Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Girls Day Out

We went to the mall yesterday to return a few things and had a great time together. One of the first things we did was head down to an area where they have a carousel and a place to pet stingrays. Yeah, you read that correctly... As luck would have it they were feeding them some squid when we arrived. Annslee was THRILLED to watch them eat and I reminded her that we love to eat squid too : )

Here she is reaching in and waiting for one to swim up to her. I never caught a good picture of her petting one (it happens pretty fast) but trust me, she loved it.



The carousel is great because you pay one time ($4) and get an armband so you can ride as many times as you want that day.


We rode it many times and of course the baby was strapped in too

After we made our returns we headed to lunch. She enjoyed herself as always! I think the people sitting behind us had a pretty memorable lunch too ; )

My goal was to get home in time for her nap but she fell asleep in the stroller so I just walked the mall for an hour and a half while she slept. She woke up in a great mood and since we were still at the mall...we headed to the carousel for a few more rides : )

23 comments:

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Stingrays AND a carousel! Wow, that's a mall!

Some of her facial expressions really crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Awe, what a fun mommy/daughter outing! I wish our mall had a carousel. Looks like Annslee was thoroughly enjoying herself!

missy said...

You must live where we do, because we have frequented that Stingray city and carousel many times! It is great fun! You have a beutiful daughter!
Missy

Michelle said...

We want to visit those Stingrays:) I don't know why but she is reminding me of JiaLi in the top left picture of the collage. Sounds like Mommy got a good workout too:)

Stacie said...

Is that at Opry Mills ? I love that mall and miss being able to go there. :) Looks like you all had a great time.

C's Mom said...

Now THAT looks like fun! I love the stingray.

Marla said...

Wow, I want to hang out with you girls, y'all always have so much fun! Cute pics!!

Holly said...

Sounds like a great day! Wish our mall had stingrays you could pet. She is so adoable!

redmaryjanes said...

WOW! Stingrays just look so scary to me. How cool that she got to touch one. The carousel looks fun too.

Patricia said...

Wow! How cool is that - stingrays & a carousel! I love that "baby" had to go for a ride as well!

Oh & thanks for the reminder! Kiara's "stats" are now posted! ;)
They really do have a similar build! We are sooo blessed!

Linette said...

What a fun day! The carousel pictures are great. :)

Sheryl said...

Gotta love a day at the mall! I'm sure you didn't find anything to purchase while Miss A was sleeping? Hugs, Graycen's mama

Sherry said...

Asleep in the stroller sounds like good shopping time for mama! Its what daddy would want:) LOL! I so wish I lived closer! Annslee has gotten to pet sting rays, bungee jump & ride camels! Now thats very impressive:)

mommy24treasures said...

sounds like one of those days you are just so happy to have your girl with you :):) Totally enjoyable.
The people behind us always have memorable lunches too. ;)

christina said...

Sounds like a blast! My baby girl loves the carousel too. Was curious, will Annslee finish all the pasta in the bowl pictured? Seems baby girl's eating habits are changing and I'm trying to gauge how much to give her. Thanks.

Susan said...

Looks like a fun day for you two! That's the perfect mommy-daughter day, if you ask me. Gotta love the carousel rides!

JEff said...

I guess I need to prepare myself for Reed wanting to pet the stingrays! I think that is the STINKIEST thing when we go to that mall!

Steffie B. said...

Too bad we don't live closer....are girls would be great pals. ;)

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

we got to pet the stingrays when we went to seaworld. they are very soft and friendly. how neat that they are in your mall! the armband deal is great. at the mall we go to, it's a 1 dollar token every time. Annslee is so beautiful and seems so friendly, i'm sure she amkes friends everywhere she goes. bless her heart.

Nikki said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me!
I was MUCH more timid the time I touched a stingray...that girl of yours has no fear.
And the carasol is, of course, one of our very favorites too.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

What a fun day!
Who knew you could pet sting rays...cool!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Love your site! Thanks for coming by and visiting mine and commenting :0)

Valorie

Robin said...

Maya would go bananas for that carousel. To be able to ride over and over would be her dream come true.

Congratulations on being home two years, and on the terrific progress A's making in speech therapy!

 
Site Meter