Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Graduate

Tonight we went to Annslee's graduation from Rainbow Early Intervention. As you all know (from listening to me gripe about it) she didn't qualify for our state's early intervention but she did receive services from our local agency. Tonight they held a ceremony for all the kids who will soon move into the school system as they turn three. Miss Donna will still be coming to our house for a few more months and we will really miss her when that is over.

Here is the proud graduate! She was able to choose her cap and gown color...no surprise that she chose purple : )



As she marched across the bridge to receive her diploma she became very serious.....


YAY...I did it !!! She proceeded to carry it around cheering for herself.... you go Annslee!!!


She spotted Miss Donna and had to jump in her lap. She was busy holding her daughter Ainsley but was happy to have another little one on her lap.

We had fun hanging out with other familes and watching the kids. She is going to be tested in the next few weeks by the school system and if I have to camp out at the school board I will but she WILL be getting the help she needs soon. I don't know why they test receptive and expressive together but luckily the school system doesn't so I know she will qualify for speech therapy. Ok, Mama rant over...I will go look at my happy girl now : )

37 comments:

KelleyO said...

She looks like such a big girl! I love your blogs new look!

Anonymous said...

She looks so proud!
Sweet she love Miss Donna so much.

Patty said...

She is so cute! I love the purple gown (nice choice Annslee!).

Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

she is so sweet in her graduation outfit! i love the header!

mommy24treasures said...

She chose just the right shade of purple to go with her blog ;)
How sweet. She seems so grown up sometmes!

Steffie B. said...

OMW....the cap and gown is toooooo cute! Look at Miss Thing shine!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh my she's darling! Yep, purple is her color!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Praying she gets what she needs for speech. I know it is very frustrating! She is precious and purple is Lottie's favorite color too!

Robin said...

She looks so proud in her cap and gown!

We just (FINALLY!) completed (almost) all of Maya's evaluation for services, so I can commiserate with your frustration at how long it can take to get your child the help you KNOW they need. We're stuck paying for some of it out of pocket while we wait for the official report, but we were able to start her in speech therapy (for both her lag in Hebrew and difficulty with utilizing expressive language) a few weeks ago and it's made a huge difference.

Annslee will do great with such a proactive mama in her corner.

Anonymous said...

Happy graduation. Love the graduation pictures and the look of the new blog. Hugs and kisses, Debbie, Roy and Lily

Mother of 2 Angels said...

Looooooooove what you have done to your page. And congrats Annslee YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pug Mama said...

so sweet. Way to go Annslee!!!

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

So precious! I love it!!!

Adele said...

She is just so cute! I love the color purple on her. You can tell how proud she is of herself in the pics and she has every right to be. Congrats.

Stacie said...

yay...way to go Annslee. Big hugs from Lauren.

Patricia said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! WHat a very big girl Annslee has become! And I have tears in my eyes! (Teacher here, ALWAYS a sucker for graduations!)

Way to go, Annslee!
Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a rascal from Hubei

Mommy Spice said...

What a cute little graduate.

You go momma! Do what you need to do to get the services you feel your child needs.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

She is too cute!

Michelle said...

She looks all grwon-up--yeah Annslee!! We are so proud!!

t~ said...

Hip hip horray! Besides being over the moon adorable, she looks very proud of herself!

Elizabeth said...

I love the little blue grad outfit. Definetely a Kodak moment.

asiangard said...

She looks so happy!!! YAY!!!
RE:my blog, oh yes, Chinese people are the bluntest of the blunt! lol

Holly said...

Aww I just love the cap and gown! Too sweet! And it even matches your blog colors.....LOL!

crazylady said...

the tassle cracked me up.

Shelly and Family said...

CONGRATS to ANNSLEE!!! She looks so adorable in her purple cap and outfit...can you imagine that this is only the beginning of many garduations to come...yikes!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Annslee!! You look so great in your purple cap and gown!! :)

Lauren's Nana said...

Such a cute graduate! Purple is her color... Good job Annslee:)

Sherry said...

So what was her graduation gift mama? Every graduate needs a gift:) LOL!

Tracy said...

Oh, how cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable graduate!!
Good luck with the school system intervention. She is such a LUCKY girl!!! Miss you all!

redmaryjanes said...

She is just a doll! Look at how proud and happy she is-you too!

AnnonMomma said...

I read your blog often and just wanted to say congrats on the cute graduation ceremony. I love the new look and miss your frequent posts:)

Steffie B. said...

have a great weekend!

info@thebabymarketplace.com said...

What a cutie!

Dannye said...

she looks darling, and has my fav color on !!

P.S. I sent you an email if you are wanting to bib swap...I'll wait to hear from you before I assign people to their partners!!

S. said...

Love the grad. pics, she is so cute! We loved our Ms. Kathy to pieces, I was sad when L. turned 3. You might check out Wrightslaw.org if you have any issues getting her the therapy.

Deb said...

How cute! I did not even know that they held graduations for such wee ones! Annslee sure did look proud!

 
Site Meter