The girls ran for the steps because they like to pose there. It took a minute to get them settled down enough to take a few shots because they were so ready to get to the pool. Looks like they are sharing a good laugh about something!

Jenny snapped this sweet photo and then later sent me the one beneath it taken last Father's Day. I hadn't really planned on a Then/Now post again so soon (although I do LOVE them) but I couldn't resist this time. It is amazing to see how much they have changed in one short year. Annslee is still a chubby toddler but has lost most of that double chin from last year...I kind of miss that chunky monkey baby! They are in reverse order..we will try to line them up better next time ; )
We then headed to the pool so our fish could swim. I was so proud of Annslee as she was jumping off the side to me without holding onto my hands! She did that some last summer but hadn't so far this year. She loves water in her face so going under isn't an issue. They both had a blast washing the sidewalk chalk off the deck with their watering cans : )


Once we got back home we stripped them down and headed to the deck for watermelon. They were terribly messy but had a great time. As you can see, Jenny also found another similar photo from last June of a messy eating experience on her back deck. Believe me, the watermelon was nothing compared to the cupcakes!! So, another Then/Now was in order and yes, we have them in reverse order again. Sorry...we will do better I promise ; )


*In case you noticed..the tatoos on Annslee's arms are from VBS this week ; )
Also, thanks to everyone for their kind words on my last post. I know she will talk and I guess we are just a little anxious for it to happen b/c sometimes I see this glint in her eye and I want to know what she is thinking. She is such a funny child so I just know she could tell me something that would make me laugh even more than I already do!








23 comments:
Oh my gosh...These girls look like they know each other so well:) I cant believe they were dressed alike. So Cute! I love the "After/ Before" pics...keep them coming:)
The girls are so adorable! That is so funny they were dressed in the same outfit!
It is amazing how much they have changed in just one short year ~ well, short unless you are waiting to go to China! ;o)
Super cute little girls, and they both look so happy too!
What gorgeous, gorgeous girls! They are both precious--I can't wait to have another little one here! Some of my favorite memories of M are when she was Annslee's age.
I can't believe that we missed an opportunity to meet Anslee, but we're all so busy that we almost can only keep up with Mia by reading the blog (regardless of the fact that we live next door to each other!). Tip: Use rubbing alcohol or clear tape and the tattoo will come right off.
I work in Children's Publishing at LifeWay and we call them "face paint decals!!" :) I've got one on my ankle right now that needs to come off!
I love the then/now pictures. Her and Mia are just so precious together. You can tell those little ones are going to be lifelong buds.
Oh my gosh, those then/now pictures make me gasp! HUGE HUGE difference. Your babies went from babies to big girls in just a year. How can you stand it?! It is hard enough for me to look at Addy pics from Vietnam and that was just 7 months ago! haha Beautiful pics, as always!
It's so wonderful to see these 2 little cuties blossoming into such great friends! There is so much joy in the pictures of the 2 of them together!
And I really can't get over how Annslee & my daughter have the SAME BUILD!!! (Another Hubei honey & we talked about this awhile back) :)
Great photos!
Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a sweetie/rascal from Hubei!
Cute pictures -How amazing they had the same items on...
Looks like they had fun.
Special memories in the making. I love it! Oh, and you're so right. I know I've just met Annslee once, but that is one funny little kid! During our lunch I often wondered what she was thinking! LOL.
So Sweet! I love the "Then and Now" photos. How funny with the matching outfits! You both have good taste.
Love the pics! Looks like they had a fine, large time together the whole day long!!!
Oh my gosh, that amount of cuteness is dangerous...
I just love then/now pictures! It's hard to believe how quickly they change. Cute, cute, cute!
Cute pictures. I love when we accidentally dress our kids alike for playgroup. A lot of times we all put them in the same color. One day, 3 of the girls showed up in the same shirt. Definite photo opp.
Both girls are so sooo adorable ... pure sunshine!
They do change so much in a year! It is so wonderful she has such a close friend at such a young age. I just love Annslee's little face!!!
The girls are so precious, nothing better than growing up with a best friend, looks like they will be buds forever:)
I meant to write ....looks like a very good time was had by all!!
Kim
Totally adorable....love the first one and the watermelon shot.....I just want to squeeze both their little cheeks and tushies! ;)
Both of the girls are so cute! I love all the pictures. Josie has the same pair of blue shorts (in the first pictures), but she has the white shirt... I might need to get a blue one and then we can come down for a visit!
these two are too cute for words!
Post a Comment