Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a great weekend with GiGi and GrandD but I admit I didn't really take many pictures..I know {gasp} I did take quite a bit of video because Annslee was having so much fun playing. I will try to download some later.

One thing we wanted to get done this weekend was the much needed repair on what we call the "Velveteen Blanket" If you don't get this reference because you haven't read the Velveteen Rabbit then go read it and come back later! This is a blanket GiGi gave us before Annslee even came home and it was Daddy's when he was a baby. She obviously has loved it more than Daddy did because it is literally falling apart. It was important that GiGi come fix it for her and she was very concerned looking as the "surgery" was going on and she of course wanted to help : )



Her new favorite toy is the toilet paper holder. Yeah, glad we spend money on toys LOL She uses it as a flute, a trumpet, a pen, a stirrer, a baton....I could go on and on. It got a lot of use this weekend for her parades


One night we all had on tiaras and were waving wands. Annslee of course didn't have clothes on {sigh} but her facial expressions were cracking me up!



She grabbed Jasmine for this one and added a 'stork stand' .... I know Mama doesn't look that great but I just had to put them both on here b/c I couldn't decide which of her expressions I liked best : )



Zoe was a hit as always!! By the end of the weekend she was saying "Zoe" so well it was amazing...she loves getting dog kisses!


See you again in a month GiGi!!!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Your daughter is adorable. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Anonymous said...

OMG, the ones of her with the toilet paper holder is hilarious! Leave it to a child's imagination to come up with ways to play with ordinary objects... I bet you get lots of entertainment out of her! She seems like a bundle of fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend! Glad to see I'm not the only one with a kid that much prefers to be stripped down than dressed:)


Tracy

Anonymous said...

It's obvious how much GiGi and Annslee adore each other. Wonderful pictures!

redmaryjanes said...

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

Sue said...

You had to post the pics because she looks so cute in both of them!!! Glad she had such a fun visit! And neat to see that the blanket repair went well...I'm sure it will need several more repairs in its lifetime!

Mr.Brian said...

Thank you for stopping bye.I had to take a peek at your blog as well.What a darling little girl you have.She looks so happy.And overly loved too.It will take some time but soon I will figure out who is who in you pictures.
I like your dog too,but I am a big dog lover.
Hope you have a great week.
Mr.Brian

mommy24treasures said...

that is so funny about the tp holder. I know I know... Its that way around here for sure...
All the pics seem extra adorable. Maybe because the weekend was filled with such love and happiness...

Shelly and Family said...

I swear...I can't get enough of Annslee! She totally cracks me up with her facial expressions! She is truly one little girl that doesn't hold back! I can't wait to see what she does at Disney!

abebech said...

Laura, sorry if I seemed harsh on Mia's blog -- I didn't mean to at all. I only meant to suggest that kids are often thinking far more than they are able to express (I use my daughter as an example because she is shockingly verbal, doesn't hold anything back, but I imagine her feelings aren't unique even if her level of expression might be). Having said that, your daughter looks incredibly expressive from all these pictures! What a range of facial expressions she has -- if I may say so, she seems like quite a character in the best possible way. You can't go wrong by fostering the development of such a range of expressions, whether in words like my chatty girl, or in demeanor like your daughter!

Pug Mama said...

I love the look of concern on Annslee's face over her blanket, and the toilet paper holder - how funny is that!!!

jennifer said...

Her face while her blanket was being repaired is too cute. You can tell she was worried. She is adorable as always.

Sherry said...

Christmas should be easy this year... the girl doesnt need clothes & she plays with toilet paper holders. LOL! LOL! Kobi is so looking at the pictures & walking torwards the bathroom! I think Annslee's given him ideas:)

Michelle said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! We are big fans of telescopes at the end of TP:) Love the fixing the blanket and the tiaras!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Lottie and Emma LOVE toilet paper rolls! They are awesome for marching bands! LOL I love all the pictures especially the nakie princess!

Unknown said...

She is too sweet! I remember when my daughter was that age! My China girl is now almost 8! We also have a son from S. Korea who is 5.5 I hope your Vietnam adoption goes well! I love the name Malia!

http://familylifeinthedesert.blogspot.com

asiangard said...

That is so sweet! Isn't it funny how they use just about anything as a toy? They have great imaginations! My son Jaden will play with a marker all day, and not even drawing with it! ha ha ha
Kai-LI won't wear clothes either! I think her and Annslee look about the same size! Gotta love those tummy's!
And what are you talking about "Mommy doesn't look that great"You look awesome! I'm lucky if I even have my hair washed and or brushed!Forget about makeup! ha ha

Holly said...

Great pictures! I just love the toilet paper holder ones...too cute!

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Annslee looks SO serious about the blanket repair. I guess it truly is a Velveteen Blanket!

As usual, Annslee is stink'n cute. But I must make a comment about Gigi: Not only does she look like a fun grandma, she's beautiful too! She doesn't look like a grandma!

Marla said...

How cute! My kids always like those "free" toys better than the ones we spend hundreds of dollars on too, lol. :) Looks like it was a super fun weekend.

Rydley said...

Love the tiara and underpants! Too cute!

Tracy said...

So sweet! I love her imagination!

 
Site Meter