Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just the facts ma'am

I wanted to get this "on paper" so I wouldn't forget ~ She has had an explosion of vocabulary lately. I can notice that and appreciate it but sometimes she knows words that I didn't know she could say. For example, while watching Mu*lan she suddenly said "Mu*lan happy" and later "Mu*lan sad" Today we were working a puzzle and she held up a piece and announced "last piece" and then put it in. While playing with daddy she asked him to "pick Daddy" when holding up two objects. Today when we were headed to the pool I teased that I was going down the frog slide first and she yelled "Mama, too big!" Oh, and most importantly, she now uses "Why?" all the time : ) There are many more and I do need to write them all down sometime. She had a vocabulary of TEN words last October (and I was counting Hi and High as two) and now, I have no idea how many she has but I do know we are all LOVING it : )

She also took the book "Go Dog Go" to school for show and tell yesterday and read several pages to her class. I have her reading it on video and would love to show you if I could figure out how ??? I will have to find out b/c she also does the voices I use to read...too cute!

Her other BIG thing right now is gardening so here she is checking on her plants in the window. These were taken after church wearing the SUMMER cat dress she has begged to wear for weeks. I found a shirt to go under it and gave up the fight : )






Her other love is dance/gymnastics. She has such a great time in class. As always being "Pe*ter Pan" is a treat!




Oh and the new preschool?? Well, we had some rough drop offs but she is in a groove now so hopefully we are good to go there too!

The biggest fact of all of course is that we are crazy about our girl!

30 comments:

Mia's Mommy said...

Isn't it amazing that one day it just clicks and the language just takes off? That's really awesome that she's picked up so much so quickly. When Mia started pre-school, we too had some rough mornings. It actually took about two months before there were days consistent with no tears. Now she just goes off into the room and it's me chasing her down and trying to get a goodbye kiss. I know what you mean about words you didn't know they knew. One day we were driving and Mia said, "look at the beautiful mountains over the lake". I about ran off the road! Mountains, Lake! Not just a simple look at that and water. I was shocked too.

mommy24treasures said...

how could you not be crazy about her? She is just an absolute darling :)
I love that Annslee's vocab is growing. Makes me so happy!
I think we are going to have a little garden experiment ourselves soon!;)

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I love all the words Annslee is saying! I think age three is going to be the magic number for us, Laura. It was just December that Linlee also only spoke ten words. I've now lost count because she says so many new things each day. It's such an exciting time in our homes!

Glad to hear Annslee's transition to her new preschool wasn't too bad. And doesn't she look precious in that pretty dress!

Michelle said...

So awesome--she is going to be talking your head off before you know it:) When I download videos(or should I say upload--I get that mixed up), I do it through google video and then they have an embed thing that can be copied and pasted to the blog. I'm so excited to hear her in person:)

Natalie said...

Marielle saw Annslee picture and she said MOM, she looks like me, she looks like me, she my SISTAH.

She loves to look at your blog and listens when I read it to her.

Oh, and she is insisting on starting her "nastics" just like "sistah"

Karianne said...

She is getting so big! I mean, could she be any cuter?

missy said...

Annslee is just beautiful! I especially love her in that precious dress. She is too stinkin' cute! Glad she is talking so well. I just think she is a doll!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

How exciting that she's using so many words! Don't you just love the "why" question?!
She looks so pretty in her dress.

~Lynn

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am thrilled she is talking so well lately! She is such a little cutie....I just love her!

Nikki said...

How exciting that her vocabulary is exploding - I know you are grinning ear to ear with each new word! Way to go, Annslee!!!!

She looks beautiful checking on her plants...

Glad the preschool is going well, too...
and I'm pretty crazy about your girl too...can't wait till you figure out the video thing! I'd love to hear her voice!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news! Our Baby Girl is starting to say more too, and mimics a lot. I think her intensive speech therapy is starting to work but we still have a long way to go. Go Annslee!
christina

Patricia said...

FANTASTIC!!! SO HAPPY to hear of Annslee's rapidly expanding vocab!!

And that photo of her as Pe*ter P*an....TOO CUTE!!!

Would love to see Annslee reading GO, Dog GO...that's one of Kiara's favorites also. It was my fave as a kid too. "Do you like my hat?"

Tracy said...

Well, you should be crazy about her! I'm glad to hear that her vocabulary is growing so much! Btw, I have the same drapes in my family room. :)

Kate said...

She reminds me so much of my Luci! Once they start talking, it's all down-hill from there! =)

OH MY #6 said...

Love the pictures and her little dress is sooooooo cute!


Lea

Denise C said...

OH yes...your girl is so precious!!! I know you "love her like Crazy cakes"!!! hee-hee!
Wonderful pics Laura! I love her pretty green dress!
She's so cute at gymnastics too!!
What a little darlin you have!
Blessings,
Denise

Michelle R Photography said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly their vocabulary grows? Mia's new one this week is, "Leila did it." Uh oh. She's going to get her sister in some serious trouble with that one. :-)

Anonymous said...

It always takes me hours to figure out how to get stuff off our video camera-that's why I rarely video anything. How cute that she was reading the book to her class! Glad her flowers are doing well, ours are looking a little straggely...but that could be because there is NO WAY they would last on a window sill with Jack around...haha

Dannye said...

and we are crazy about her too...gotta love the vocabulary growing like that....so very cool!!

Rydley said...

She is making such strides! That's terrific!!! We love Go Dog Go too!

Sherry said...

Yeah little talker!! Just wait... soon it'll be little reader then whatever comes next! Hahaha! (You know I haven't reached that far in my parenting career yet. What comes after little reader?~LOL!!!!)

asiangard said...

That is great! Sometimes they just keep it inside and then start saying sentences! lol
Haha, I love how she told you you were too big for the slide, that sounds like something Kai-Li would say.
She looks so beautiful in her dress and bow. What a doll she is.

Mommy Spice said...

One of my favorite things about visiting your blog is seeing the personality. She is so funny, has the greatest facial expressions, and has an awesome "mind of her own." What great leaps in the language development!! She's just a joy to "come visit!"

Sue said...

So glad she is just jumping ahead with her vocab!!! And you are right about writing it down so you won't forget.....never did figure out what B's "first sentence" was. Bad mama! Love the beautiful dress - and it looks just fine w/ a t-shirt under it!!!

Adele said...

It is so much fun when you watch their vocabulary build. Mallory blows me away daily with the words she uses. She talked at an early age and hasn't stopped yet. LOL.
I love all of the pics of Annslee. She is just too cute.

3 Peanuts said...

I am so glad that her vocabulary is exploding. I know this has been a concern for a long time now. Soun ds like Annslee is really doing well!

Kim

Michelle said...

I hope you figure out how to upload the video ... I would just love to hear Annslee reading. She is just so sweet. I love her kitty dress and know a little girl who would also love it. Can I ask you where you bought it?

Hugs,
Michelle

Tammy said...

I shared Annslee's beautiful photos with our elem/high school pal Helen at lunch yesterday. We had not seen each other in ages. We must all get together VERY soon.

KK and WS said...

yes,kids always surprise us...

Steffie B. said...

I love seeing her doing her gymnastics....she is so full of energy....and I am so glad to hear that her speech is improving...at least she is trying...Daniel just refuses to talk! ;(

 
Site Meter