Some of our friends and travelmates are doing the Boston Marathon! Yep, you read that correctly! Annslee and their daughter JiaLi were in the same SWI and we spent over 2 of the most important weeks of our lives in China together.
Here is the email I received from them tonight:
Hello Everyone,
First I hope this email finds you well. Second, I normally don't send emails like this. However, this cause is special and important to me. Each of us in some way or another has been touched by this terrible disease. Michelle has been walking the Jimmy Fund Boston Marathon fund raising walk for the past NINE years!!! I have decided this year to join her in this important and ambitious fundraising event, (hopefully I survive).
We have decided to do this together and Danny has asked to join in the walking. So, we are walking to help beat this terrible disease. The details, On Sunday, Sept. 16 2007, we will join more than 7,000 walkers in the 19th Annual Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk. The event has a fundraising goal of $6 million to help find better ways to treat and prevent cancer in children and adults.
This is a nasty, nasty disease that touches everyone. You don't have to think too hard to come up with someone close that has been fighting or has passed away because of this disease. Please help fight this awful disease. Donate what you can, every little bit helps. To make it easy, you can donate on line by linking to the site right from here: Team Fran
I hope you will support our efforts by contributing to this very worthy cause. Your generous gift enables Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to provide compassionate care while continuing its research to improve the chances of survival for cancer patients worldwide. By supporting our walk, you are helping to end cancer.
Sincerely and Thankfully,
Joe
If you would like to support their cause and help wipe out cancer you can go here to donate or go to their family website on my sidebar. As some of you may or may not know, I lost my dad to cancer last year and my grandmother to it six years ago so it is a cause close to my heart.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Laura
Thanks for sharing this
We will be thinking of you when we walk.
Michelle
I will check it out.
Love your blog look !
Hi There,
I am also mom to a little cutie adopted from China and happened upon your blog while surfing today and wondered from what province your daughter was adopted. Our daughter was adopted from Jiangxi province in 2005 and they share a very strong resemblance. I am sure it is nothing, but was just curious as to the province? Our daughter just turned 3 and is an adorable, charming spitfire...
Thanks,
Cathy
I just realized that the previous message did not link to my blog...hopefully this one does. You can email me at cathyanddirk@gmail.com.
I'll have to check it out. What a wonderful cause. BTW-Love your header.
Hi Laura...tips on Disney...we called almost everyday to see if they were running any specials. Finally, back in mid summer, we heard that Disney was going to offer their meal plan for free...so we jumped on it! That alone was a saving of almost $800 for us (seing how we are paying for my mom's trip as well). Best advise, call Disney yourself, see what price you can get and call your travel agent and see what price they can get. You'll be surprised at the difference it can be. Keep me posted on how you make out!
(find out too from your travel agent if they know of any special offers that Disney will be offering when you are planning to go...or around when you are thinking of going...You may have to tweek your planned time to get the specials. We were supposed to go from Sept 23 - 30, but if we changed it from 22-29 we got the free meal plan.)
Also, book where and when you want to eat while at Disney. Last year, we didn't know that with their new meal plan, that so many of the places we wanted to go, were all booked up (Chef Mickey's, Winnie The Pooh breakfast at Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Feast, Aloha Lilo & Stitch buffet...and the list goes on). So once your dates are set, start booking your meals. If you have any questions, just drop me a line. I hope this helps....
What a wonderful cause!
Post a Comment