Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 28, 2008

More spring break fun

Yesterday the weather was perfect ~ partly cloudy and 74 degrees ~ so a Zoo trip was needed. We had a great time except for the 3 times I had to have a "chat" with her about stopping the whining *sigh* Come on, we were at the Zoo afterall...be happy!! She is really becoming so independent these days and although it is a great thing it is also challenging like when Mama has to go potty and she doesn't and she "thinks" she will just wait outside by the stroller and not come in with me!

The flowers were really pretty and she wanted to pick one but I had to keep pointing out the sign saying to "leave the flowers for others to enjoy" Seriously, check out that contemplative look ~ she is trying hard to decide which one is best : )


Yes, we rode the carousel more than once


The big new thing of the day was "tending" (pretending) that Zoe (her Gigi's dog) was with us at the Zoo. This picture is when it started. We were looking at the cougar and suddenly she squatted down to "pet" Zoe and it continued all day. She has always been so good at imaginative play and will stay 'in character' for a long time but she now will say or do something and say "tend" about it : )

Zoe apparently gave her a big kiss : )













We tried to feed the lorikeets but they were not in the mood to eat today. We never buy the nectar for them but someone gave us some. Honestly, we rarely go in there as it reminds me of a Hitch*cock movie :( They fly right at you and a woman next to us got pooped on yesterday. However, I have to admit she looked so sweet holding that cup up waiting for one to come over. I do think she would have flipped out if one really had ; )

24 comments:

Marla said...

Hehe, I love that she was pretending Gigi's dog was there, how funny. Great pics, as always!!

OH MY #6 said...

Jealous of the colours in the pictures!

They are beautiful pictures.

Lea

Michelle said...

Can't wait to go to the zoo with everyone!! Less than a month now:) I need to get money to Stacie for tickets!! Love her pretend play--she looks like she really is petting a dog--I really thought there was one next to her:)

Sharon said...

She is Miss Personality! Adorable.

Anonymous said...

She is just so cute. I can't pick a favorite picture today! Her sma\ile is darling!

Anonymous said...

That first picture is so precious that I can hardly stand it! And that is beyond sweet that Annslee was petting pretend Zoe. (What lovely, spring weather you are having. It is SNOWING in Seattle today. Oy.)

mommy24treasures said...

Great pics. She looks so cute tending :)
I know about the independence thing. Caitlyn blacked her eye at Target this week because mommy finally gave in on the whining to get out of the buggy and she was trying to climb out anyway so I said fine if you will stay right here and she literally got out and ran staight into one of the clothes racks. Blood everywhere scary for a second....
She wants to be on the go and is VERY active.
Looks like a fun day outside.
I know our zoo is packed right now with Spring Breakers. I am holding out another 2 weeks.

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

So jealous of your weather and the fact that you have a zoo nearby!

asiangard said...

Oh....we still have snow here......boo hoo!
Anslee is cute as usual, and I love what a great imagination she has.
Oh ya, the pics are great too.

Patricia said...

Great photos!! I love the last one!

Kiara & Annslee are so much alike!! It MUST be a Hubei thing! We have the SAME argument about waiting for me OUTSIDE the bathroom!!! FEISTY GIRLS!! ;)

taylorchloejake said...

Oh my gosh, she is so cute! I've never seen a kid with so much personality! She seems like so much fun!

Rydley said...

It is so beautiful there!

How fun that she is so imaginative! Jia is just now getting into more pretending. She has been playing "tea party" quite a bit (although Jia and her dolls don't drink tea, instead they order "big" sandwiches from the deli via the phone). It cracks me up!

Mia's Mommy said...

I LOVE this age where pretending is so much fun and so natural. Miss Anslee is definitely a girly made for Spring. (even with the whining!) She looks just perfect with the beautiful flowers!

Annette said...

I am so jealous of your 70's temperature... we got a big snow fall the other day! I love the first pic of her thinking about those flowers! All of them are darling... she does have quite the personality!

dwayne and melanie said...

That is too cute about "tending"! She is just adorable.

Robin said...

I love the picture of her petting an imaginary Zoe. So cute!

Mommy Spice said...

I love your zoo excursions!! I love her imagination!! Glad you guys enjoyed the beautiful weather.

my3 kids said...

what a beautiful day it looks like you all had. Sure wish the snow would melt and we would have some nice warm weather....it's a big mud whole around where we live right now:( Annslee your such a sweetie pie!!

Denise C said...

Oh Laura...such beautiful pics of sweet Annslee! Your Easter pics are gorgeous as well! Beautiful family !!!
My personal favorite of all is the one of you and Annslee kissing! Oh so sweet...love the "effect" too!
Hope your weekend is blessed beyond measure sweet friend!
Hugs,
Denise

Elise said...

Adorable pics!!!

Nikki said...

Fun! Fun!
The pictures are wonderful of what sounds like a (close to) perfect day!
I feel your pain with the whining. I often ask Lily why she just can't be a HAPPY girl!? It usually works without too much coaxing.
And you KNOW I feel ya on all the "tend" stuff. Lily and Annslee would have a BLAST with all of their "tend" friends and pets!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Laura!

Michelle R Photography said...

How beautiful! I love the spring flowers. We are far from seeing flowers here. Anslee looks so pretty among all the yellow and green.

Deb said...

etxbwhat beautiful pictures! It truly looks like Spring has popped for you all! We still have patches of snow.....soon Spring will come....I think! :)

Deb said...

etxbwhat beautiful pictures! It truly looks like Spring has popped for you all! We still have patches of snow.....soon Spring will come....I think! :)

 
Site Meter