Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Real Beauty

Being a girl is sometimes tough especially during the teen years. How much tougher is it when being a girl may be the only reason you were abandoned? How much tougher is it when you don't look like your mom and dad? How much tougher will it be for Annslee? I have to admit the beautiful girl who "wants to be a blonde" probably touched me the most. When will she notice my hair is not the same as hers? When will she notice her eyes are not green or blue like mine and dad's? What can we do to build up her self esteem? I know all too well that we are currently living in a dream world where we are just mom, dad and daughter but there will be questions. Some of the difficult times ahead will have nothing to do with being adopted or Chinese. All girls, at least all the girls I knew, went through times of self doubt, loneliness, confusion, etc... Annslee will too and we will be there holding her hand and raising her up. We want her to know how truly awesome she is!



During some searching I found this...it is the Singapore version of the same commercial!



Just for your information...yes, all my 80's friends this is the Cyndi Lauper song and it was sung on this commercial by the Nassau County Girl Scout troop. The commercial aired during the 2006 Super Bowl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those; both of them. Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

I loved that commercial when I first saw it, I didn't realize they had the Asian version. How weird though that it's from Singapore and all in English!

Tracy

Nesting For Natalie said...

Your daughter is a doll! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on real beauty!

Amy

 
Site Meter