We started off the day with Annslee singing to him...I don't have pics but I do have it on video. Then Annslee went to school while we went to see friends. Tyler is only 7 weeks older than Coby and of course since they are so little they don't really play together. There was a lot of parallel play and a little fussing over wanting the same thing.
Jana and I had to take something to the car so we put up the gate and carried it downstairs as quickly as we could. They did NOT appreciate being left behind!
We got home from picking up Annslee and they went up for a nap. Annslee put on her dress from China to be "dressy" for his birthday. After they awoke from their nap we were surprised by a delivery from Catalyst Foundation for Coby. Annslee of course wanted to assist in him opening it! Seriously, don't you love the "I love you sooo much" choke hold she has on him!
The balloons were a huge hit!

He literally played with them for over an hour~ hmmm, I see more balloons around here!
The gift was the beautiful (and yummy smelling) cupcake and this stuffed lion. The dog in the pic is Brownie (Annslee's dog) and she has named the lion Yellowie LOL
When Daddy got home it was time to open gifts! Annslee was so gracious to help out

We got Chinese food (hey, we went to a Vietnamese restaurant on her Family Day) and then it was time for cake! A few months ago Denise let me know that she had some Winn*ie the Po0h 1st birthday supplies that I could have so of course I said yes. Annslee then announced he should have an Elm0 party like she did on her first one. Hmmmm, so I took the cake toppers she had on her cake three years ago and put them on his cake tonight and she was thrilled : )
I have no idea what he is thinking but the face cracks me up
I lit the candle and Annslee reached over quickly and grabbed his hand saying "no no Baby Coby" She was really concerned about him touching the candle and blew it out quickly! She sometimes "reads" us a story out of the bible and it always involves Baby Je*sus touching a candle and his mom and dad are not happy...guess she thought Coby might do the same : )
Now it is Annslee's facial expression cracking me up....he has no idea what to do with this cake but she sure does!
See, you just put your hand right in the middle of the cake Coby~ it is really fun!
Ok, enough of this...try some icing off this fork!







37 comments:
Happy Birthday Coby!
Love all the pictures!
Looks like such a fun day!! Happy birthday
Happy Birthday Coby!
So love the photos!
Happy Birthday Coby!!!
Happy Birthday Coby !!!!
Happy Birthday Coby!
Oh my goodness, those are so cute. Happy Birthday, Coby!!
Happy Birthday, Coby!!
Happy Birthday Coby!
He's just getting cuter every day! And the way his big sis loves on him is SO sweet!
Happy Birthday to Mr. C!
Happy Birthday sweet Coby!
Happy Happy Birthday sweet Coby. So very happy he is home with his forever family on this special day.
Hugs
Love his expression! That high chair phot is such a keeper:) BTW, Love Annslee's dress--I need to get JiaLi one for Chinese New Year. I had one ordered and just got an e-mail they are out of her size--grrrrr.
That's so cool you still had the Elmo things--we lose everything in our house.
I am so glad you didn't have to miss a single of Coby's birthdays.
He is so cute and watch out Mom, whenever we go to the store we avoid the part that has balloons...although some stores put them right up front! grrrr...because a certain little boy has a meltdown when he sees a baloon and can't have it!
Grow healthy and strong Baby Coby!
Happy Birthday Coby! I love the pictures, especially the cake ones.
So glad you were able to spend this special day with him! Happy Bday Coby!
Happy Birthday Coby!
Happy 1st birthday, Coby!
Happy birthday, Coby! So glad he was able to celebrate with his family. He is looking so good, Laura. Much healthier and happier. And Miss Annslee looks as adorable as ever!
Happy, Happy Birthday sweet baby Coby!!! I hate that I haven't met you yet, but we'll fix that soon! You are such an angel and have the BEST family! I hope you had a wonderful day cutie pie!
I am just so happy for you.....another dream come true! ;)
Hugs,
Steffie
So happy you all got to celebrate his 1st birthday together - how special!
Annslee just shines as a big sister...makes my heart happy to see!
XO
Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!
Happy 1st Birthday Coby!!
Looks like you all had a great time celebrating!! All the pics were great, but the choke hold is my favorite.....Annslee's little presonality just shines through on your blog....she is so sweet and seems totally smitten by her new adorable brother!!
Hope you all enjoy your weekend:)
Lisa
oh he is just the cutey tootie-est!:) Happy Happy birthday darling boy:)
Happy Birthday, little man!
Happy Birthday, sweet Coby!!!
I'm so happy for all of you that you got to spend Coby's first birthday together!
Fabulous photos & my all time fave is the one with Annslee looking on as Coby tries to figure out what to do with the cake! lol! You really captured that moment!!
Happy Belated Birthday, Coby!!! You sure do look cute and happy, and you have such a great big sister helping watch out for you. I know your family is just filled with joy to have you home!!
I'm so glad he was home for you all to celebrate this wonderful milestone with him. He is just adorable and looks to be having a great time in his new forever family. Annslee is a RIOT as a big sister!!
Happy Birthday, Coby! He looks so happy and adorable.
Happy Birthday sweet boy! We LOVE balloons here!
Happy Birthday Coby!!
Happy Birthday Coby!
Happy Birthday Baby Coby! I am so glad you have such a helpful big sis to assist you with that big cake of yours:)
***Sending Birthday HUGS!***
Happy Birthday sweet Coby!!!
The pictures are Great!!!!
Jen
Oh, so sweet! Did you do the thing where he picks what his future profession is? Sam is going to be an artist. :)
Happy 1st B'Day!!!! Looks like you had a super fun day!!! I'm betting it won't take long for you to learn how yummy cake is...and next year mommy will have plenty of photos of messy Coby!!!
Post a Comment