sis turned 30 two years ago and it was so hard for me to accept! To me, my sister will always remain the teenager that drove me crazy when we were going up!

Shelly and Family said...

Happy 30th BDay to baby sis! Boy, I remember 30 all too well (sometimes when asked I tell people that's my age...I'm only 5 years off).
Love the aarrggh!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Happy 30th to your sis, my little sis turns 30 this year in August...I can't believe it..crikey makes me feel old!

Steffie B. said...

Love the second picture...that is hilarious!

S. said...

I love it! Lukas also does the aarrggghh! He loves pirates. Happy b-day to your sister!

Sherri said...

That girl is getting cutter all the time. We need to all get together when Susan and Lily Ana get home.

Anonymous said...

Your kid always cracks me up!!

Susan said...

Hey! Where did the bangs come from? I love them on her. She's just too stinkin' cute!!

Much Ado said...

Can totally relate to the feeling old scenario! Love that second picture, what expression!! How cute.

Mamatini said...

I don't know why, but I totally teared up when you wrote that you scooped her up and 'claimed' her as your own! Love sister relationships. Happy birthday to yours.

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Laura... too funny! I, too, was in 5th grade when my mom announced that she was pregnant with my baby brother. I remember wanting to shout: What are you thinking!?! We already have enough kids in this house! (I'm the oldest of 6). Later that night when I was in bed, I remember feeling embarrassed and thinking: Yikes! How am I going to tell my friends at school that my mom is pregnant? They will all 'know' that my mom had S-E-X with my dad!

As luck would have it (or maybe it wasn't luck; we were Catholic and I attended a parochial grade school – ha!), I was not the only one in my class to have a new baby that year. At first, my new found friend and I would hang out in corner of the playground bemoaning the fact that our parents were idiots and we were completely mortified... blah blah blah. The babies were born just days apart and our teacher invited us to bring our new siblings into class and show them off. I remember standing in front of class and feeling very proud to introduce my new baby brother! To this day, he still refers to me as his Other Mother.

Now, here is the old part: My baby brother just had his first baby two weeks ago... I'm still having a hard time accepting that!!!!!

Kelly said...

what a great AARGH!!! as allways, your kiddo makes my day perfect.

Anonymous said...

I can almost hear that little pirate of yours! She is too cute!

Michelle said...

Love the hair!! And the AAAAARGH-we love pirates around here!!

kitchu said...

Happy 30th to your sis! I want to be 30 again dang it (39 currently).

Your daughter is SO darn cute!

Tammy said...

I remember 5th grade! And I remember being embarrassed FOR you! HA!

 
Site Meter