Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Three Years Already?

Three years ago in a cold damp room in Wuhan, Hubei China we met the most beautiful girl in the world. There were 10 other families also meeting their daughters and it was a pretty intense "delivery room" with lots of flashes, smiles, hugs and many tears (both happy and sad) She was handed to me first (or maybe I just grabbed her) and she cried. Daddy took her and I didn't get to hold her again for a few days. No worries...she is Mama's girl now : )

Family Day 2008



Family Day 2007



Family Day 2006



Family Day 2005



I love looking at and comparing these pictures every year. She is growing up way too fast!!

I didn't take her to school today so we could go to the community center and make Thank*sgiving crafts. She made a turkey out of her little feet and hand prints and it is so cute.


She also made a little tree and it said "Annslee is thankful for...." and she wrote on each leaf what she is thankful for. You will have to click and enlarge to read them ... in case you can't read her handwriting they read in the order she said them~ God, Coby, Love, Milk, Tree and Moon~ oh, my sweet girl...guess Mommy and Daddy are just a given and don't need a leaf LOL

When Daddy came home he brought flowers for her

Then it was time to open a gift bought for her when we were in China. She got a mirror with a jade handle.



Here is a pic of her jumping off the tent in the play area at the mall into daddy's arms~ I think she thought it was fun!


We went to dinner with friends who we only knew through email until tonight. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant that we wanted to try. When we told Annslee where we were going she said "Mine famee day, go eat China food" LOL Annslee had a great time with Sofia (who is 4.5 and from China) and Ava (who is 2 and from Vietnam) They are such beautiful girls! On the way home Annslee announced "Sofia mine best friend" When daddy asked what about Mia or Amelia, she said "all best friends"


Annslee, you are the most precious gift and we are so blessed and honored to call you daughter. I hope we can be the parents you deserve.

33 comments:

taylorchloejake said...

You are so good about taking all of those photos on special days! I love how you can compare them from year to year. I never think of that stuff! Happy Family Day!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Family Day!!

What a wonderful three years it has been for you all....Annslee is such a sweet and special little girl!

Looks like you had a fun filled day...I love the tree that she made...so cute!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Lisa

Stacie said...

Happy Family Day....These girls have changed so much :)

I love her tree and turkey, so cute

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Family Day! I love her little turkey with the hand feathers :)

Keisha said...

Happy Family Day Anslee!!!
I love your crafts you made & I see baby brother Coby is at the top of the Thankful Tree! Hope you've had a great day!!

Susan said...

*sniff* Happy 3rd Family Day! I can't help but get a little teary anytime I read about someone's family day or their family day anniversary. It just brings up such memories of ours. Annslee practically looks grown up now when compared to three years ago! You guys are indeed blessed to have such a loving and funny child. She's adorable, and I'm sure she's going to be a wonderful big sister to little Coby.

Laura L. said...

What a beautiful post! Congratulations on your 3rd Family Day! It's wonderful to see what a treasure Annslee is to you. :)

Marla said...

Awwwww, Happy Family Day to your beautiful girl. What a great post.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy Family Day! And what a difference a couple of years makes.

(And can you believe that the word verification on this comment was "dorks?" Is blogspot trying to tell me something. I refuse to believe I am a dork.)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great day! Love the craft ideas (we made the turkey this year, but I haven't seen that tree-too cute what she was thankful for)! Did you like Vietnamese food? The time sure if flying huh?

GGAdventures said...

Happy Family Day, Annslee! What a great way to spend the day - family, friends and giving thanks! Cute craft projects, too.

Nikki said...

You are such a beautiful family...I adore you all.
Still praying that Coby is with you soon!

Love the pics of Annslee AS ALWAYS she is so darling.

asiangard said...

Yay~~ That is so sweet it brought tears to my eyes!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh Happy Family Day!! I love seeing how she has changed over the years. The first meeting photo is the best!

~Lynn

Colleen said...

Happy family day anniversary! How can it be three years already? Annslee continues to grow more and more beautiful.

(While you were receiving Miss A in China three years ago, we were finishing up the last of our packing and getting ready to go. Sometimes I think that trip seems like an amazing dream.)

Love her little turkey!

Sheryl said...

Happy Family Day, Annslee! (yesterday) I remember so well those posts when you were in China while we were waiting for our turn to go! Such a sweet happy girl you have. Hugs, Sheryl

mommy24treasures said...

you guys are so beautiful. One of God's masterpieces. Your beautiful family.

Doug and Terrye said...

Love the mirror! We are coming up on three years also.

Terrye in FL

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the year by year series! That is so cool! Wow!..what a change from 2005 to 2008! Poor dear, she looked pretty devastated on the first family day. So good to see how happy her little face has been in the years since!

The Thanksgiving crafts are really cute!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Awww....look at her sad little crying face on Gotcha Day:( I don't think I have ever seen her that way!

Happy Family Day Miss Priss! We love you at the Byrd's Nest!

Missy said...

Happy Forever Family Day sweet girl! You are a blessing to all that know you!

Rhonda said...

Happy Family Day!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Happy Family Day! I know... I can't believe it's been 3 years.

Love the Turkey and Tree... those are great crafts!

Also love the jade hand mirror ... we have a few of those (to be handed out as birthday gift to 'best' friends some day).

Johnny said...

Happy Anniversary!

jennifer said...

Such a sweet post. I love seeing all the pictures through the years. She is so adorable! Love that she put "milk" on her tree :) too cute!

Shelly and Family said...

Happy "Forever Family Day" 3rd Anniversary, Annslee!

KrisJ said...

AWWW So sweet! Looks like you all had the best day!

Tammy said...

I would love to know what Annslee says/thinks about her "gotcha day" picture of her crying :)

Steffie B. said...

Happy Family day.....loved all the flashback pictures! ;) Hope you are with your little man soon! ;)

C's Mom said...

Happy Family Day!

Your family is beautiful - love the photos each year.

Kerry said...

Happy Family Day sweet Annslee!

Love the photos over the years! She is so beautiful.

Hugs from your Hubei sister, Maddie! So fun to read about your celebration and memories.

S. said...

She is a beautiful precious girl and seeing her pictures makes my day! 3 years--wow!

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the yearly photos! Fun!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

 
Site Meter