Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 06, 2007

What a difference a year makes!!

Most of us do it so I don't feel guilty at all. However, hubby said that this year he would NOT be a part of it....throwing a screaming child into Santa's lap...well, he didn't need to worry because she jumps in his lap every chance she gets this year. : )

We did this pic at Dis*ney on our last day and she was exhausted but I still think it is sweet



Here is last year's picture. We had to snap it fast because she was fighting so hard that Santa requested we get her off his lap. She was so upset that we felt compelled to go next door to Build a Be*ar and spend $75 for a dog on skates that she has barely looked at since (sigh)

*this is the same Santa who is hugging her in this post from this year*

In 2005 I was a really bad Mama and tossed my daughter in his lap after only being home with us for a few weeks but at least she is attached to us ~she is reaching for us right? Or maybe for just anyone who will save her from this scary man! I can only imagine what she must have been thinking! Likely it was, "man, I drew the short straw in the matching room didn't I?"


I love that she is happy in the pics now but I do still adore the crying ones. Hey, she is ahead of me... I cried until I was four!

16 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

It is sad...but we all love the crying ones! She is precious!

RamblingMother said...

Very cute. Glenys' pics will be reversed with the youngest one very happy and the two screaming last year and possibly this year.

Beverly

Marla said...

OMG, poor baby, but those are still so precious. She probably laughs at them now and will treasure them when she's our age.

We gave up on Santa pics, poor guy would probably be overwhelmed with my 4 crazy kids on his lap! ;)

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

I cried til i was 6 i think.... lol so good for her!!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Eli was terrified of Santa the his first 2 years too. Just this year, he hopped up on Santa's lap and chatted away with him.

Anonymous said...

Awe how cute! I just love the progression. You are right, what a difference a year makes!

Holly said...

Yes, I would say she looks a lot happier this year on Santa's lap....lol! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Awe, poor little Annslee in those first two pictures! LOL! I love the serene smile she has been sporting lately. So beautiful.

Michelle said...

She is reminding me of JiaLi in last year's picture. Why is it that we love those crying ones---I have many of Danny--I eased off with the others(actually don't have as much time as with Danny but we do want to visit Santa...)

mommy24treasures said...

ohhh my goodness, I am so used to seeing Annslee happy!!!!

Bless her heart... I am so glad she liked Santa this year, Caitlyn is having meltdowns and wrapping herself around us if we are even in close proximity so we will be skipping...I am so glad she loved all the characters at Disney. I think its a man thing.

KK and WS said...

Yup, i like the last picture!!

Steffie B. said...

OMW....I love them all! Thank you for sharing them with us. Look at her now......what a big girl! ;)

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh look at those outstretched hands from the pic 2 years ago! So sad, yet SO CUTE! I think it's some sort of rite of passage that parents get to scare the heck out of their kids...and then laugh about it. ;)

Sherry said...

Awww... she's really grown since those last 2 pictures. Im glad you shared your "happy girl" Santa picture this year b/c Kobi (although he didnt cry) was squirming so much that we had to do a rap. LOL! Maybe I'll try again but I will have to look for a different Santa. Theres no way I can go back to that mall again! LOL! LOL!

Nikki said...

Yep, I'm laughing too. It is funny to look back and to see how far they have come. Thay pic of her first time with Santa is hilarious...you are just down right mean! haha

crazylady said...

I'm so glad we're all sharing the 'tears' this Xmas.

 
Site Meter