Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I can still remember...

One year ago today we were getting on an airplane to fly to Beijing to meet our beautiful daughter. I remember being nervous and excited and thinking surely we had forgotten to pack something. This year we were thinking of voting, getting her fed, bathing her and putting her to bed. What a difference a year makes.

Here is my journal entry from last year written hours before we boarded the plane.

This is IT!!! November 07, 2005

We are all packed and ready to go get Annslee!! I can't believe that in a few short hours we will be on a flight around the world to meet our daughter. Mark and I both have been very emotional today and I know it will only get worse so watch out for our photos from China..you may see some tears.

This has been such a long process and I know many of you have been on the journey with us and we are so grateful for that. After months of paperwork, then more months of waiting and finally having to stare at her photo for 10 long weeks we will FINALLY hold her very soon.

For those of you keeping track: We will meet Annslee on Monday morning the 14th (China time) so that will be Sunday night for all you Westerners. That means when you check the site next Monday you will see her in our arms! I Buckle up... the journey is getting started.

1 comment:

Connor Register said...

That journal is so similar to mine. Excited, nervous, worried, scared, anxious, and....HAPPY! The time was finally here! Huey and I had never been outside of the US, so all that was new too.

I couldn't wait to hold Mikayla after having stared at every pixel of the 3 (measely) pictures we had. Now I have hundreds of her and still can't get enough! What an amazing year!

And...for you three, next year promises to be amazing as well. I can't wait to share in your joy as Annslee becomes a big sister!

Love ya lots!
Linda

 
Site Meter