Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Date Night, Big Girl and a Princess

So what have we been up to this weekend? Well, on Friday night hubby had his company Christmas party. I am embarrassed to say we have been out without Annslee maybe 4 times in the last two years. We asked GiGi if she would come stay with Annslee at the hotel while we went to the party and believe me, it was great for all of us! They had great girl time watching movies, eating out, looking at her Dis*ney autograph books and playing with the babies. Daddy and I had a great time eating our own meals, having some adult beverages and conversation and generally getting back in touch with each other. Yeah, date nights are good : )




Here she is telling Daddy goodbye...such sweetness


Today we hit a milestone....we did not hear a buzz on our beeper during the church service. Yep, that's right, she stayed in children's church the entire time! She hasn't been in daycare in almost a year and we usually just take her into service with us so we knew this was huge for her. We did point to the sanctuary on the way in and let her know we were still in the same building and I think that helped.



Tonight she was watching Cinder*ella and had on her dress of course and we got to the part where they waltz so as usual Daddy needed to be Prince Charming. I love how she holds up her dress ~ in the last pic the clock is chiming so she has to go!



She ran for the stairs and lost a shoe!! I got her these silver glitter shoes that she thinks look like glass : )


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have you beat, we have only been out 2x and the first one we came home early:) Glad you had a good time at your party, love your pictures...see you tomorrow

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Okay,your hubby's shirt cracks me up!

Rob and I have a date night every time the grandparents visit. It's so nice!

The pictures of your little Cinderella are too precious!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Yea, Date Night... we've only actually been out 3 times without Josie - it's nice to enjoy a meal without sharing with little fingers... but I'm always in a hurry to get back to those little finger too... funny.

Love the Daddy & Daughter dancing pictures!

Susan said...

Her re-enactments are great! That's a perfect picture of "Cinder*ella" losing her glass slipper. Glad you had a great date night, and it looks like Anns had a great time, too.

Steffie B. said...

Love it....she is darling....hooray for date night AND staying in her class!

Love the tye shirt Daddy is sporting! ;)

Shelly and Family said...

Don't you just love date nights! Keith & I try to go at least once every four months are so...and it is so wonderfully nice!

I love the photos of Annslee and her Daddy acting out the Cinderella movie! That is totally pricelss!

I have been trying to get Francesca on video sinigng xmas songs, but of course she only breaks out into song when I am driving (you would be amazed on how well she knows all the words to so many songs).

Stacie said...

We have only been out 2 times without Lauren since 2005 :) I love the dancing pictures with mark. so sweet.

Juliette said...

What a cute Cinderella she makes. Love the dance!

Michelle said...

Sounds like an enchating weekend! I just love Annslee's hair ... she is so sweet!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my goodness...she and Lottie are so much alike with all of this princess stuff! Lottie holds her dress up and asks her Daddy to dance with her and walks around the house leaving a glass slipper behind commanding others to put it back on her foot!

Love all the princess pictures and of course the Daddy & Annslee hugging one!!!

Sherry said...

4 date nights in 2 years... yikes! I agree. Its hard to say bye bye to kiddo but if you dont then its like bye bye sanity. LOL! Glad to see you had "grown-up" dinner & an uninterrupted church stay:)

Patricia said...

We've been out twice w/o Kiara since '05...we REALLY need to find a babysitter! lol!

Glad you had fun! Love the photo of Cinder*ella losing her slipper!! Classic!

Christy said...

So cute!! Glad you guys got to go out by yourselves. Dates are always a good thing!!

Christy :)

Michelle said...

Yay for your date!! Gotta have those--that is awesome that Annslee stayed in the room! We are working on JiaLi. Love the photo of Cinderella losing her shoe:)

Rachel said...

I think we've been averaging about two date nights a year...for 6 years! UGH. How old do they need to be before we can leave them home alone??? LOL

I absolutely LOVE the picture of her hugging her daddy. That is so sweet.

The Murphy Family said...

Awww... she is such a cute little princess. And a bit of a drama queen. Wonder if she gets that from mommy! ;o)

Nikki said...

Yay for date nights! They ARE indeed a necessity.

And BIG congrats to Annslee for staying in kids' church...I know Jay and I were doing some major praising when Lily finally did that (not so long ago).

Your princess is just beautiful!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

That collage has got to be my favorite of all your pictures. IT is so precious of Anslee and her daddy.

Okay, and I have to agree..DH's shirt is too funny!

~Lynn

crazylady said...

date night.... marriage saver....
we will do three this month alone. Ha no pun intended.

Exactly how many dress up dresses does the hugger have, exactly?!

Deb said...

OMG...you have all been so busy....I have not been blogging for a week or so and have come back to oodles of posts! Sounds and looks like Disney was so much fun for all of you! It is truly a magical place!

mommy24treasures said...

oh perfect pics. I never leave mine either, so I know how you are. Caitlyn has NEVER gone to bed without one of us tucking her in or Chloe either... Jacob has gone to bed 2x by Ryan instead of us.
Not that I am keeping count of all of this or anything ;)
I just try to do any going at nap time I always have.

 
Site Meter