***Update** I just received an email from a friend in Michigan and also saw on another site that they are overwhelmed by the adoption community right now. We are powerful when we all band together : ) However, at this time the State OfficeBethany (her agency) and Sandi's Mother wants the calls to stop for now. They received over 1000 calls just after 9:00am this morning. Recently within the last couple hours Sec. of State Ms. Rice has been issued the case.
I know many of you are aware of this already but just in case. There is a family in China currently adopting a 17 month old little girl. Sandy and Dennis Sheldon officially adopted Hannah and then Dennis went into a diabetic coma and later died at a hospital in Guangzhou. Now the US is not issuing a Visa for Hannah saying Sandy needs to get re fingerprinted and issued a new I 171 because the circumstances have changed. They are also telling her that she still may not be approved. Hannah's adoption has been finalized so she has no where to go except home with her Mama. Sandi is desperate to get home and raise her daughter and unfortunately bury her husband. Obviously your prayers are needed for this family and they are begging for help with the US officials.
You can go to this website and read more of what happened today at the US Embassy..this is a family traveling with them. You can go to their post from Nov. 13 to see a picture os sweet Hannah.
To help you can call or write their elected officials in Michigan.
Sandi's congressman is Mike Rogers.
His Washington office number is 202 225 4872.
His Michigan office number is 517 702 8000,
he also has a toll free number 1-877-33 3-MIKE.
http://www.mikerogers.house.gov/Contact.aspx
Sandi's US Senator is Debbie Stabenow.
Her Washington DC number is 202 224 4822 and her Michigan office number is 517 203 1760.
http://stabenow.senate.gov/email.cfm
Hopefully by petitioning these people for help this will be resolved quickly. We should continue to pray that her adoption is finalized quickly and that Sandi can return home to Michigan with Hannah.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
That is so sad beyond words! I hope everything works out and she can bring her daughter home!
I am going to cut and paste this, please don't hate me
I had originally read about this on another blog-I'm so sad for her and am glad that you have posted ways to help. I am also going to copy and paste! Hopefully that will help.
Post a Comment