
I have "met" a lot of great families through adoption. We have a common bond in the wait and then we share with each other as we grow our families. Some I have come to know through their blogs/websites, some on the Yahoo boards and a few I have been lucky enough to meet in person. We are even close friends with a couple of families we have met "online" and our children are playmates. All of that said, a few of these families could really use your thoughts and prayers right now. Please go over to their websites and leave them an encouraging word in the comments too.
My friend Susan got her referral in December and still doesn't have travel dates. She is obviously anxious to go get her daughter. Kelly is trying to make some tough decisions about her path to her child and could use your thoughts. My fellow Lovebug Lisa (we were in the same DTC group for China back in 2005) needs her TA to go get her son Brady who has been waiting for her for a long time. An online buddy named Jane should have already received her referral but it was delayed and so they are still waiting. An amazing family I have followed has six children and they are waiting to bring their seventh child home and you will be blessed reading what Karen writes about their lives together. Finally you must take a look at Amy's blog. She and her family have booked their flights and hotels in China to go get their daughter and it is a huge leap of faith because they do not have their TA (travel approval) yet. They live in Germany and due to rules about their other children travelling they must go now or wait until June. They are willing to take the chance so they can bring their daughter home now.
My friend Susan got her referral in December and still doesn't have travel dates. She is obviously anxious to go get her daughter. Kelly is trying to make some tough decisions about her path to her child and could use your thoughts. My fellow Lovebug Lisa (we were in the same DTC group for China back in 2005) needs her TA to go get her son Brady who has been waiting for her for a long time. An online buddy named Jane should have already received her referral but it was delayed and so they are still waiting. An amazing family I have followed has six children and they are waiting to bring their seventh child home and you will be blessed reading what Karen writes about their lives together. Finally you must take a look at Amy's blog. She and her family have booked their flights and hotels in China to go get their daughter and it is a huge leap of faith because they do not have their TA (travel approval) yet. They live in Germany and due to rules about their other children travelling they must go now or wait until June. They are willing to take the chance so they can bring their daughter home now.
My friend Tracy is leaving for Vietnam to meet their son Jack in a few days. I know they could use your prayers as they travel with their two year old to get her baby brother.
I know there are many other families who could use your positive comments, thoughts and prayers. These are just a few I follow. To cover all the bases go ahead and say a prayer for every child in the world waiting to find their family and every family waiting to find their child. It truly is a miracle how we all come together!
I also have an online buddy, Maggie who is currently expecting her first child. She requested people leave a comment about the BEST part of being someone's mommy or daddy. I know all of us who have children may find it difficult to find one best thing...but head on over to her site and let her know what you think! Her posts are well written and it proves I don't just read adoption sites : )
To get to a site just click on the name and it will take you there : )
I know there are many other families who could use your positive comments, thoughts and prayers. These are just a few I follow. To cover all the bases go ahead and say a prayer for every child in the world waiting to find their family and every family waiting to find their child. It truly is a miracle how we all come together!
I also have an online buddy, Maggie who is currently expecting her first child. She requested people leave a comment about the BEST part of being someone's mommy or daddy. I know all of us who have children may find it difficult to find one best thing...but head on over to her site and let her know what you think! Her posts are well written and it proves I don't just read adoption sites : )
To get to a site just click on the name and it will take you there : )






5 comments:
Thank you! What a beautiful idea for a post, so heartfelt. I am off to check out the links. :)
Beautiful post. I have been so blessed by the support that I received from others through my blog. I will definitely visit the sites you have listed here and try to leave some supportive comments.
Thank you for this post! I already appreciate you thinking about me and sending up prayers on my behalf, but I appreciate you even more because you're now soliciting thoughts and prayers from others. To Lala and all her faithful readers, thank you!
(You're definitely right about meeting great people -- and you're one of them!)
I'm so excited for Maggie.
I'm glad to be one of your adoption connections. I'll be checking out your other buds this week and sending them some cyber cheers!
You are so sweet to take the time to make this post. I will try to check out each link.
Post a Comment