Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 15, 2007

My old stomping ground

On Saturday we went to Homecoming at Carson-Newman, my Alma Mater. It was a beautiful day and such a fun time. Hubby always laughs because we get to park right beside the stadium and easily walk anywhere. It is quite a change from when we go to a game at his Alma Mater (UT).

Here we are in front of my dorm. I was trying to explain to her that Mama lived here when I was in college. She kept saying "Daddy??" I told her no he couldn't live here..no co-ed dorms at CNC ; ) Later she would point and say "Anns?" and I told her that yes she could live there someday. Hey, better than letting my baby go off to UT where there is way too much partying!!



I didn't have a CNC shirt for her so we headed to the bookstore and got her one. She of course ditched the bow too so now all the pics have hair in her face LOL We got her a little nerf soccer ball too and she and daddy had fun playing. It is not often we go anywhere without her wanting us to buy another ball..I have no idea how many we have at home! *click on any collage to enlarge to see her crazy expressions better


During our visit to the bookstore she saw this Eagle. I was trying to 'prep' her for seeing the mascot Eagle b/c he is kind of scary looking. She liked this one and notice she has her binoculars

We found a spot to watch the parade and a puppy found someone who liked getting kisses : ) For those of you who love her crazy expressions..here is a fix for you! These made me think of pictures I had of her from last year..go here to check them out but come back here because there is more to see of course...



She cheered for the parade to start. She had never been to a parade so I don't think she knew what to expect but she saw the fire truck and was ready!



These pictures do not capture her parade experience. She could not believe what was happening, people were throwing candy at her!!! She probably was thinking why haven't you people taken me to a parade before now?



At the game we finally saw the real Eagle...she was NOT happy about it. Seriously, I think I have claw marks on my neck (and not from the Eagle) I need to try and get her to make her Eagle face for a pic...she snarls her mouth up and it is too funny!



The half time show was a hit. She loves watching a band and every now and then would cheer or turn around and 'play' an imaginary instrument for us (when she wasn't standing on the rail of course)



We had a great time with only a few melt downs for our napless girl

24 comments:

Rhonda said...

Beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

My favorites are of Annslee cheering with the pom-poms and pointing to her yummy loot in the yellow tray.

Looks like you guys had a very nice getaway and the weather was beautiful! Wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love the pom-poms picture! I've said it before and I'll say it again..she has the best expressions!

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is precious even without her bow! That eagle was pretty scary....I don't blame you Annslee! And also being a Texas myself....I would NEVER let my children go to UT! Although we love their football team!

D said...

Great photos! I went to Tennessee Tech in Cookeville!

Tracy said...

Looks like fun! I don't think I've ever seen anyone so excited for a parade! :)

P.S. Loved all of the photos from the past week.

Patricia said...

LOVE these photos!!! My fave is the one with Miss Anns waving the pompoms! She is soooooo CUTE!!!

Thanks for the LID wish! ;)

Nikki said...

Annslee does have such great expressions...love to look at pictures - I can only imagine how fun they are to witness firsthand.

Glad you had a good day at your almamater...and only a few meltdowns without a nap? Not too shabby.

redmaryjanes said...

She is absolutely irresistible. I love her happiness. She is always smiling and everything is an adventure for her.

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

That last pic is AWESOME!!!! I got your blog from Michelle.

How old is your daughter? We brought Olivia home in Feb. She's 19 months now - WAHHHHH!!! Going too fast.

Deb

jennifer said...

She is just too cute! All of those faces crack me up. Looks like it was alot of fun.

Jo said...

I bet others had more fun watching her than watching the parade!!!!

Seriously, could she be any cuter????

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

What a fab trip. She is absolutely beautiful and so happy. Good job Mommy!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

As usual, fantastic pictures. I really like the one of her standing on the railing watching the band!

Deb said...

What fun pictures.....Annslee is so vivacious....always has so many cute expressions! Bet life at home is never boring!

Susan said...

I can always count on you to have an illustrated story about the adventures of Miss Annslee. OMG, you should write a book! :o)

Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

What fabulous photos! You captured her beautifully!

Sherry said...

CNC's mascot is to scary! Tell Annslee she needs to go to UMD "University of Maryland"... we have much nicer mascots here:) (Turtle's. LOL!!!)

Christy said...

Love the cheering at the parade pics. You gotta think that when way cool things pass by and they toss candy at you-- what can a kid love more!!!!

Very cute pics!!

Christy :)

Emma said...

Man, she is the cutest kid ever!!

Shelly and Family said...

That's way too cool! I love it when she asked if she "Anns" could stay there...that is priceless!

I just know you guys had a great weekend!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Great pics, she makes me laugh. her cute expressions are just the best.
She sure looks like she is hving a blast at that parade...wow flying candy coming at ya..what could be better!

mommy24treasures said...

sounds like a great weekend. Annslee has fun whereever she goes. I would love to see the Eagle face. My fav right now is her telling the dogs they better not even think about touching Ariel. I still snile when I think of that photo!

asiangard said...

The "crazy" face is too funny!

 
Site Meter