Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Brought to you by the letter P

P is for Panda! Now that Annslee can say panda she likes to point them out to us. When I saw these photos, sent by Mikayla's mama, I had to smile. They are just the cutest little things. Annslee has a stuffed panda that her cousin Payton gave her before we even had our referral. Honestly, it has been sitting on top of her bookshelf ever since and only got attention as we turned out the lights each night. As part of our very long bedtime ritual she would always reach up, touch its toes and I would say "nite nite panda" then she would turn off the light (usually with her foot ) However, now that she says panda he is off the bookshelf and actually gets a big hug and kiss each night...lucky guy!

SICHUAN, China

One zoo in southwest China has its hands full with 16 baby pandas.

The Sichuan Wolong Panda Protection and Breed Center is dealing with the results of a breeding boom -- 16 pandas have been born since July, 2006. The brood includes five sets of twins. The cubs are weighed and measured every five days. The heaviest tips the scale at just over 24 pounds, while the lightest weighs about 11 pounds.


The pandas are due to stop suckling by February, 2007 just about the time they'll start learning to walk. Once weaned, the panda cubs will attend panda kindergarten. In the meantime, more little ones are expected at the center since 38 giant pandas were artificially impregnated.









And here, for your viewing pleasure, is a photo of Annslee's pandas. This was a picture we used in our dossier for China so her room was a lot neater then than it is now.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

OH!! I love the pandas. How cute!!

Rachel said...

Those baby pandas are SO adorable! And I know what you mean about the clean room...it never looks the same again does it? It's a good thing those little mess makers are so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Pandas were my favorite when I was little. I totally want to take one of those guys home with me.

Karianne said...

Lala, Thank you soooo much for your comment on my "I can't do this" post. It makes me want to cry. And then, I go to your blog and your photos with your babe make me tear up too. Thank you for the support. Check back later on this week or early next as I'm going to be putting out a support plea to help me through next week. My stomach hurts with it all.

 
Site Meter