Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Coby

Coby has been home a little over a month now so I thought I'd share some of his firsts : ) Colleen, this will either be more or less than you wanted to know but thanks for prompting me to get it down "on paper"

I will start out with the BIG one that happened tonight ~ he took his first real steps!! He has done the one foot then fall before but we got three in a row tonight. I thought Annslee would go nuts, she kept saying "see I teach him upstairs and he good listen" ha ha Now we are in BIG trouble as he is already into everything without the ability to walk! People warned us about the difference between boys and girls...they were right!


He mastered the sippy cup on the first try with Big Sister cheering him on. She does this for every accomplishment~ she will say "good job Coby" *for those of you who are wondering this pic was taken on Jan 7th so before his first bday but we will continue to also give him a bottle for another month or so just for bonding *




On that same day he had his first mohawk (and from the looks of it likely his last) He just can't pull it off like the other Kobi can ; )



He went to his first annual check up and did great. All of his tests are normal and he actually made the US growth chart for weight ~ 18 lb, 2.5 oz (2nd percentile), height~ 28 in (8th percentile) and head circumference ~ 18 in (30th percentile)



He learned how to feed himself with a fork. Actually, we weren't trying to teach this but he insists on his food being served pronto so he just grabbed it : )



He unfortunately mastered the step stool but it worked out for the cheerios he wanted





He enjoyed his first "tickle fest" courtesy of Daddy ! I think this may be one of the only pics I have where you can see his two top teeth.





Now you Northerners can start laughing but he experienced his first snowfall (well, a dusting really) He didn't seem to care at all but Annslee begged to go out so we did.



He is doing great really for the most part. Once we got past that first two weeks with little sleep he has slept through the night regularly. He is still a terrible napper and that is hard to get used to b/c Annslee will still nap. He also will not let me out of his sight which is sweet but it is difficult to do much with a baby holding onto your leg crying. I hope he gets secure enough that I can be in the same room and not be holding him and he will be happy. I guess when you go 11 long months without being held you have a lot of time to make up for. I love it when Annslee gets home from school b/c she will sit and play with him and he is happier then. He definitely knows who his family is and will let others hold him as long as he can't see one of us. My favorite thing is when we go pick Annslee up at school and as she is getting in the car he will squeal with delight and then they hold hands all the way home : )


He also is sooooo verbal! I didn't realize how non verbal A really was until now. He can say Mama, Dada, NaNa (Annslee's nickname) and bye bye clearly. He also says a lot more but we don't understand it yet LOL

He loves to dance and will really shake it when he hears music. We now have four people for the dance parties at our house.

He is a great eater and will eat anything you put in front of him. He likes chicken, turkey, mac and cheese (A has never liked that) , all fruits and all veggies. He loves his milk and water too.

He is a happy baby with a ready smile. He is going to be soooo much fun to photograph : )

17 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Typically, I would laugh at that so-called snowfall, but this year... we got nothing. Glad to hear about all of his other firsts. Sounds like things are going well. :)

Missy said...

You know I love that boy! He is the cutest, most cuddly little boy and I know you guys all love him so much!!! Such a sweet blessing!

Lauren's Nana said...

He is such a cutie, he looks really cuddly too:).

Kayce said...

Hi...It's my first time commenting on your blog, which is beautiful by the way! Your kids are just to cute, I love all the pictures and all the smiles!

Anonymous said...

Aww Laura, he is such a cutie - just like his sister! The tickle picture is my favorite!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Coby is so cute!! Loved hearing about all his firsts.....and I can just imagine the two of them holding hands in the car.....precious I am sure!!

Lisa

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Oh my... The Step Stool! You are in trouble!

A Tickle Fest! Woohoo! Love that picture.

C's Mom said...

Looks like wonderful stuff!

I bet you can hardly remember life before your beautiful kiddos were in it.

Enjoy :0)

Marla said...

Oh my gosh, he is SO stinking cute!!! And I just love hearing what a great big sis Annslee is. I find myself saying "Awwwww" all the time while reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

It's so adorable how much Coby and Annslee love each other. What a great big sister she is.

Sounds like Coby is doing great! I'm so glad he is making lots of progress.

Colleen said...

Thanks, Laura. Super update! That story of the two siblings holding hands on the way home from school just touches my heart.

I love the snow picture of your two cuties!

Alyson and Ford said...

He is doing great! Wonderful: he eats, talks, sleeps and has the BEST big sister!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Shelly and Family said...

Happy One Month Home Coby!!!!

(boy where did that time go...)

Kerry said...

Coby is just thriving so well. All these wonderful milestones coming so soon after being home! He is adorable and I can see exactly why you love taking photos of him.

Have a wonderful weekend with your kiddos.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Well I just knew God would give you another party animal like Annslee!!! What good would a nice quiet kid be at your house? I say this because the same is true for me! LOL

Coby, Auntie Kim says you can have your bottle as long as you want it;) Love you!

Sue said...

Such a cutie!!!! Great to read how wonderfully he is doing with all the love from jie jie, mama and baba!!! Sounds like things are going to be getting a little crazier now that he is ready to walk!!!

Sherry said...

I think his "faux-hawk" is just as cute! Hehehe! I'm just jealous that you already have a snow picture! Even if it was just a dusting. Every time it snows here it doesn't stick. What the?! Poor Kobi has no good snow pics yet! Ughh...

 
Site Meter