Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

One Child Policy Stays

*photo taken Beijing November 2005 (two days before we met Annslee)

I was hoping for a different outcome but it looks like there will be at least 10 more years of China's one child policy. I pray for the families who will be forced to make unimaginable decisions. Go HERE to read more.

9 comments:

Mia's Mommy said...

Does that just not break your heart. And at the rate that adoptions have slowed down in China and the eligibility requirements now too, it makes for a really sad situation; for the children and the birth mothers. Anslee is one blessed baby girl!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

so sad....sigh...
do they not realize what they are doing to these children? it breaks my heart. if they would just pick up the pace and get these children into their new homes....and the poor mothers----i cannot imagine being torn from my child so creully..the choices- the heartbreak..

missy said...

I read this online, too. It is absolutely the most heartbreaking situation. I can't wrap my mind around the sadness. We are lucky beyond measure to have our sweet girls. I feel so blessed!
I have loved the pics of Annslee and Gigi!

OH MY #6 said...

this does break my heart.

Lea

redmaryjanes said...

I am so sad for the mothers and children in China.

The Byrd's Nest said...

When we were in China all of the young people that we met were not interested in having children at all. They told Greg that they didn't want to have to deal with parents, grandparents etc. wanting male children. That in itself is sad also. I think that China doesn't really know their young people today. They are not the same as yesterday.

Michelle said...

Unimaginable, devastating and cruel. At times when I think the US doesn't have it's stuff together, stories like this put me back in my place quickly.

Steffie B. said...

yes....I heard....it's so sad.

jennifer said...

I really can't even wrap my brain around it. Thanks for sharing.

 
Site Meter