Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 08, 2007

An early Valentine present

Well, it wasn't the ideal location but who cares. Last night as she went "poo poo in the potty" my sweet girl said I Love You!!! We constantly say it to her and we use the motions..you know point to yourself saying I , hug yourself saying Love and then point to the other person saying You. Well, she did/said it to ME!!! Dada wasn't here to witness it so I got out the video camera (yes, we got off the potty first) and I had her do it again a couple of times so Dada could see it when he got home.

You need to understand that she really isn't talking much. At 28 months she is saying less than 20 words and they aren't all very clear. We spend most days hearing only Mama, Dada, off, ooff (the dogs), ice (ice cream), hi, purple, orange, and really not much else. She has a lot of signs, she does sounds for all the animals and "sings" the Elmo song...but her vocabulary is definitely lacking. We are having her speech re-evaluated. We had it done last year but she was literally "off the charts" in her developmental, social and adaptive skills so they thought she would catch up fine in her speech. Let me also say that we are not concerned that she won't talk..we always say "no one goes to Kindergarten not talking, not walking and not potty trained" We know that kids do things at different times but we do want to get her help if we can. I know she is frustrated sometimes and so are we.

BUT...she said I LOVE YOU...so for now...that is enough!!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay, I have to admit, I teared up a little at this post. I am so happy that she said I love you and I can only imagine how happy and loved you must feel. Precious!

Steffie B. said...

For awhile, I felt like Sophia was the same way. I put drops in her ears for the wax build up, and although I never really saw anthing "fall out" her speech took off a week later. I'm taking her in this month to get her ears cleaned out as well. Just a thought.....maybe you've already been down that road. Just thought I'd share! ;)

Jennifer said...

Yes, now that IS sweetness! What precious words to hear from Annslee. I'm so glad you were able to capture those words on video. That clip will be a cherished treasure when she's all grown up!!! Thanks for sharing...it made my heart smile!

Rachel said...

That is so sweet. What a great mommy moment! I wouldn't worry too much about speech...kids are all different. One day she'll start talking up a storm and never stop! :)

Michelle said...

Those are the best words ever--thanks for sharing and melting our hearts!!

Mamatini said...

*sigh* Love those moments that make you feel like your cup runneth over.

And as far as the language development, "I love you" is a sentence, so - pfft! - she's way past the word thing!

Dianna said...

Those are the only words she needs to know (other than ice cream, of course *lol*). Anna has just started talking a lot in the last two or three months (she's 33 months old now). It's completely different from our older daughter, Natalie. She started talking early and never stopped!

Jana said...

That is the best present ever! Love the occasion she chose to say it : ) Hope to see you soon!!

Kelly said...

that is hallmark moment for sure...had me in tears! I think its wise to have another check with a speech/hearing specialist, but I wouldn't be too worried. Some kids are "talk-a'holics" and some kids aren't. My niece was a chatter box, my nephew really struggled for awhile with speech...but after some therapy, he soon "caught up" and at 14 he has no problem letting people know what is on his mind.

Connor Register said...

Mikayla says, "Uv Oooo." Not the clearest, but we know what she is saying. And they are very precious words. I am so happy that Annslee can finally say what has been in her eyes for a very long time now.

Love y'all,
Linda

S. said...

That is great! She is just beautiful and I love seeing her pics. I cannot say enough great things about the dvds from signingtime.com--I am sure she will be talking more soon, but in the meantime, it so cool for them to be able to sign...my son has over 100 signs, and his big sister also loves learning them. They are so well made, and the best part is unlike other kids videos, the songs are not annoying at all! You won't mind if they get stuck in your head! So even though it sounds like she is really close to talking, I still think there could be great benefits to using sign language.

3 Peanuts said...

Yeah! So sweet. That is the best! I look forward to the day I hear/see my daughter tell me she loves me!

 
Site Meter