drink the remaining milk straight from the bowl when the cereal is done. She was enjoying her fruity cheerios (less sugar than fruit loops) and when it was gone I told her to drink the milk in the bowl. She bent her head down and tried to do it that way...guess she has only seen dogs drink from a bowl ; ) So I had to go over and show her how to pick it up to do it the "correct" way...of course she thought it was hilarious and asked for more!

Another childhood must is running through the sprinkler. When we were in Charlotte Aunt Stacy told us to take Dora home with us as it didn't work well with her hose....seems to work fine here


* ok..notice her hair at breakfast...does anyone else's child wake up with a rat's nest in the back of her head every morning??!!
24 comments:
Spicy Girl has a bowl with a straw connected. She drinks her milk through the straw. If she doesn't have that bowl, she just asks for a straw. Boring, I know. LOL. Love the water pictures!!
Oh, btw, I wake up with the nest on the back of my head every morning...still.
Yup...that sugar-sweetened milk is certainly delish!!! And sprinklers are definitely a back-yard must!!! Love the Dora sprinkler - have to skip showing Josie + Brynn that photo or they'll be jealous!!!
You kiddo has the best enjoy-life-to-the-fullest pictures whenever you post them.
I just see JOY.
so funny she tried to drink like a dog first! How cute is that!
Even with the pool, my kids love to run through the sprinkler - I agree - a total childhood MUST!
My kids all drink from the bowl - it's a rite of passage. I did buy them the straw bowls this weekend just for fun and they thought it was the best invention ever!
Annslee is just a delight! Her sweet face makes me smile everytime I see it!
Love that picture where she's looking up at the water shooting out of the sprinkler (or watching it come down, I don't know!)
And both my girls have total bed head in the morning, too!
yes, my baby girl has that rat's nest on the back of the head each morning. I try to comb it out before we take her day care lest the teachers think I am an unfit mom but some days it's harder to comb out than others. Thanks for sharing.
christina
Awe, totally sweet pictures of Annslee drinking her cereal milk. (My husband actually still does this and I do NOT find it endearing. I keep reminding him that he is forty-four, not six!)
Linlee also wakes up with the rats nest in the back of her head each morning. What on earth are they doing during the night?
yes, Lauren has the rats nest look every morning also. I cannot get her to eat cereal with milk in it, she likes them both but they have to be seperated. cereal in a bowl & milk in a cup.
Drinking milk from the bowl is a must:) Annslee's hair is getting so long--the girls have rat's nest galore here:) Love the sprinkler pictures---I wish they would come up with magic transport so we could get together more:)
OH my goodness!! I thought my daughter was the only child waking up with a rat's nest...a full head rat's nest!! lol! Try CVS (or any drug store brand) detangler...works MIRACLES!!!!
Love the photos!!
Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a sweetie from Hubei
We use that Loreal for kids in the awesome berry scents and the girls never have tangles. Now, I used to use that purple Johnson's shampoo but it didn't condition enough and their hair seemed dry. As always, she is such a little cutie patootie...
Sienna doesn't even have that much hair, but the back of it is always fuzzy in the morning. I recently tried specifically conditioning it-no real help.
love the subject of this post. great idea.
yep Caitlyn has a little bit of a rats nest in the mornings. We use infusium leave in spray....
we have to conserve water here right now. no sprinklers :(
She is so adorable! Eli drinks his milk out of the bowl too.
Can you believe I ate ALL my cereal dry until a couple of years ago? Rice crispies, Special K, you name it. NO MILK.
Sure does look like Dora was a hit! Pure joy in those pictures!
Lily insists on eating her cereal DRY. So, I'll have to WAIT to teach her that trick.
And,yes! Lily's hair looks the same way in the morning.
The Dora sprinkler is awesome!
Annslee is such a sweetie..it looks like she has alot of fun. I noticed your adopting from Vietnam and I wanted to tell you we have a daughter from Vietnam as well as a daughter from China. You will love Vietnam...we sure enjoyed our time there:) Best wishes.
Janice
Yes...every one must learn how to drink the rest of the milk from the cereal out of the bowl! Way too funny!
Cute pictures... you know we love the sprinkler here in Saint Louis, a must for the hot summers.
YES... Bed Head! as in Rat's Nest... Josie has that too. And to me it's funny. You'd think that with the fine thin hair that she has, it wouldn't be all knotted up. But it is.
That Dora sprinkler looks like so much fun! And yes, we have horrible morning hair here, too. (mommy included)
She's adorable and we totally deal with the rat's nest hair thing in the a.m....will read through comments to see if anyone has advice on how to deal with it other than washing hair or attempting to put it up in a ponytail!lol
Julie
I think rats nest are imminent. LOL! Kobi's got 1 every morning with only a centimeter of hair. Im like what the??
Post a Comment