On the street I saw a small girl cold and shivering in a thin dress, with little hope of a decent meal. I became angry and said to God: "Why did you permit this? Why don't you do something about this?For a while God said nothing, then he replied: "I certainly did something....I made you."
I don't remember where I saw the quotation above but I have always loved it. I see children all over the world who need loving families and I so want to help all of them. It has taken me a while to realize that everyone is not meant to adopt a child. I remember when people would talk about infertility and wanting a baby my thinking was always, "then adopt" but I have been told numerous times that adoption may not be the way everyone wants to grow their family. Then there are those who are busy raising all the children they plan to have, are older and their children are out of the house, or those who don't plan to have children.
However, there are children all over the world who need love, care and a family. With that in mind and knowing that everyone is not running out to put a dossier together, I present an opportunity to help. Below I have posted sponsorship programs for orphans that we are involved in.
Bring Hope is a sponsorship program through CHI, who we used for our China adoption. We sponsor a little boy from Guizhou and it is easy and wonderful. We are able with a minimal amount of money and time to give him medical care, supplies for school , etc.. Actually, they have programs for various countries and not just China.
Grace & Hope has started programs in Guangxi and Hubei. Recently they added Qichun, which is Annslee's orphanage, to their Hubei list. I thought it was so wonderful that we could actually sponsor a child from Annslee's birth town. Their main focus is getting all children into foster care and helping their special needs children get the care they need.
Our agency for Vietnam works with Catalyst Foundation and they also have a sponsorship program for children there. They provide medical assistance and educational opportunities for homeless children in Vietnam.
Amy Eldridge, of Love Without Boundaries, posted this prayer to the China Trip group and I saw it on another blog where the author suggest hugging your children a wee bit tighter tonight... and let your heart lead you.
We pray for the children
who sneak popsicles before supper,
who erase holes in math workbooks,
who can never find their shoes.
And we pray for those
who stare at photographers from behind barbed wire,
who can't bound down the street in a new pair of sneakers,
who never "counted potatoes,"
who are born in places where we wouldn't be caught dead,
who never go to the circus,
who live in an X-rated world.
We pray for the children
who bring us sticky kisses and fistfuls of dandelions,
who hug us in a hurry and forget their lunch money.
And we pray for those
who never get dessert,
who have no safe blanket to drag behind them,
who watch their parents watch them die,
who can't find bread to steal,
who don't have rooms to clean up,
whose pictures aren't on anybody's dresser,
whose monsters are real.
We Pray for the Children
who spend their allowance before Tuesday,
who throw tantrums in the grocery store and pick at their food,
who like ghost stories,
who shove dirty clothes under the bed,
who never rinse out the tub,
who get visits from the tooth fairy,
who don't like to be kissed in front of the carpool,
who squirm in church and scream in the phone,
whose tears we sometimes laugh at and
whose smiles can make us cry.
And we pray for those
Whose nightmares come in the daytime,
Who will eat anything
Who have never seen a dentist,
Who aren't spoiled by anybody,
Who go to bed hungry and cry themselves to sleep,
Who live and move, but have no being.
We pray for the children
Who want to be carried, and for those who must,
Who we never give up on and for those who don't get a second chance.
We pray for those children that we smother with kisses,
and for those who will grab the hand of anybody kind enough to offer it.
adapted from a prayer by Ina Hughes
I don't remember where I saw the quotation above but I have always loved it. I see children all over the world who need loving families and I so want to help all of them. It has taken me a while to realize that everyone is not meant to adopt a child. I remember when people would talk about infertility and wanting a baby my thinking was always, "then adopt" but I have been told numerous times that adoption may not be the way everyone wants to grow their family. Then there are those who are busy raising all the children they plan to have, are older and their children are out of the house, or those who don't plan to have children.
However, there are children all over the world who need love, care and a family. With that in mind and knowing that everyone is not running out to put a dossier together, I present an opportunity to help. Below I have posted sponsorship programs for orphans that we are involved in.
Bring Hope is a sponsorship program through CHI, who we used for our China adoption. We sponsor a little boy from Guizhou and it is easy and wonderful. We are able with a minimal amount of money and time to give him medical care, supplies for school , etc.. Actually, they have programs for various countries and not just China.
Grace & Hope has started programs in Guangxi and Hubei. Recently they added Qichun, which is Annslee's orphanage, to their Hubei list. I thought it was so wonderful that we could actually sponsor a child from Annslee's birth town. Their main focus is getting all children into foster care and helping their special needs children get the care they need.
Our agency for Vietnam works with Catalyst Foundation and they also have a sponsorship program for children there. They provide medical assistance and educational opportunities for homeless children in Vietnam.
Amy Eldridge, of Love Without Boundaries, posted this prayer to the China Trip group and I saw it on another blog where the author suggest hugging your children a wee bit tighter tonight... and let your heart lead you.
We pray for the children
who sneak popsicles before supper,
who erase holes in math workbooks,
who can never find their shoes.
And we pray for those
who stare at photographers from behind barbed wire,
who can't bound down the street in a new pair of sneakers,
who never "counted potatoes,"
who are born in places where we wouldn't be caught dead,
who never go to the circus,
who live in an X-rated world.
We pray for the children
who bring us sticky kisses and fistfuls of dandelions,
who hug us in a hurry and forget their lunch money.
And we pray for those
who never get dessert,
who have no safe blanket to drag behind them,
who watch their parents watch them die,
who can't find bread to steal,
who don't have rooms to clean up,
whose pictures aren't on anybody's dresser,
whose monsters are real.
We Pray for the Children
who spend their allowance before Tuesday,
who throw tantrums in the grocery store and pick at their food,
who like ghost stories,
who shove dirty clothes under the bed,
who never rinse out the tub,
who get visits from the tooth fairy,
who don't like to be kissed in front of the carpool,
who squirm in church and scream in the phone,
whose tears we sometimes laugh at and
whose smiles can make us cry.
And we pray for those
Whose nightmares come in the daytime,
Who will eat anything
Who have never seen a dentist,
Who aren't spoiled by anybody,
Who go to bed hungry and cry themselves to sleep,
Who live and move, but have no being.
We pray for the children
Who want to be carried, and for those who must,
Who we never give up on and for those who don't get a second chance.
We pray for those children that we smother with kisses,
and for those who will grab the hand of anybody kind enough to offer it.
adapted from a prayer by Ina Hughes
Here is the cutie from Guizhou we sponsor. Quankai will be five in August and he loves to dance, sing and draw..sounds like a little girl I know : )






10 comments:
what a great post.
I sponsor 3 chldren from the countries my children were born in.
You are too awesome--just gave me a cry. Thanks for posting all the links--we are aware of all these programs but you are saving steps-love that you found one for Qichun too. Thanks again!
HI! I have been looking at your blog for awhile now but never left a comment. I have a little sister who is adopted (domestic) so I am usually browsing adoption blogs and thats how I came across yours! Your little girl is so precious! Stop by my blog anytime!
It is so heartbreaking. Even though I have two very active 2 yr. olds I find myself wanting to adopt more because it just breaks my heart they have no one to hold them and show them what love feels like! I pray for those who never get adopted that they know God and that He has been their Father all along.
Great post...don't really know what to say! Love, Love that quote! I find myself asking God that question often!
What a cutie you sponser!
Thank you for sharing. I think we could all do so much more. There are so many children all over the world who need a loving family and home. Thank you for a great post.
Also, thanks for posting on my site. I will be posting pictures of the "twinkies" this weekend. They will be celebrating their second birthday plus it's Father's Day!!
Isn't it neat how our children bring their countries into our hearts as our own? How lucky we all are to have such a small world and the ability to do something about the quality of it.
Excellent post.....tears falling all over in my morning coffee! Thank you for a beautiful morning read! ;)
OH MY..This is just so amazing of you. I can't even find the words to write - you are truly wonderful. We love you xxxxxxxxxx
Awesome post. I don't feel the need to birth my children, I feel the need to adopt my children. Everyone starts families in their own way, and each way is beautiful. Thank you for reminding us that all God's children need to be loved and taken care of...
-Anne, PAP
http://mntovn.blogspot.com
Post a Comment