Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Needing some good vibes

I don't want to go into any detail just yet but we hit a major roadblock yesterday in our journey to Malia. It is not a "deal breaker" but will definitely make things more difficult. I didn't sleep well at all last night and have spent most of today reaching out to "those in the know" and trying to sort this out. We could really use your thoughts, prayers and good vibes right now. I promise I will spill the beans when I know more.

Annslee has recently decided my Bible is her favorite book. Hey, maybe she has the right idea. She particularly likes the map of the Exodus and that may be appropriate right now as we feel we are no closer to that "promised land" of Vietnam than we were a year ago.

48 comments:

jennifer said...

I am so sorry things aren't going well. I was just thinking of you today and where you were in this second adoption. I will be praying that everything will work out quickly.

KrisJ said...

Well I know exactly what you may be talking about. We to feel we all of a sudden are further away from our Malia too. We will continue to pray for all of us waiting families and hope for that miracle it seems we all need.

Sue said...

So sad to read your post....definitely have you in my prayers and am sending some good vibes your way. Annslee knows...just keep praying and keep the faith that you will have Malia home soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the roadblock. Sending up a prayer for you.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Roadblocks are planned by God, too. You know he won't give you anything you can't handle?!! I will offer my prayers for you and your whole family...

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

thinking good thoughts for your family

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Girl Friend - I am right here with ya!

Hang In There!

Stacie said...

Sending good thoughts and also prayers. Cling to Jeremiah 29:11, God has a plan and he'll see it to fruition.

Lisa L said...

Laura, you are in my prayers. I have been researching VN adoption these past few days and wondering if you were going to be affected by what is going on. Hugs to you girl. Stay strong!

Rydley said...

Thinking of your Laura. I know things are so tough with Vietnam adoptions right now.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I have been reading on the International Adoption Board about Vietnam's issues. Just know that I pray for you often Laura. Hard to feel like God is in control when you are so far away from your precious daughter....but He is!

Big Hugs from Texas!

Mommy Spice said...

Well, I tell you what. We've been doing a lot of praying lately, so I will definitely say one for your family. I hope everything turns out positively.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Knowing a bit about the roadblocks you've already hit, and the state of the program as a whole anyway, I really worry hearing that yet something else has come up to make this even more difficult. I will certainly be sending my good vibes and everything else your way and hoping that the roadblocks clear out. It is time for you to be able to make progress on bringing Malia home!

Anonymous said...

You know I am sending good vibes your way!!! Let me know what you find out!

Tracy (and Amelia)

mommy24treasures said...

Dear Laura
You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I know the feeling of longing for a sister for Annslee, I yearned for Chloe to have a sister SO badly.
I will pray and the good thing is I know He will answer and lead you to your darling daughter.
Love and hugs
Connie

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you're at a "standstill" - please let us know anything and everything when you are ready - we are here for you!!
On a lighter note, you look mah-ve-lous...your verbal description of your new 'do did not do it justice (I really was picturing the Katie and Suri Mom/Daughter hair!)...

We love you all -

Beth and boys

Anonymous said...

sending you a hello kitty-shaped hug

Katie Greer said...

Hi, I have been a lurker for a while now. I surfed over from another blog and thought your daughter was so adorable that I've been following your posts. :) I am sorry to hear that things are not going smoothly, and you & your family are in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

Keeping you in my thoughts. I hope all turns out well.

B said...

I am thinking of your family and hoping that you are able to overcome these new roadblocks.

Sending wishes your way.

Bev

Michelle said...

Hey you, We are thinking about you! Lots of prayers and hugs!!!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know there is a lot happening right now. You will all be in my thoughts.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear your news - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Dianna said...

I'm thinking of you. I don't post often but I check in to see what your cutie daughter is doing all the time :)

Kim said...

So sorry to hear things are not going to well...
Keep your chin up girly..
You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Juliette said...

Hoping for the best!
Sending positives vibes your way.

Anonymous said...

I know, Laura, I know. At least your dossier is over there and hopefully it will all work out for you. Really and truly, you could get your referral and be back with Malia before the September question mark.

I have been dragging my butt on finishing our dossier for Vietnam, so now I'm not sure what to do. A lot to think about.

I am sending positive vibes your way!!!! Hugs, my friend.

Colleen

Becky said...

Oh sweetie I was just thinking about Malia today. I have no idea what is going on but I will keep you all in our prayers.

Hugs to you, my Lovebug friend!

Patricia said...

You know, I think of you often re: Vietnam, but now, I will surely kick it up a notch & turn those good thoughts to PRAYERS!!!

Hang in there!!!

Kelly said...

I will be praying for you guys! I really hope that it works out. I hate all of the problems in the VN program right now. It is just terrible.

Sherry said...

Please Email, call if you need. I hope all is going to be ok but if you need help with your Vietnamese adoption of Malia then do call. I have friends that live in Vietnam right now (Vietnam citizens) & they would do anything they could to aid you in any way. Like I said give me a shout if you need an insider to look after something for you in Vietnam. (I'm serious!)

Steffie B. said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry. I will keep you in my praters. Hope things turn around!

Robin said...

Sending major good vibes your way. I hope that whatever it is is resolved soon so you can get Malia home.

K said...

Definitely think of you guys! I hope it all works out so Malia can be where she belongs!

crazylady said...

Which psalm tells you "worship thy princess dress"? *snicker*

Whatever you are dealing with, I hope you see the light. Not like the light you walk to when you die, the other light..at the end of the tunnel.

my3 kids said...

Laura, I pray things work out for you. Vietnam is a beautiful country to adopt from as we have our miracle Kira who is now 8. But I know there is alot going on there and I pray things settle down and that you can bring your baby home before too long. Sending big Canadian hugs your way. Anslee is such a cutie. Hagn in there girl!

Sheryl said...

Thinking and praying for you all. I know that God has a plan for getting Malia home. Sending hugs, Graycen's mama

Steffie B. said...

Thinking of you.....hope things are looking better!

day by day said...

I will pray for you. So sorry! Love seeing Annslee reading your Bible...too cute!

Marla said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear this. I will definitely be praying that everything works out. Hang in there and big bugs!

PandaMom said...

I will pray for you to get to your daughter quickly! I know that feeling of "loss" when the road shifts on you. Blessings. ; )

BigOrangeDog said...

You know we are there with you. Feel free to email anytime to talk!!!

Jen

Nikki said...

You can definitely count on me praying...I'm sorry you have to go thru this...but keep the faith, my friend. Wish there was more I could do, but Annslee does have the right idea. Smart, smart girl.
XOXO

Headmeister said...

I'm so sorry to read this - you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Eileen said...

I'm sorry! I hope things are resolved soon.

kitchu said...

I'm sorry I'm late to this post (computer problems). I will definitely be praying for all of you.

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've hit a roadblock. You will definitely be in my prayers ...

S. said...

thinking of you and your family and praying that you will somehow find some peace with the uncertainty. I hate what this situation is doing to waiting families!

 
Site Meter