Her birthday is obviously a day we celebrate and she has such a good time. On Sunday morning she awoke around 4 am and I went into her room. She reached for me and I picked her up and whispered Happy Birthday in her ear. She hugged me tight and grinned. I didn't need a camera to remember that moment : ) I am also reminded on this day that there is another family on the other side of the world who are not able to whisper sweet words in her ear and feel her arms around them. I admit I don't think of her birth parents often and I sometimes feel bad about that. I honestly just go through my day as her Mama and in a way "forget" that there were thirteen months of life before us that we know very little about. Obviously I know this fact and it is a very important one but right now it isn't something I think of often. Before anyone comments about this, please understand I am not trying to ignore this fact and am acutely aware of what a huge part of my daughter this is. I am so grateful for the person she is becoming and know we are not the reason for all of it. As Annslee gets older I will let her take the lead and I am sure it will be something we talk of often but for now we just talk about China, airplanes and how much we love her : )
Just because I love then/now pictures...
Third birthday ~ 10/21/07

Second Birthday ~ 10/21/06
Celebrating her being One ~ 1/15/06

Of course you can go to the archives last October to see more of those pictures and her "origninal" website for the first party. Since we missed her first birthday we did it when she was 15 months old : )






18 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GIRL!!!!
We are so proud of all that you can do and what a precious little girl you are!
We LOVE you so much!!!!
Wow, Annslee you are such a big girl. we are very proud of you and
are so happy we got to be a part of your journey to your mama and dada.
Wow, she looks so much different between the first and second party pics.
She is def. growing up. I don't think of Glenys' first family except when we talk about it. I think it lingers in my mind but feelings wise she feels as if she has always been there.
Beverly
Look how she has grown.....so precious....what a gift! ;)
Wow, what an awesome birthday! My favorite picture of those that you posted are the blue mouth ones. Too cute! Looks like a great time was had by all. Happy Birthday Annslee.
ogmnoWay to go ,big girl!!!
Don't be so hard on yourself. Your job is to love that baby. You did a very selfless thing. Adoption is a gift that goes both ways. I gave a baby up for adoption when I was 17. She was a product of rape. I loved her so much but my family knew how hard it would be for both of us to be together. My own children helped me find her as an adult. You know what? She was looking for me. Not because she was dissatisfied with her parents. She loves them very much. She was curious--her parents did not know why I had given her to them. We have become very good friends and she still loves her parents very much. She always knew she was adopted--a daughter of choice. Now she knows she is loved by her biological family, too. I don't know why I'm telling you all this, but I hope it helps you realize that all the worry in the world won't make things different. Annslee loves her family as it is now. Being open about her existence is important but knowing that she is a daughter of choice is even more so.... Just love her and be there for her and be honest when she asks questions...My sincerest good wishes are with you and Annslee.
What a difference from year to year! Happy birthday little one!!!!
I feel the same way about the whole birthparent issue, so if you get blasted know you aren't alone. I honestly talk about her being from China, not birthparents at this point (I think she is too young and I'm not ready to go down that road:)
What a big girl she is by not wearing pullups at night! Funny how I looked at all your birthday pictures and remembered them like it was yesterday, I hope we get to celebrate lots and lots of Annslee's birthdays with her (And Malias too when she gets here of course:)
Tracy
I can honestly say Laura I don't really think of Lottie's birthfamily either. I think the only reason I do for Emma is that I know their names and that she lived with them for 18 months...it probably shouldn't be different but in my mind it is. I too, will let them take the lead. Lottie has no idea she is even from China and I don't plan to discuss it until she asks me about it. To me, they are just our daughters even from the very beginning. A funny story: The other day (9 yr. old) Mei Mei was at our house for a visit and she was talking about all the places she has lived. Then, I asked her, "Mei Mei, were you born in Tennessee?" She looked at me and said, "Duh..Miss Kim, I was born in China!" See I just forget!
Cute photo review!!! Annslee is definitely a bright and spunky girl!
And I think it is natural to go through times of thinking/not thinking about birthparents. If you let Annslee know you are there to answer questions or just to listen, she will "set the pace". It is an important part of her story, but her age + stage will help dictate her interest and your responses. And I know you will do just fine!
So. precious!
Happy Birthday to a beautiful gal !
wow, what a change between her first and third b-day celebration...but what a beautiful little girl she is
What big changes between those three pictures! And what a beautiful birthday girl.
(Wish you could come over and potty train my little one!)
Happy Belated Birthday! I can see what you have done to her. She is so fair on her 1st birthday with you. LOL!
Happy birthday to Annslee! What a big girl!
tears...
She is such a total darling from head to toe...
Post a Comment