Growing up we had a tradition of opening an ornament and PJs on Christmas Eve so we do that with Annslee. It took me a while to figure out what PJs to get her this year since she refuses to wear them and I am certain you can guess what her ornament for 2007 will be. Here is our tree and a few of our ornaments.

Christmas 2002~ This is an ornament from the church where we were married : )

Christmas 2003~ we were merely discussing adoption but we clearly were on our way. This was one of a series of Dave Thomas ornaments Hallmark did but sadly only for a few years

Christmas 2004 we were almost DTC for Annslee. We were still waiting on our 171 but the dossier was finished. We got this ornament and put it on the tree.
Christmas 2005 she was HOME!! I got this ornament for her because it had a one on it. I know it was technically her second Christmas but it was her first one with us.
Here is another in the Dave Thomas series

We also got her this one : )
Christmas 2006 I bought her one that was actually symbolic of what she LOVED that year : )
We also got this one last year as we just received our 171 for Malia and were anxious to have her home
I love this one that Annslee made in daycare last year and it has a prominent place on our tree
This year I had to buy another "waiting for" ornament for Malia. It never occurred to me that she wouldn't be home to open her own ornament this year ~ but she isn't. Annslee did hang it for her sister : )
I of course got the new "Joy to the World" China one from Hallmark
This is one of Annslee's favorite ones that we bought in China

Yeah, my obsession over every ornament being monochromatic and in its proper place is over! Annslee helped decorate the tree this year and continually moves ornaments so each day is a surprise. She also squeals each morning when I turn on the lights. If there is anything better than the wonder in the eyes of a child at Christmas, please let me know...but I probably won't believe you!
Here is a sampling of her decorating style...10 purple (of course) candy canes and the two ornaments she made at the FCC party all on 4 branches!

Ok, I showed you mine...now show me yours






22 comments:
What a beautiful tree! I love all the different ornaments! I agree with you that my tastes in Christmas trees has changed over the years from very simple to quite kid friendly! lol
love all the close ups and stories about the ornaments!
I love seeing your ornaments...you've got some great ones!
Oh, I love seeing other people's ornaments. I did a post like this a couple of weeks ago. I also have the 2003 hallmark ornament. Love it!!
I was the same way about my tree until S.G. came along. Now I just love watching her place each ornament. And yes, I follow behind and "tweak" the arrangement a little. LOL!!
What a beautiful & touching post!!
LOVE that so many ornaments have such wonderful meaning/memories! And your tree is just radiant!
Too funny, I used the same title for tonight's post on my blog too, but only because Linlee was looking at the pretty tree! Love that new Hallmark ornament. I'm going to go see if I can find it for our tree too! (Linlee only wants to take ornaments OFF our tree. LOL!)
Colleen
okay I'll play too...
Love the ornaments:) I love that Panda one from China-Joe didn't get one of those;) fLove each of the stories--I need to get that one from Hallmark:) We finally decorated last night--I'll share pictures over the next few days. New Year's won't be the same this year:(
Thank you so much for your comments on our blog!! Do you have any information for Charlotte??? Is she in Memphis??? I can't get a hold of anyone on the phone. If you could help me, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!! Your family is the cutest thing ever.
Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
Loved seeing your ornaments and hearing all the stories behind them....I keep seeing that new hallmark one, it's lovely. Just read your comment on the Seventh Diamond, thanks. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
Not only do I collect Christmas ornaments, but I love looking at other people's too. You've got some great ones, although I'm sure your most prized ones are the ones Annslee's made.
I really love the Dave Thomas ones and I'm sad they're no longer available. They're just special.
Merry Christmas!
I love you ornaments...and the stories. They are very precious memories. I looked at your tree close up. I LOVE your Santa ribbon and that reindeer family ornament looks vaugely familiar. :)
~Lynn
beautiful, Chloe and Caitlyn redorate every day too, I gave up having it like a storefront as well...
thanks for letting us see! I just love the stork ornaments. A friend gave me one when I was waiting for Caitlyn and I cherished it.
Such beautiful ornaments! And the thing that makes them so beautiful? The memory behind each one!
Sorry that Malia isn't here this year....hopefully you will be posting about her "organizing" these ornaments next year! :)
The hand made ones by the kids will always be special no matter what they look like.
It amazes me what neat Ideas people come up with to make them.
I think your tree speaks family love.
O that was just precious! I love the waiting ones! Where did you find those? I also need my waiting for Malia 2007! Thank you for sharing.
I love all your ornaments and how you put so much thought into them. I'm sure Annslee and Malia will carry on that wonderful family tradition. By the way, Annslee and Sera have the same decorating methods. Lets just say Mama had to reorganize the entire tree after Sera finished her part. :)
What a beautiful tree!! I love all the special ornaments and especially the candy cane arrangement! :)
Love them all! I have all the Hallmark/Dave Thomas and am so sad they are no longer making them. I'll have to do a post for my tree -- after Sophia's b-day post and the cookie making post of course. I'm hoping Malia will be here next Christmas with her family!
Love the tree! We have the exact same panda ornament from China!! :)
Annslee's such a good little tree decorator! Maybe she can come over & finish up my house. You know... no hurry I still got a week... make that 6 days:)
I completely understand about the "perfect" tree. I also felt that way about my house. It's modest but everything always in its place. Not anymore! And along with my burgandy and gold tree decorations, I know have pipecleaner, popsicle stick and clothespin ornaments as well! Those are the best!
Post a Comment