Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

A surprise reunion

Last night Rebecca called and said, "hey, are you busy tonight or tomorrow?" Well, of course not...ha ha We did have a skating party last night so we took her up on her offer to 'crash' her Tonggu reunion. We do know most of the families as they either were in our big travel group (we went to Hubei and they went to Jiangxi) or they live here and we know them through that.

Here is my Hubei Honey with those Jiangxi girls (sorry, couldn't think of a cute J word)


*Annslee, Aidyn, Katie, Zola, Josie, Seely & Tessa

When they did a Tonggu pic Mary gave Annslee her camera so she could participate too : )





I had to throw this one in of Darby who is Sutton's beautiful daughter from Vietnam. (Her sister is Seely in the shades in the couch picture.) I keep promising her I will add another Vietnamese girl to this China party : )



It was time to give a good-bye hug and it was really sweet but Josie wasn't ready for an Annslee hug~


so this is what happened! Hey, you have to steady yourself when Annslee hugs you : )



After that party we went to my niece's baby shower and you know who helped open all the gifts

This makes the third "really pregnant" person we have been with in the last few days~ you know, their belly is really out there : ) Anyway, Annslee is amazed about the whole thing and can't seem to stop touching their bellies and trying to lift their shirts to "see" the baby. Of course this leads to her trying to lift MY shirt to see Malia *sigh* We definitely talk about her coming from China and Malia from Vietnam but it is a huge concept so I know we have a lot more work to do

31 comments:

Unknown said...

How fabulous. Glad everyone had a good time..What beautiful children

Kelly said...

That looks like such a fun play date. I worry about Lucy asking about belly babies some day. It must be so confusing to them.

Mia's Mommy said...

Laura, thanks for the post on Mia's blog. Mia's blog is actually who she was referring to. Her name is Tina and we've been emailing back and forth. Way to go on the math skillz though, hehe!

That's so cute Anslee looking for her sister! It's so hard to explain at that age.

Annette said...

Awesome reunion fun! It's so much fun and important to get our girls together with other girls who were also adopted. I have to tell you, Annslee gives hugs just like Isabella... I always have to warn the other kid and tell Isabella to go easy!
And yes... you will probably be getting that "did I grow in your belly" question real soon. It seems as soon as they start seeing mommy's with belly's they start putting 2 and 2 together! But you'll be amazed at how well they take it...I was probably more emotional telling her that she didn't grow in MY belly, that her hearing it!

ps... how 'bout Hubei Honey's and Jiangxi Jewells for your next get-together!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun

Lea

Steffie B. said...

look at all those adorabel girls...what fun!

mommy24treasures said...

oh what a fun time!!!!!

Sherry said...

Oh lots of partying! Sounds fun!! Atleast Annslee understands that there's a baby "in the tummy". I have run into so many prego girls this week & Kobi is like "Fat...FAT"! Talk about embarrassed! LOL!

(I guess he gets it from the Hungry Caterpillar book???)

Shelly and Family said...

Wow...what a reunion! I also checked out the post below...sure looks like Annslee had a great time at the zoo!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun! Such cutie-petuties!

Nikki said...

I think it's so fun that you got to be part of such a special reunion...looks like Annslee had a blast (as always). And I SO want a hug from that little sweetie.

and yeah, the adoption concept is a big one to understand - I think it's one that we'll just have to keep talking about over and over until one day it all sinks in.

Adele said...

Oh what fun!! Such beautiful girls! Glad you were all able to get together. I am sure they all had a blast together.

Cinnamon said...

That pic on the couch reminds me of the "red couch" at the White Swan. Instead this is the tan couch. The whole belly baby thing isn't easy at this age. This would be a good topic for a children's book about how families are formed. Wait, is there one already?
I'll have to check that out.

Mommy Spice said...

Wow!! You guys had a great time!! Love the pictures!!

Spicy Girl has seen pregnant people, knows she's from China but still has not asked "those" questions yet. I'm waiting.

Sharon said...

How fantastic!!!! Great shots too!

Sue said...

How sweet!! Love the reunion pics! What fun to go to the baby shower too. The wheels are turning and you are laying the foundation for her understanding in the future. (I agree - call them Jiangxi jewels!)

Patricia said...

What a fun time & what beautiful children! I see that Annslee gives "knock 'em down" hugs just like somebody I know! ;)

Christy said...

How FUN!!!! It looks like you all had a great time. I love Anslee's smile-- she cracks me up!!

Christy :)

Julie said...

How fun! What a treat. Miss Annslee is the life of the party wherever she goes! :o)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yes I guess you would need to brace yourself if Annslee is prepared to give you one of her great big hugs!!!

Looks like alot of fun!

Kate said...

Love all the asian-cuties! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

Michelle said...

Aww...you are so lucky to get to see them. Can't wait to see you--counting down!!! Hey, we have JiaLi telling people that while she was in China, she was in Daddy's belly:) (seriously, she has said this) But she is beginning to grasp the concept, the more we talk about it.

jennifer said...

Looks like it was so much fun. The hug pic is so cute!

That must be hard to try to explain about pregnant moms and adoptive moms. Even harder for a 3 year old to understand.

Kristy said...

So so cute!!

my3 kids said...

Oh how special and it looks like miss Anslee had a blast with her China sisters:)

PandaMom said...

First, the pic on the couch is soooo adorable!

Second, for my blog, you need to go ahead and email me so that I can input your address into Blogger. The reason you can see it is because I won't block it until Sat. Thanks! ; )

Gwen Oatsvall said...

hey girlie ... looks like a fun time ... sorry i haven't checked in for a while ... crazy around here... thanks so much for writing for the book ..i am so excited about what God is going to do ...

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the hug picture :)! What a great hugger you have there :).

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun. Love the pic's with all the cuties lined up. Make the wait seem bearable almost.

kitchu said...

What great reunion fun! And I wanna Annslee HUG :O)

Deb said...

Oh what fun! Sophie is from Tonggu....and would loved to have joined you all! They are all just adorable!

 
Site Meter