Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First Day of Preschool *updated*

She had her Tink backpack, her lunch box and her "Mimmie" mouse shirt ~ she was all ready to go! Her speech therapist was able to get us a slot in one of the local preschools for a 3 morning a week Pre K 3 program. It is not the language based preschool we are still hoping she will get into but at least it is an opportunity to get some socialization and interaction with her peers. The big difference is at the lang based one the teachers are all trained in dealing with and teaching children who are behind in speech and they also have a speech therapist who works with them in the classroom. We are still hopeful that she will be able to get in but at this point her receptive skills are so high it seems to be causing a problem with that. Her therapist has diagnosed her with apraxia and that may be the reason she will be allowed in ~ fingers crossed.

As you may know she spent a year in daycare but she has been home with Mama for almost a year now so we weren't sure how this would go. Please note it was about 25 degrees outside but Miss Thing refused her coat!



She was a little apprehensive when we walked in and didn't go straight to the gym like we did the day we visited. She also kept asking "Mama bye??" I told her that yes, today I would go bye bye but only for a little while (it is actually for 4 LONG hours....too much for Mama)


Of course her silliness won out and she was soon laughing and cutting up with me


There were no tears as I left. Actually she ran over and gave a giant hug to a girl she remembered from Monday when we came to visit and they sat down to "read" together. I had to ask her to come kiss me goodbye. Her "buddy" is the oldest child in the class and Annslee is the youngest : ) I think the other little girl may be playing "Mama" with her as she came over and told me "Annslee is fine, you can go now" LOL

My phone has not been ringing and I am anxious to see how her first day went : )

*I just picked her up and she did great! Miss Jennifer said she asked where I was once and she told her I would be back in a little while and she could go play and she ran off back to her game. Apparently she and Jordan (the little girl from this morning) buddied up all day. When I walked into the room they were sitting together coloring and Annslee spotted me and ran, jumped in my arms and kissed me saying "mama!" over and over. You know I loved that! Jordan looked at me and said "Annslee likes me, she really likes me" It was super cute.

35 comments:

crazylady said...

It's a conspiracy!! I'm a rebel without a cause. I'll fight to the death.
Will come back to read this post. I have to pic up kiddos, in my organza NOT. :) snarkster you!

Kelly said...

Oh, she looks so cute and big with her back pack. I am sure she is doing so well!!

Juliette said...

What a big girl she is! I am sure everything will be fine.
It seems to be always tougher on us...
I have to beg for a kiss good bye every day now. Sigh!

Unknown said...

I think this is harder on moms, then it is on them. She looks just adorable.

Patricia said...

Ohhhhh...I know how you feel!!! But trust me, after the first few days, "you" will be FINE! ;)

Annslee looks sooooo cute in those photos! That first one just melted my heart & reminded me so much of Kiara's first day!

Too funny about her "older" friend! These kids just crack me up!
Let us know how it all works out!

Stacy said...

Goodness - so cute but SO grown-up looking! Glad she had such a good first day though!

Becky said...

Glad she had a good day! What a cute girls she is with her backpack.

mommy24treasures said...

awww I know the first few times 4 hours can seem like the clock stands still doesn't it?? Then you get used to it but at first I remember when Ryan went, it was morning for SOOO Long! ;)
I am so glad she had a good day, thats the part that makes it so much easier when they aren't struggling with missing you.
She is absolutely adorable in the pics of course

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Preschool! Wahoo!

As I was reading this entry, I was thinking to myself - Oh, I'm sure Annslee will love it. She's such a social butterfly... and then I got to the part that said she did great! Yeah!... now what these preschools need are crying rooms for Mamas!

Stacie said...

I know it's hard but try and enjoy it as much as she is. Lauren goes 2mornings a week and I cannot believe how much money I save at the grocery store because she is not with me. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy first day of school!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ahh...I'm so proud of Annslee! I sure get alot done while the girls go to school two days a week but I always pick them up early because I miss them!

Michelle said...

She is so adorable. I look forward to hearing how her day went ... but somehow I have a feeling it was great!

missy said...

Way to go Annslee! What a big girl to be so brave and do so well during preschool. Way to go mom, too! I am sure it is tougher for moms to be the brave ones. She looks adorable on her first day. Glad she had a good one.

Off to pack! Arrrgh!

Lisa said...

She is so darn cute! I hope that Ana Claire will be a big girl in the fall and go to 4k.

Anonymous said...

Well, you know I'm jealous as all get out. I'm in preschool hell, while Annslee is just going to breeze you through the whole thing! Of course, I'm also very happy for you both. It's wonderful that Annslee is happy and comfortable in her new class. (Maybe she could send some of those vibes over to Linlee. We need all the help we can get!)

Colleen

Chandra said...

She looks so cute with her backpack on. Preschool already, she is growing up so fast! I can only imagine how hard it was to leave her for 4 hours today. Good job holding it together!

Rydley said...

Glad she did so well! And that she has a great big buddy! How wonderful!

Steffie B. said...

How precious......way to go Annslee! Don't worry Momma....you'll be ok! ;)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad her first day went well! She looks so sweet with her little back pack. What a big girl. :)

Michelle said...

Yay Annslee:) What a big girl! That is so awesome--you totally handled it the right way telling her what was going to happen--I find that when I need to leave JiaLi if I am up front about it, she handles it better. I know what you mean about 4 LONG hours--I am looking into schools for JiaLi next year--I was hoping for a 2 day but 3 day is popular:( I know selfish Mommy.
Hope Annslee can get into the speech focused place--it makes such a difference but even this environment will. O.k. I could go on and on...

Marla said...

Awwwww, what a big girl! Glad she did so well and that you both survived. Her friend sounds cute too!

Sue said...

Great news her first day was so wonderful!!! Hope to read she is really making progress and lots of friends in her new school!!!

saucygoat said...

Aw, they grow up so fast. I'm all ready for my anxiety and tears for when Chloe starts preschool - tomorrow!

I hope that Annslee had a great first day.

S. said...

oh that is so cute! and lol about jordan giving you permission to leave!

KrisJ said...

OOO what a big girl! That is the hardest day when you leave them at school. Its no fun when they grow up. But so cute when they do well and get new friends, bring on the playdates! Love seeing her photos, my husband was sitting next to me while reading today and was saying how cute she is!

kitchu said...

So glad to hear she did so well! She looks adorable with her backpack :O)

3 Peanuts said...

I am glad it went so well:)

Kim

Julie said...

She is such a cutie. My Robbie was diagnosed with verbal apraxia several years ago. I have high hopes for Miss Annslee!!

Nikki said...

Good job Annslee!!

Glad she had such a good first day - it does help when they bond with another kiddo. Now you know she'll be in good hands with Jordan! (but she'll still be over the moon when mama comes to pick her up)

P.S. She looks SO cute wearing her backpack.

saucygoat said...

It sounds like Annslee had a good first day of preschool.

You're right, Chloe's first day of preschool was today. She cried twice during the day - when we left and when it was naptime because she didn't want to take a nap (we don't do naps at home anymore). Other than that she had lots of fun. She even brought home little drawings and worksheets.

On the other hand, I was a complete wreck. I cried after we left and all day long I just stared at the clock, which was unbearably SLOW. :)

Can't wait to hear more about Annslee's preschool adventures!

day by day said...

Love that first picture...she looks so confident and ready to go! Glad her first day went so well!

crazylady said...

Apraxia. Really? You must talk about this on your blog more.
The Hugger seems to be dealing with it as well as she can, which seems GREAT. I'm sure everyday will improve for both of you.
Maybe the Princess Mesh holds her back? Non?

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

How perfect!
She grows before our eyes.
You are blessed!

Sherry said...

School pictures already! She can't be growing up! My heart sinks just seeing her with a bookbag:) Don't you wish they could stay little forever? LOL!

 
Site Meter