The weather was a balmy 65 the day they arrived so we got some good ole' southern BBQ and went to the park to enjoy the afternoon. The older kids had a game of tag and poor Joe got stuck taking the two youngest down the slide over and over!

Here is our attempt at a group photo...ha ha

Danny was very nice to read Blue's Clues a few times to the girls

We did manage a picture of the four youngest..and usually least cooperative
On Saturday we headed to the Science Center and it was a great time. There was something for everyone and so the kids ran wild. It was fun watching them enjoy everything. We all stuck together for a while then Michelle and I took the girls down to the toddler area so they could play together. Actually, they chose to mainly ignore one another or Annslee would try to aggravate poor JiaLi.

One of the exhibits they had up was all about ice and snow. That gave the kids the chance to throw "snow" at one another. Poor Annslee was at a disadvantage..hey, they actually get snow where they live. I think they all got plenty on them and we will be cleaning it out of our cars for a while

Annslee stood still for a brief second so I could snap a picture
We came home, ate and rested then headed back out to do some rock climbing and to see Elvis. Annslee and JiaLi watched all the big kids (including Joe) climb the wall. Of course once Edward was done he was Annslee's buddy again. Then we walked around and ran into Elvis!!! I think Jenise did a great impression of him. Maybe she needs to move here and become a STAR!

On Sunday it was time for the big game. Unfortunately the weather did NOT cooperate so I didn't get a lot of photos. The Titans needed a lot to happen to get in the playoffs and it all did..except one :( Good for our friends from Boston..bad for us..but we love them anyway (the Maddens that is)

Finally it was time to ring in the new year. We did some fireworks in the cul de sac and the kids had a blast (ha ha...no pun intended) We would shoot off a bottle rocket and then a few houses over would trump us with a real ligth show but our kids liked ours best..so ha ha on them!

We interupt this sweet family weekend for a tacky photo. Here are the "spoils" of our fireworks show...hey, we didn't have a coke bottle..but it worked just as well. Of course Joe helped me "stage" it in our trashcan and get the lighting just right. We really are easily amused I guess ; )

Once we were back in the house it was time to dress up for our parade. I have this on video and will download that later.

To say we had a great time would be a huge understatement. It was so much fun having 6 kids running around and Annslee adored it. I really think she would like a big brother over a little sister. I forgot how much we LOVE our China buddies and we can't wait to see them again soon.







5 comments:
Looks like everyone had a BLAST!
wow, sorry we missed out on the fun, we'll see you at the end of the month.
Thank you so much for such a great weekend!! We can't say that enough. Thank you for letting us all stay--we all felt so welcome!! The kids cannot wait for you to visit!! They keep asking when you are coming;) I am now charging my camera battery(I forgot a charger) and when it's ready I'll post some pictures-I can't wait to put together our Tennessee scrapbook:)
Thank you--we can't even put into words how much fun we had!!!
Love The Maddens
Y'all look like you had a great time! Seeing all the pictures and fun makes us miss y'all even more!
I am so glad you were able to spend the holiday together! We just wish we could have been there, too!
Linda
wow--now that sounds like a fun weekend! We can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment