We love our pediatrician! Doctor Johnson is so wonderful and really loves the kids. She never makes Annslee get "on the table" and always lets her sit in her lap and play on her laptop while we chat. I never feel rushed and she always puts me at ease. Even with all this, Annslee does scream when we first go back because she knows she will be weighed and measured and she cannot stand that part. Hey, I don't blame her! At 32 months old she weighs 32 pounds and is 34.75 inches tall. For all you stat rats that puts her in the 75th percentile for weight and the 18th percentile for height. At her two year checkup she was in the 78th for weight and 10th for height so she is starting to "even out" it looks like : )
We went so she could get a written recommendation for speech therapy since apparently our Early Childhood Intervention cannot seem to get their act together. I could rant on and on about their ridiculous screening process but suffice it to say we will probably not receive any help until she turns 3 and the school system takes over. Mama bear is not happy but my hands are tied. Anyway, hopefully she will suddenly catch up on her own and we will no longer need to worry about this...hey, she is such a prodigy in every other area afterall : )
Here she is with her favorite doctor


Here is what we saw in the neighbor's yard the other morning.....

13 comments:
There must be a theme going on here - this is about the 5th comment I have read recently about Early Intervention. It is really upsetting me - we should talk. Before Mommyhood, I was an EI specialist for our county and there are laws in place that provide service for you - and in a timely manner. Here in GA it is called Babies Can't Wait (for birth-2) and obviously the school system in ages 3-5. I used it for Robbie when he had speech issues and she came to our house 2x week. Since there are only 2 months before Annslee's birthday, it is important to have services start on her 3rd birthday so have her tested by the school system before so everything can be in place. Sorry for the long post - i should just email you. It just makes me so irritated to hear all of this happening so often!!!!!!!!!!
Lauren was in speech therapy from November to March through Children's Healthcare of Atlanta because babies can't wait couldn't get to us with their caseload. Why don't you check with the international adoption clinic at Vanderbilt and see what they can do ? Lauren's pediatrician was there before we moved to Georgia. Her name is Alice Rothman.
You probably don't remember me, I emailed once before about a soft tea set. Anyway, I have been following your blog and have been enjoying all the Annslee antics, thanks for sharing. We are trying to enroll our daughter in EI for speech as well. It's taking very long and just to get evaluated the wait list is 2-3 months. By that time she will be turning 3 very soon. It amazes me sometimes how inefficient things can be. Good luck to you! Hang in there.
Christina
I took doctor pictures with S.G. at her 4 year well check...4 shots. Thankfully we haven't had to go in a while. Cute pictures.
Those are the best doctor/ kiddo photos I've ever seen. Kobi is know where near that happy around his doc:)
Boy was I glad to see Annslee's stats! Our daughter (& you & I emailed about this before!) just got her 2.5 checkup & weighs in at THE SAME weight as Annslee & height of 34.5"...she is also from Hubei! ;) So, there IS hope of evening out! ;)
As far as the EI...yikes!! What a disgrace! Hang in there & keep plugging away at it! In the meantime, she just might catch up all on her own! You're in my thoughts & prayers!
Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a sweetie from Hubei
Wow, you hit the jackpot finding a doc your kid really loves!
Great pictures...Lily also has a wonderful doctor and I adore her. Makes life much easier, doesn't it?
First off...I love the phots of her in the car and I also love the photos of her kissing the dog! (she reminds me so much of Francesca...I never seem to get a picture of her in the car because I am driving most of the time lol, but I am going to have to try).
Anyway, if you get a chance can you please email me about Annslee speech therapy? I would love to hear more about the subject. I have a few questions..if you don't mind. I know this week is crazy for some people...so you just drop me a line letting me know when it is ok to "talk". Thanks!
Let me say..EI is really stepping up to the plate where we live. Kate was assessed very quickly and is starting to receive services. I hope you get this sorted out easily!
My 10 year old is 53 inches tall and 53 pounds. The pediatrician called him a square! Last year, he was 52 and 52!
Kim
Hey
I can't believe the process--it amazes me the difference between states to receive EI. All we had to do was get a M.D. referral and they were in our home testing. I even think if I called and said I was questioning her development, they would at least evaluate and find where she stands. The limit is 3 months for us to receive. Hope you had a great 4th! Can't wait to see pictures--none from us-broken camera:(
I just love the picture in the doctors office where Annslee has her feet up ... so relaxed and sweet!
Sorry to hear about the frustrations. There really is nothing more infuriating than knowing your child needs help and the qualified people won't give it.
We've seen lots of wildlife around our place lately. In fact, Rick just got a picture of a baby skunk tonight on our walk, and last night got pictures of two baby deer and two hawks. I guess we've got our own little zoo around here - and I don't mean the one inside our house :)
Post a Comment