Well, yesterday we went to see the ventriloquist and met up with friends. We were a little late but you know Miss A marched up and sat in front. She and Sarah had such fun watching the show

Then Crystal (the ventriloquist) brought out a bird and said she wanted to teach it to sing but needed help. Annslee threw both hands in the air and I thought would jump out of her skin trying to get picked. I couldn't believe it..she was chosen and twice in one week!!! Now I was excited for her but a little nervous as Crystal asked "can you sing twinkle twinkle little star?" As a mommy to a girl with a huge speech delay having her up there in front of all those people to sing a solo made my stomach turn as I hoped she could do it.
No worries, my cutie belted it out! She was told to only do three or four words at a time then the bird would "repeat" it

Of course the bird then repeated it loudly and incorrectly which made Annslee cackle!! I am so sorry I didn't have my video camera as the pictures do not do justice to her laughter and how animated she was about the whole thing!


After the performance Crystal thanked her and then said to me later "I definitely picked the right helper~ she was sooo cute"



She LOVED every minute in the spotlight and is still talking about it!! I think watching her yesterday was one of my favorite Mommy Moments ever!! I am so proud of how far my sweet girl (who literally had 10 words at 3 yrs old) has come. I can't wait to see what she will do with all her "personality" : )






19 comments:
How fun for Annslee!!! Way to go! Getting up in front of so many people can be hard... but not for your little ham. :) (Love her dress too.)
Annslee is SO like my Tongginator!!! Just be sure she doesn't run up on stage when she's not supposed to, unlike some people (the Tongginator). My lands, SOME people just don't parent their children well (Tonggu Momma).
Way to go Annslee. The pictures are great, I love her dress. The library is such a great resource, it is such a shame that here in Ohio they are considering cutting our funding.
This has got to be one of the cutest posts and pictures I have ever seen!!!!
Aw, that brought tears to my eyes, thinking about Annslee up there singng. You have every right to be proud- she has come a long way!
We just started going to story time a couple of weeks ago. I am afraid Aiden is going to be banned because he won't sit still and almost gave the lady doing it today a heart attack.
That is the biggest smile ever!!!
Good for her, she looks so excited!
Wow, so beautiful! I would put one of those pictures in the dictionary beside 'joy'! If only you could bottle that and send some to a few cranky people I know
She has the most awesome personality!! I am still a little bummed I never got to meet this little firecracker in person. I love how she has her little hand over her mouth.....just darling;)
I know she was in HEAVEN!!! You can tell from the photos. She and Ellie would get along great -- they both have such huge personalities!! Have you taken her to see Cinderella, the marionette show, at the downtown library. She would LOVE it!!
She is absolutely darling, you can't resist her. Her dress is beautiful.
oh such cuteness!!!!
She is such a ittle light. ALWAYS SHINING:)
Yay for Annslee! And what a proud moment for your mama!
These are the cutest pictures ever! What a star!!
I am having trouble seeing photos on Blogger (not just your site), but am bummed I can't see these latest pics. I bet Annslee was the star of the show!
And of course, Coby, not only gets an exception, but a fast pass into the Girls' Club. :)
Have a great week!
Library time rocks and your pics are gorgeous
LOL!! I just love how animated she is!!!!!
I kid you not.. she could pass for a WALKER child! lol! ;)
She is a Doll!
Finally checking in - it's been way too long - and what a first post to find! Annslee is such a beautiful little girl. And Coby is as handsome as ever! I must admit, I do think they look a lot alike, but twins? The height difference pretty much gives that one away!
Hey, we'll be down your way in a couple weeks. Heading to Gatlinburg for some R&R.
We've been spending a lot of time at our library this summer, too. Love this story and the photos to go with it, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment