for swim team?? Actually I know the answer and it is FOUR. I know I'm her Mommy but seriously, the girl has skills : ) I think the biggest thing is how comfortable she is. She wants her face underwater constantly and can swim pretty fast now. We have always known she was a natural swimmer ~ the first time we took her to a pool at 15 months old she jumped right in. She has been doing it ever since.


Yesterday she learned how to "dive off the block" aka, dive in for a swim meet. Elle Kate was doing it b/c big sister is on the swim team.
Annslee loves doing it now! Here she is set to go~

Arms are straight and she is poised to spring~

Ha ha, she did a "tuck jump" instead (that is from gymnastics) and check out the smirk on her face knowing we were expecting a dive ; )


The funniest thing is the concentration on her face each time. This girl is serious!!

After being told by another Hubei Mama we too researched and it seems most of the swimmers and divers on the Chin*ese Oly*mpic team are from Hubei and the training facilities are there. Guess she comes by it naturally : )
26 comments:
wow, that's awesome. she is really serious about that dive. lauren is not brave around water, never has been. I guess not all Hubei girls got the gene.
Looks like you might have some swim meets in your future! LOVE her suit too, she looks so cute!
I think its amazing our girls can dive so young.
I would LOVE to see Annslee swim. I can tell from the pics she lovves it so much.
Love the dive!!! That's incredible. See ya at the Olympics in 2020. :))
Love these pics!!! Kiara is quite the swimmer as well...definitely a Hubei thang!
Annslee has THE BEST swimsuit wardrobe! ;)
she is so cute!!! Our Olivia took to swimming naturally too. Addison is just now trying to swim. She is a bit more timid. I love the pictures of Annslee diving...too darn cute!
Wow that's great! Lindsey is almost finished with her second try at "Level 1" swimming lessons and I don't think she is going to pass this time either. :-) It's her first time taking lessons and she doesn't have much experience in the water so it's not surprising, she's actually made some good progress.
Go Annslee go! Or should I say Swim Anslee swim!
She is amazing in the water, I am not even that brave:).
Such a cutie!
I'm impressed with those skills. That is neat information about Hubei and the swim team.
Sign her up quick!! Look at her - that is truly a gift. She looks so incredibly cute in that suit - of course she'd look incredibly cute in a potato sack, but that suit is darling!
My husband was a swimmer, he says it's in your blood.
Funny thing -our six year old (the red head) went for her first swim lessons last summer, prior to that she was terrified. Her first lesson we come home and Rob says, "Well, is she a natural, like me?" Yeah, ummm, not so much honey:) She is doing much better this year!
Have a great week!
Heather
What a little swimmer!! It looks like she is having so much fun.
I see the words "swimming team" in her future...Check out that form! She amazes me...
Your girl's got skills!!! I love how she is so focused. C'mon over and join our swim team. The Warriors need an asian invasion : )
She sure is a natural! That is wonderful!
she seems like such a great swimmer for only being 3! That's awesome, looks like she's a natural
That is truly incredible!
She is an awesome swimmer...how fun for you to watch her!
Lily loves the water, but refuses to get her face wet. Ugh!
Go Annslee!!!!!
O my goodness you do have a little swimmer I cant believe her form! How awesome!
Hey there... Just popping over here to reply to your comment on mine! We know that Carol did meet the girls and take photos, but we've been warned that we are not allowed to see any photos of them since we don't have the official referral. If we have any identifying info on them before that, it jeopardizes our case. And with everything so uncertain still, I honestly don't even want to see photos. Too hard, since we may still lose them. But T said last week that there are some small 'glimmers of hope' so it's not over yet. Keep hoping for us!!!
Jen
Wow! She is awesome! I know Annslee will be so sad when summer is over.
That is so funny...she looks like a natural. It does make you think...
Kim
WOW, what a natural! That's hysterical. I LOVE this kid!! Seriously, can't get enough of her. It never ceases to amaze me how much her personality comes through even the internet!!
Holy cow - no kidding mummy. She has some talent there. I am gobsmacked!!!!!!
She lookd like she is already on a swim team! That girl is serious about her swimming!!! Woo Hoo! 202 Olympics, here she comes!!!
OMGosh, she looks SO ready! Olympics here she comes. Even the suit!
I love that girl.
I have actually been amazed at bailey too. She will get in any water, cold, green, hot, muddy, you name it. She will do anythign to get in the water.
What is up with that????
i HOPE YOU take more shots of her progress. wHAT About water ballet> haha can they start earlier???
I love your blog... I was blessed to travel to China with my brother and his wife this past September to pick up their daughter Rachel (turning 2 in a month!)I want to celebrate her birthday with a special gift possibly start a collection of something to give her every year. You are so creative as are your readers...does anyone have any ideas for a gift? Thanks in advance for your help!
Oh my Goodness.. that short little body reminds me of someone else I know... our little Faith! They have the same little features! She's so Cute!!!
Post a Comment