Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 11, 2008

Thought for the day

"The time may be delayed, the manner may be unexpected, but the answer is sure to come. Not a tear of sacred sorrow, not a breath of holy desire poured out to God will ever be lost; but in God’s own time and way will be wafted back again in clouds of mercy, and fall in showers of blessings on you, and those for whom you pray."

~ Henry Coyle


I found this on someone's blog and I can't remember where or I would credit them with showing it to me : )

I think it sums up what a lot of us are currently feeling with this wait and encourages us to stand strong.

16 comments:

missy said...

That is a lovely saying. I am sorry your wait is so long. I am thinking of adopting from Vietnam, too. I know it will take forever if I ask for a girl. I am very open to a boy, too. We'll see! Hang in there and know that your perfect child will be sent to you and your family!

Marla said...

I love that. I was just thinking today about posting something just for waiting parents. My heart aches for all of you.

Hang in there!

Anne said...

Laura-I'm so sorry that your wait is dragging on. When I say 'I know how you feel' you know I mean it sincerely! Good things are just around the corner for you...for all of us. Thanks for the beautiful quote. Mr. Coyle is right: "the answer is sure to come."
-Anne

Mommy Spice said...

I was looking at my counter this morning and saw that we're at almost 9 months. It was shortly after that that we got S.G.'s referral. Ugh. So much longer to wait. It's a beautiful quote, and very true. We continue to keep our head up and patiently wait for our Mei Mei.

S. said...

That is great, thank you...go to teamalexander.blogspot for some more uplifting thoughts on the wait.

Michelle said...

Hey, been thinking of you guys... what a great quote-definitely one worth saving.

kitchu said...

Gonna have to steal this one, it just brought the best kind of tears to my eyes, I'll link back to you...

Much Ado said...

This is just beautiful, thanks for sharing it...."the answer is sure to come" - I like that!

Nikki said...

That is so beautiful. I am going to have to copy it as well.
Waiting is so hard, but it is bearable when we remember that God is still on the throne.

KrisJ said...

Thanks for that I needed that this week!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

sweet friend what a great quote ... praying for some news for you soon!

redmaryjanes said...

That is just beautiful. I love that.

Deb said...

I just say this on Kris' blog! I had to come thank you for sharing too! The wait did take its toll on me this week when I finally realized we would probably still not be traveling even this year!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Adele said...

Just what I needed to read right now. Thanks for posting this. The waiting is so very hard, isn't it? Thanks for the encouragment with this quote. That is how we will all make it through....by encouraging one another and praying for each other. :)

Patricia said...

SO well said! Thanks for sharing this! I think & pray for you all the time in your wait for Malia!
Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that - I needed to read it. We are LID 8/15/07 for China again and the thought of 4 + years and a possible 6+ year age difference between our girls has caused us to waiver in our commitment to the program. What's the plan? What's God's plan for us? We will follow the signs that point us back to China.... so we wait. With you.

~Janette

 
Site Meter