Apparently Annslee was doing flips over it too...ha ha

A few people have asked about Malia so I thought I would give a little update. I usually do all that on her website (there is a link on here) simply because we will get a CD of it for her to keep like we did with Annslee. We have been logged in now for a little over 3 months. As you may know from reading that journal we got our 171H last November so we should have been logged in sometime in January but there were meetings in Vietnam and one thing led to another...so here we are. Our agency has only received one referral so far (on July 2nd) but they are hopeful more are on the way soon. The earliest we would get a referral is mid August but it could be much later. Unlike it was with China, we will have no warning that it is coming so you can all be surprised with us : )
Yes, we are very busy with Miss Annslee but are also very anxious to have our second child home. I know there is always the argument about whether it is easier the second time around..believe me, waiting stinks no matter how many kidlets you already have keeping you busy. The wait is different this time though. I haven't shopped (gasp...) like I did waiting for Annslee. By this time in the wait for her I had tons of clothes, toys, etc... I have bought exactly 3 things for Malia and they all involve Annslee. She has a big sister/little sister frame (hmm...does that even count?), a bib announcing her love for Annslee and matching St. Pat shirts for next year (packed away so no photo)

I did help the Easter Bunny pick out some things just for her at Easter so maybe that will help me feel less guilty ; ) The pig was b/c we think she will be born in the year of the pig and the cross reads:
Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here for an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life. ~ Maureen Hawkins

So here I am a year later with almost 26,000 hits on my blog meter...thanks for hanging in with us!! Oh, and go over and give your congrats to JiaLi's family. She is Annslee's Qichun sister and now they are heading to Vietnam too for their sixth blessing!






12 comments:
I still hope we get to meet one day.
I so love your blog!
Well I pray for your adotpion of Malia all the time!
Kim
The wait is no fun no matter how many kids you have! We keep thinking of you all and can't wait to meet Malia--I know, you can't wait even more but we are just so excited--come on Referral!!!
It's your fault too that we blog:)
Thank You for that:)
Happy 1 year. I love the quote at the end of your post.
God's Speed to your baby girl.
OK girl... Whats this about little shopping?? I will just have to take Kobi on a road trip, meet you & remedy this problem:) LOL! I cant wait to hear word of your future ref & see all the amazing pics you will surely take in Vietnam! Here's hoping your ref of Malia comes soon & get that Annslee on a Coppertone commercial already! She just so cute! :)
Woo0hoo for 1 whole year.
I think we need some sort of blogger reunion...any ideas?
See you Friday! ;)
So excited we can join you on your journey to Malia! Also love the pee pee'ng outside story! Bet it was quite comical!!
happy 1 year!
You really need to start shopping!;)
Happy 1 Year Anniversary ;) Can't wait for our kids to play together at VN Culture Camp!
Happy 1 year blog anniversary. I hope the wait isn't too much longer for you.
Laura, I wonder about your progress to Malia all the time. I can't wait until the day that we see a referral on your blog. I didn't shop as much for AnnaClaire as I had for Allie. No need, we had way more than enough! I visited the blgs of some of your VN friends and now I have the bug. OH NO!
Yep the wait is hard no matter how many little one's you have.
From the second you decide you want another child is when the timer starts..
Anyway happy 1 year blogging anniversary!
Post a Comment