As you know, Annslee is obsessed with her baby sister. She says Malia's name all day long and "tend Malia" is always around. I find myself sometimes wondering if we shouldn't have talked so much about Malia because we are still not close to bringing her home and yeah, there are days I wonder if we ever will. She talks of how Malia is big and not little and therefore will not sleep in the crib but in the big bed with her. We did recently change our requested age to up to 24 months so she may be right! Another funny thing she does is look at the magnets we have on the fridge with their names on them. They are really cute with a stork carrying a baby wrapped in a flag ~ Annslee is quick to point out that Malia has one star and she has five ~ I see some sister competition in our future LOL
I wanted to post an update because so many people ask and I really have nothing to tell them. We are still hopeful that we will bring our daughter/sister home soon and I know that God has a plan for our family so I try to rest in that peace and just enjoy each day.
Who wants to be a big sister??
"I DO!"
"The time may be delayed, the manner may be unexpected, but the answer is sure to come. Not a tear of sacred sorrow, not a breath of holy desire poured out to God will ever be lost; but in God’s own time and way will be wafted back again in clouds of mercy,and fall in showers of blessings on you, and those for whom you pray."
~ Henry Coyle
*Of course we also want to remember the families of those at VT today who had such tragedy last year*







35 comments:
I love how you share pictures of your beautiful girl. I'm sorry you have had to wait so long, hopefully it's not much longer.
This is a long wait for you. I hope the plan will become clear soon.
Lea
I pray it all comes together--for all of us. Who would have thought it would take this long? IMO, I think the June 1st talk is about the deadline of acceptance of dossiers. I hope so, anyway. I have a little one anxious to be a big sister, too. I pray I'll never have to tell her that it may not happen. Hopefully, we will all get our happy ending...
This has been such a wait for you. I hope that you get to see Malia's beautiful face soon. I have to admit that everytime I open your blog, I look to see if there has been any news. I know it is different than the China program and there may be no "Stork Alerts." (remember how we used to hang on to those????) I know that you saw our friends, The Rizzos, missed the cutoff by one day. They were logged in to China right after we brought Emma (and you brought Annslee) HOME! It is too long for these babies and for their families!! I am praying with you. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your attitude!
The bummer is that when I saw your post title I gasped thinking it might have finally been "the" news. I'm so sorry you're hitting this point - you know I'm always thinking and hoping for you to have progress. As for the June 1st thing I think you are totally right - way too early to worry about it and the ramifications as it isn't yet official nor coming from multiple sources. I know everybody is stressed about what will happen with the MOU and every agency has a different perspective, but you will have to just keep hoping and praying that things will finally work in your favor. Keeping everything crossed for you...
Thinking of you all..and hoping.
I hope Annslee gets to see her wish come true very soon. Hang in there.
I really pray you hear something soon. At least you have such a cutie to keep your mind off of it all of the time. I know you still think about Malia a lot, but I know having Annslee really helps. She is such a bright and happy girl!
I've thought about your family so much this past year, especially during the program changes. It's so difficult facing the unknown. I truly hope you see the long awaited light at the end of the tunnel soon.
Josie seconds that "I Do!"
See you in two days! Wahoo!
I know the wait is so hard. Chloe was JUST LIKE Annslee, wanting a sister so much. Her little tears of joy the night we met Caitlyn are the most special memory I have of that evening. I know that when Annslee meets her sweet sister and lays a big bear hug on her it will be that way for you too :)
Laura, I am so sorry that the wait has been so long and hard. I had no idea that things were going wrong with Vietnam adoptions. You have such a positive outlook and I know God wouldn't put the desire in your hearts to bring home another baby and not fulfill that for you. Hang in there and know your time will be here soon...I just know it!
As I mentioned to Mary, waiting with uncertainty is *so* difficult. Our family's prayers are with you. I'm glad Annslee provides you with so much distraction. I know Isa did that for me, and the wait for Ina was *so* much easier that the wait BC (before children).
Hang in there.
So sorry that your wait has turned out to be so long. But happy to hear that you are trusting in the timing! Our thoughts are with you and your family for good news soon!!!
Im so glad you did this post! Im always wondering whats going on with your little Malia. You have been waiting longer than us and its a horrible wait. I just hope all of us waiting parents get to bring home our darling babies soon!
I know how you feel. We have been talking with Jade about her being a big sister and now I wonder if this was too soon too. I love that saying from Henry Coyle BTW. I hope we all hear something official soon and I hope it is good.
Hoping and praying with you! The wait is so hard!
I appreciate the update...and I love that you are holding tight to your faith in the fact that God indeed has a plan for your family.
Malia won't be "tend" forever...
Love you guys!
Oh how the wait can be totally agonizing. I feel for you guys. I think Miss Malia is just holding out for a huge debut. You know... "Mama, daddy after 2 years you never thought I'd come but here I am!" Then next thing you know this wait will be a distant memory:) I'll keep fingers & toes crossed that "The Call" is coming very soon:)
~SENDING HUGS YOUR WAY~
Trust in the slow work of God...
I can't believe it's been a year.
Hang in there.
I am sorry that you are waiting like this. I don't understand what is happening. Every program that I know of is almost at a standstill.
We just have to keep praying and waiting.
I just know that there will be a little Malia in your home.
First of all, gorgeous picture of Annslee. She looks so beautiful smiling in the sunshine.
Second, I'm sorry this wait is so dreadful and uncertain. Bleck. I so hope your referral is not too long in the future. We are all going to rejoice when we see Malia's lovely little face. Hang in there, friend!
Still praying for you guys and hoping that you are united with Malia very soon.
Thanks for your comment! That is funny that we have similar posts...I'm always thinking of you guys & pray that you unite with your sweet Malia soooooon!!! Love the quote you posted, it's so, so true! Hang in there, my friend!!
Annslee is going to make one AWESOME big sister!!
I am so glad you posted an update. I have wondered where you are in the waiting. I feel the same thing about telling my boys (or anyone for that matter) about China. They are older, though, so they can understand a little better. They also have each other. It is so sweet when they talk about her, though. Makes her more real. I love the quote you put at the end. Very encouraging. I can't wait to see Miss Annslee with her "real" Malia.
Hang in there!
Oh Laura, you remain in my prayers. There doesn't seem to be an international adoption program these days that doesn't have some type of issue going on. It is so frustrating for waiting families and even more so for all of the children waiting to meet their new families. Love you guys!
Lottie absolutely loved Emma Jane the first moment she met her and she will defend her to the end against any big kid on any playground! I just LOVE watching my little runt get in a big kid's face! Is that wrong?
What a special bond these two sisters already have!
I don't think your wrong at all for telling her about her little sis. We did with our two and waited FOREVER. I think it helped the transition of actually having a sister... it was like she was always there.
Praying for you.
we all are on such a long/different path than we first intended. It gets sooooo hard, doesn't it?
STAY STRONG.
I am sorry that the wait is so long. The more I read these adoption blogs the more my heart is sadden by how long it takes for people to get there babies. I will be praying that the wait is not to much longer.
I am so sorry you are still waiting and that Annslee is still waiting for her baby sister.
I hope your wait is not much longer.
I love your attitude!! And she is going to be such a fantstic big sister. so sweet!
We have been waiting 21 months for our referral. Our dossier has been DTV since June of 07. So, we know what you are going through. Keep the faith, Malia is waiting for you. If you had not started this journey, Malia would not be getting parents! and a big sister.
Oh this is a heartache I really feel for you. I love the quote at the end of your post. I am so sorry you have had to endure such an unexpected long wait!!
Kate
We share and know your pain.....and know that in God's timing Sophie will also have a sister! Maila is coming soon Anslee!
My heart truly goes out to you because of your super long wait. I really was hoping you'd have Malia home by now. Thank you for posting this. I've been wanting to ask for a while now, but just hated to ask in fear of the answer. Sending big hugs your way.
Post a Comment