Donna over at Double Happiness had a photo challenge to dig out your child's gotcha/metcha clothes and see if they still fit. I got them out and was wondering if they would still fit her 18 months later but she was up to the challenge. The size tag in them says 10 and now at least I know that means 3T..they fit her perfectly now! She must have been lost in them a year and a half ago.
Here is all she was wearing. I know the pink outfit was brand new because I later found the tags that had been taken off them in the gift bag the orphange director gave us with the formula, cereal and photo album in it. The little yellow and green Micky Mouse outfit (with the famous split pants) looked worn but I am not sure about that. I love the pink Spider Man shoes : )

Here is our first family photo taken minutes after she was handed to us. As you can see, she was not too thrilled to meet us.
* China 11/14/05

Here she is in November 2006 in her Gotcha clothes. They actually fit better a year later. You can go to our posts from our One Year Family Day anniversary to see more photos from China and last November.
*Home 11/14/06

And here she is tonight! We started out in her room and she kind of participated. Of course she took as many photos of me as I took of her. She is really getting good at centering people in the view finder..but no one wants to see what I look like tonight so I will spare you those shots.
We had to go downstairs and of course she ran to our bedroom. She loves to play on our bed!

It was a little surreal seeing her in these clothes again. It brought back so many memories, so thank you Donna for the great Photo Challenge.
Here is all she was wearing. I know the pink outfit was brand new because I later found the tags that had been taken off them in the gift bag the orphange director gave us with the formula, cereal and photo album in it. The little yellow and green Micky Mouse outfit (with the famous split pants) looked worn but I am not sure about that. I love the pink Spider Man shoes : )

Here is our first family photo taken minutes after she was handed to us. As you can see, she was not too thrilled to meet us.
* China 11/14/05

Here she is in November 2006 in her Gotcha clothes. They actually fit better a year later. You can go to our posts from our One Year Family Day anniversary to see more photos from China and last November.
*Home 11/14/06

And here she is tonight! We started out in her room and she kind of participated. Of course she took as many photos of me as I took of her. She is really getting good at centering people in the view finder..but no one wants to see what I look like tonight so I will spare you those shots.
We had to go downstairs and of course she ran to our bedroom. She loves to play on our bed!
It was a little surreal seeing her in these clothes again. It brought back so many memories, so thank you Donna for the great Photo Challenge.






13 comments:
So amazing...I have not done the put the Gotcha clothes on again. Maybe tomorrow, I'll join in the fun.
I cant believe the clothes fit! Must be wonderful to have a girl! Kobi's "Gotcha Day" clothes are from "5ish" months ago & there is no way I can get his head through the sweater. LOL! Great idea to post on the blog:)
What an awesome challenge! I can't believe that her clothes finally fit, after 18 months of being home. That's too funny! I'll have to take out Francesca's & see if hers fit now as well (she too had clothes on that day that were way too big).
BTW, your first family photo from your Gotcha Day looks a lot like ours! Francesca was not a happy camper that day...
Amazing transformation from a scared baby to a beautiful, confident, silly, energetic girl! It is clear she knows how well loved she is from the big smile on her face. Oh, and I love the color of her walls, it is really pretty.
Just wanted to stop in and say hi before I go on my blog break. It must have been very surreal to have those clothes out again, and see her in them! (And the fact that they fit so perfectly). The photos are great. I don't know why, or I can't name it, but it made me a little sad to see her gotcha clothes pictured on the bed... maybe just knowing the transition is difficult, I'm not sure.
She looks happy as ever though bouncing around in them now!
Pink spidey's how cute.
Isn't it amazing to see the photos from that day again.
What a neat idea. And what a precious first family picture photo. Don't those early crying pictures just tug your heart right out of your chest!
I have loved seeing all the pictures of all these little cuties wearing their Gotcha clothes! What a great idea!
Cute, cute, cute! I love all the pictures! I think she looks a little like my Sophia in some of them.
Christine
Our blog:
Sophia's Website
Wow! She looks happy in them! We did not do this challenge since Gotcha was only a month ago and the one time Kate saw the clothes, she got a very scared look in her eyes. So for now, they are hidden up high in a closet.
Kim
What a great idea for then vs now photos. It's amazing the difference a year makes. And thanks for the stories on your daughters' names. Beautiful meaning.
How cool. The Gotcha Day picure brought tears to my eyes. What wonderful memories :o) Brenda...Emily's aunt
It's funny how not only do the clothes fit better a year later they even look better. Her personality is so sweet!!
Post a Comment