Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Seriously, is it fall yet??

It was a beautiful day so we headed to the Botanical Gardens to stroll around. They had a scarecrow exhibit going on (most of the heads were pumpkins) and they were pretty neat looking. The biggest problem getting into the fall spirit....it was 91 degrees!!

They had an art project that the kids could do. We read online that it was a fish painting....hmmmm, didn't realize they meant that literally : P



I thought the fish was stinky and gross but Annslee didn't mind a bit. She painted it and then daddy pressed it on a piece of paper to make her artwork complete.


I wanted to dress her in some cute fall outfit for the day but it was just too hot. Hey, Winnie is always a good pick I guess. After painting we walked around and she needed a snack break with daddy : )


The scarecrows were great and different organizations had made them for display. This one was called "hen pecked" LOL I was thrilled that Annslee stood close to it for a photo. Last year she loved all the scary stuff but this year she hasn't so I wasn't sure how she would react but she seemed to like the scarecrows.


There was a lot of walking and she really enjoyed all the ponds and the bamboo.


One path we were on had a sprinkler set up to water the plants. Miss Thing thought it was set up just for her to play in!



Here is her artwork!



Oh, and Happy Birthday JiaLi!!! Head on over and leave our sweet travelmate a note : )

28 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

You know my boys both painted a fish in pre-school. I thought it was GROSS! But they loved it. Who would have thought? I cannot wait for real Fall weather too. So many cute clothes to put on the girls!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey, we almost went to the scarecrows today! But I wanted to wait until it cooled down a bit..I didn't know about the fish painting, we only do the Tuesday for Tots and they have never had us paint on anything remotely that nasty. Love the pics.


Tracy

Rydley said...

I had to laugh at your post on our blog because it was actually mid-80's today but we wore fall clothes nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that fish art is just gross. LOL! However, I love how Annslee is concentrating so carefully on her painting and it did turn out pretty cute!

Wonderful pictures on your hot, autumn day!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

looks like a fun full day .... that scarecrow was quite spooky but she didn't look bothered .... love the sprinkler picture ...

Emma said...

That fish art is bizarre! Who would have thought..! And the scarecrow is kinda freaky looking. Looks like a fun day anyhow!

Nikki said...

What a fun (HOT) day!
The fish is crackin' me up - I would've thought it was gross, too, but Annslee is a real trooper!
XO
P.S. It's hot here too again. ugh. fall will get here eventually!

Robin said...

Your little artist is adorable, but painting on a dead fish? Ewwww!

I hope the fish at least died of natural causes after a long and happpy life, and then willingly donated his body to art ;-).

The Byrd's Nest said...

One of those scarecrows was a little scary....kind of like that Dora you guys visited! She is precious no matter what she wears!

Sherry said...

This week Fish Art... whats next week gonna be?? LOL! Better keep an eye on the fish tank if you got one. Annslee might want to have a collection of "Fish Art". LOL!

Sue said...

Wow...I've never seen the fish painting before. Very...ummm..interesting! Looks like it was a beautiful day for the gardens. Yup. I am getting tired of putting the same shorts + shirts on my girls - I am ready for some long-sleeves and cute tights!!!

Lauren's Nana said...

She is so cute, no matter what she wears or does. The fish painting is different for sure:)

Colleen said...

mm....the fish is a little icky, but she's so darn cute - it doesn't matter!

I love the pic of her with the bride scarecrow.

Anonymous said...

Fish painting, huh? OK, I guess if the kids like it... ??? It did make for a cute little piece of artwork though!

By the way, yesterday it was in the 90's up here! Twenty degrees above normal...Yikes.

asiangard said...

Wait a sec...after she painted the fish did you wash it off and eat it?......

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Cool Art Work! Who thinks of these kind of things - Painting a Fish?!?!?

It's hot here too! I'm with ya, it's hard to get into the spirit when it's so stinking hot!

Steffie B. said...

Well if that just isn't the prettiest fish I've ever seen! ;)

jennifer said...

The fish is hysterical! I am ready for some cooler weather as well. I tried to wear fall clothes the other day, and came home after about an hour to change, I thought I might die!

Michelle said...

That fish painting is cracking me up--don't know if I could do it. Love the fall festivities!!

Patricia said...

Annslee is such the adorable artist in those photos! Such concentration! Love it!

Being an art teacher, I am totally familiar with the fish painting! I think it's origin is in Japan...very cool!

mommy24treasures said...

it does look fun, and she is adorable in her winnie shirt.

Karianne said...

91 degrees? Oh my.

If Ivy would have seen any of those scarecrows, she'd be heading for the hills! She's such a scaredy cat like her daddy.

Ivy has that same Pooh Bear shirt!

Beckyb said...

I totally hear you - I wanted Chloe in a cute fall outfit for Pumpkinland too, but it was SO stinkin' hot that I settled for summer attire!! Annslee is a doll, as usual!!

Lisa L said...

Ewww! That fish art is disgusting! Annslee's artwork turned out beautiful though.
Last Monday it was in the mid 80's and when we were outside Allie said it was 'chilly' LOL Time to pack away the summer stuff;)

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I love all the pictures! Looks like a really fun day. That fish thing...wow...I've never seen anything quite like it!

Steffie B. said...

Wish you lived closer too! Have a super week!
Smooches! ;)

Mommy Spice said...

Hey...the fish painting is awesome! I may have to suggest that for the letter "F" next week. We are in the SAME boat with the heat. We plan to take our girls to a pumpkin patch for pictures. Last year we were all wearing sweaters. This year, short sleeve shirts and shorts. Oh I hope Fall gets here soon.

RamblingMother said...

Fish painting yuck. Ainslee is just a cutie. Balloons floating are so much more important than a ball game.

Beverly

 
Site Meter