Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

15 month and 54 month check up

Coby had his 15 month check up today and Annslee went along. As he was weighed and measured of course Miss A had to get all of it done too so I guess she got her 54 month check up~ she didn't ask to get the shots with him though : )

When we first went back the head nurse, who usually doesn't weigh in babies, took us. She is Vietnamese and her family still lives in Saigon. We had a great chat about our time there and she gave us a good restaurant recommendation for here : )

Our pediatrician said Coby is doing GREAT...and he grew an inch in ONE month!! We still need to fatten him up some though. Here are his stats:

At 15 months:

your child is 20 pounds, and that is at less than the 3rd percentile for weight.

your child is 30 inches, and that is at the 14th percentile for height.

your child has a head circumference of 19 inches, and that is at the 77th percentile for head circumference.

I know he is still really little for his age but just look at the change he has made already in 4 short months!!

Saigon~ Dec. 2008

DSC_6249

Home~ April 2009

DSC_1131


Annslee wanted all her stats done too so here are hers:

At 4 years and 6 months:

your child is 40 pounds, and that is at the 69th percentile for weight.

your child is 40 inches, and that is at the 26th percentile for height.

At this age they don't do head circumference but of course Annslee wanted hers measured too and it is 20 inches : )

I took these pics last weekend and couldn't believe how much older she looks suddenly...where did my baby go!!!

DSC_1336

DSC_1343

She was such a great big sister at the doctor's office. I don't stay in the room for shots with my kids. I prefer to sweep in as the good guy and cuddle them when it is over. Just never was up for holding my child down for shots, especially the first round when we basically just met! With both my kids they bring in THREE nurses b/c they are both strong and fight the shots : )

So we went out into the hall but once Coby started screaming Annslee rushed back in. When I asked her about it later she said "I hold Coby's hand to help him" Awww...my baby girl!!

18 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

They are thriving now! And you are so right about Coby - it's not how much he weighs, but how much he's gaining!

Beth said...

She really does look older. And Coby is too cute, as always.

Chandra said...

Go Coby! He really does look amazing compared to just 4 months ago. I'm sure in another 4 months he won't even be recognizable!

In that first photo of Annslee, you can really see the gorgeous woman that she is going to grow up to be. She just looks stunning! She is turning into a beautiful girl (as opposed to beautiful baby I mean!).

Marla said...

Wow, that first shot of Annslee really does make her look grown up, she is just gorgeous! I agree with TM, it's all about him gaining at this point and it looks like he's doing great. What a cutie!

Patricia said...

They are growing STRONG, momma!!! Wonderful progress for Coby!!
And Miss A...what can I say...even in height & weight she & Miss K are the same! ;)

Scary how our little baby girls are BIG girls....that went soooooo FAST!!!

(I apologize if there are a zillion typos here, but my contact lenses are soooo blurry tonight!)

Connor Register said...

Hey...I am at a training for new computer software...but I promise to send u some pics soon...the kids look great! Miss y'all lots

my3 kids said...

Both your kids look great. If Coby is anything like our Kira he will be teeny tiny. Kira is Vietnamese and she is a tiny girl. Did you notice how much smaller the VN people are compared to the Chinese when you were there? We sure did.

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, what a huge difference in Coby from the first picture to the second. I love how healthy and happy he looks now!

And yep, your girl is looking awfully grown up too. Waaahhh!

Michelle R Photography said...

I can't believe how tiny he looked just a few short months ago. He may still be small, but he's growing and looks so healthy now!!

Keisha said...

Man,.. look at him.. he has filled out!! Precious!
Anslee, in the bottom pic looks like she is doing a Charlie's Angels move! LOL!! She is a mess! I love it!

Kristy said...

What a sweet big sister Miss A is, and that Coby is just the most handsome ever. And the changes in him are proof of what a great Mommy they have!
Love, Kristy

Stacie said...

I can't believe how fast these girls are growing up, we showed Lauren the video of China and the girls were all so tiny. Coby looks so good.

Ashley said...

Wow I didn't realize how much he had changed in the last 4 months.

Have you checked his weight percentile on the Vietnamese growth chart. The doctor at the adoption clinic here told me to look at Kennedy's weight according to the Vietnamese chart rather than the US chart. Sure enough she fell in the 50th percentile on that one.

Missy said...

Look at how much bigger and healthier Coby is now. What a little love! And, time slow down! Annslee needs to stay little for longer! Hugs and hope my peanut isn't giving Mark a run for his money :) We missed you last night. Please come with me next time!

mommy24treasures said...

he is looking so healthy! He has the best sweetest sister!:)

Alyson and Ford said...

They are doing wonderful!! Great progress, look at the happiness!

(BTW, at 24 months our AA was 19 pounds; she is 31 months old and weighs 25 pounds).

What a difference each month makes!


Alyzabeth's Mommy for Seven Months!

Anonymous said...

coby looks great!
Elia weighs 22 pounds at 26 months old!! haha

Rydley said...

What a difference in Coby! Good for you! He is just a picture of glowing health now!

 
Site Meter