Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 11, 2006

Sad but true..

Our daughter will never grow up in a pre 9/11 world. She will never know what it feels like for that date to be just another beautiful September day to go outside and play. She will always feel that sense of “we are not totally safe anymore” that we all now know. Of course we are not living in the Middle East and feel like we can’t walk down the street without the fear of a bomb but we did all lose a sense of total innocence on that day five years ago. It doesn’t really matter which side of the political fence you are on. We are all Americans and we all love our country. Annslee is now among that population of American citizens and I hope she will be proud of that.
I think we all remember where we were on that September morning. I was driving to work listening to “Rick and Bubba” when they said that one of the World Trade Towers was on fire. They then went on to talk about something else, not knowing the gravity of the situation. I got to work and called Mark to tell him to turn on the news and find out what was going on. For those of you who don’t know, Mark loves skyscrapers and he had been to the WTT so I knew he would be interested. He then watched in horror as the second plane hit. We all crowded around the TV here at work and learned that the Pentagon was hit. It was at that time we felt under attack. I just remember that all I wanted to do was go home! Now that I have a child I cannot imagine what those of you with children were feeling. I know most of you weren’t with them and it must have been an overwhelming feeling to want to rush to hold them in your arms.
On this day of remembering I think of the families who lost loved ones and am grateful for my husband and daughter…I need to hug them extra tight tonight.

No comments:

 
Site Meter